Post#1 » by Kings2013 » Thu Apr 3, 2014 2:13 am

Good start
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Re: Lakers @ Kings 

Post#2 » by Wolfay » Thu Apr 3, 2014 2:45 am

Holy crap Brian Grant! Sad to hear that he has Parkinson's. I didn't know. The Kings team he played on weren't great, but they played hard and were certainly memorable for me.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#3 » by Kings2013 » Thu Apr 3, 2014 2:45 am

You love to see that rookie backcourt developing
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#4 » by SmellingColors » Thu Apr 3, 2014 3:10 am

Ray Mac with 17 pts in the first half. Each game this kid improves. I'm jumping on the bandwagon before it takes off...
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Kings2013 » Thu Apr 3, 2014 3:31 am

This might be close down the stretch like a lot of King/Lakers games in this building it seems
bibby1023
Bench Warmer
And1: 208

Post#6 » by bibby1023 » Thu Apr 3, 2014 4:05 am

Ray Mac is a stud
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Kings2013 » Thu Apr 3, 2014 4:07 am

Outlaw cost Ray a turnover there
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#8 » by Wolfay » Thu Apr 3, 2014 4:25 am

Don't care how good/bad either team is, it's always good to beat the Lakers.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#9 » by ICMTM » Thu Apr 3, 2014 6:30 am

I think Ray had a nice game but once the Lakers trapped him he was stuck and useless. When the game slows down in the half court the Kings just went to Gay over and over again. It worked but guys not named Cousins and Gay were ineffective.

I saw two bad teams playing, but I also saw us crumble when the Lakers played defense. They just weren't good enough to score at the other in.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using RealGM Forums mobile app
KANGZZZZZ!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#10 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Apr 3, 2014 9:08 am

Is that really a bad thing? I think if this team has any hope of doing anything at all moving forward it's going to be all about Gay and Cuz being the focus of your offense regardless of who else is playing well or not.

Also the Kings defense was very good, in particular on the ball. Ray once again showed his value on that end. Surprisingly where the Lakers hurt the Kings was on the offensive glass. It's not nearly as surprising when you realize that Cousins and Evans played less than 40 minutes combined though.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#11 » by ICMTM » Thu Apr 3, 2014 1:54 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:Is that really a bad thing? I think if this team has any hope of doing anything at all moving forward it's going to be all about Gay and Cuz being the focus of your offense regardless of who else is playing well or not.

Also the Kings defense was very good, in particular on the ball. Ray once again showed his value on that end. Surprisingly where the Lakers hurt the Kings was on the offensive glass. It's not nearly as surprising when you realize that Cousins and Evans played less than 40 minutes combined though.

Is really what a bad thing?

We gave up over 100+ points to a team that wasn't very good. Our defense was not good and the Lakers kept missing opportunities to score. They turned into a jump shooting team. They did not have a strong post presence.

This should have been a 20 point blowout versus a close game. We'd get up 10 and let them back in all night, and it was because we blew defensive assignments.

We continuously get beat off the dribble. 2nd chance points as you said as well. The Lakers didn't have a go to guy after Nick Young started pouting and got T'd up. Even with that they made it a close game late. We did not defend the three ball well.

KANGZZZZZ!
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#12 » by enderwilson » Thu Apr 3, 2014 2:07 pm

ICMTM wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:Is that really a bad thing? I think if this team has any hope of doing anything at all moving forward it's going to be all about Gay and Cuz being the focus of your offense regardless of who else is playing well or not.

We gave up over 100+ points to a team that wasn't very good. Our defense was not good and the Lakers kept missing opportunities to score. They turned into a jump shooting team. They did not have a strong post presence.

This should have been a 20 point blowout versus a close game. We'd get up 10 and let them back in all night, and it was because we blew defensive assignments.

We continuously get beat off the dribble. 2nd chance points as you said as well. The Lakers didn't have a go to guy after Nick Young started pouting and got T'd up. Even with that they made it a close game late. We did not defend the three ball well.

Yes. Defense wise we could have done better. Especially considering that the previous three games, even though we lost two of them, we kept our opponents below their season averages. Two of those teams are in top 10 in offense in the league. I think even Malone called it like it was, that we were pretty lackadaisical on defense. But the glass is still half-full right? We have the ability to win games despite the suck.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#13 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Apr 4, 2014 12:13 am

ICMTM wrote:

Is it really a bad thing when you go to one of your best players and your best players carry the load. That's kind of how it goes for most teams and especially ones that can't get a whole lot from it's role players because they don't have a set system still. Defense wasn't perfect but it really wasn't that bad. Letting them all over the offensive glass is what hurt. That and they hit a lot of threes. Quite a few of which were well contested BTW. The Kings were clearly the better team tonight and lead the way for most of it. I'm not worried about this one too much myself. More growth from some of the players that can use it.

Now the trick is to be able to sustain when Cousins is in foul trouble. That will only come with the right pieces and a system so that the lesser players can consistently perform for stretches.

Also, just for the record, the Lakers shot 38%.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Kings2013 » Fri Apr 4, 2014 5:09 am

A lot of good things going on in terms of development. Hopefully Dwill/Acy can end the season on a high note as well (although I know their minutes/roles may not have been totally consistent)

Return to Sacramento Kings