ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft pick race to the bottom

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Re: Draft pick race to the bottom 

Post#21 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:05 am

And if you want to think of something even worse and depressing, if we pick 8, there's a possibility we could be picking 9...or 10. :( :(
Big_Cat
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#22 » by Big_Cat » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Kings2013 wrote:Pistons loss today and most likely loss in their final game at OKC puts us in a position to have to lose one of our remaining home games against Minny/Phx to have the sole 7 worst record. Tough position. I want to end the season with a good taste in everyone's mouths with everyone playing well, but on the other hand we went through a lot of stuff this season to be picking 8, and a lot of people believe the draft somewhat cuts off around 7 (though this will fluctuate)

I'm fairly certain we will be picking 8th or worse. This is what we always do. Every single year since 2007. We think a few games and good feels justifies worsening our draft positioning. Just accept it. We suffered through another season, but just because of those few extra wins, we suffered through this season for absolutely no reason. We won't be drafting anyone that will likely have an impact on our roster.

Again, we're better off just trading away our pick to get out of either Landry or Thompson's contract and hopefully be able to "improve our roster by subtraction."
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#23 » by blind prophet » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:53 am

Big_Cat wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:Pistons loss today and most likely loss in their final game at OKC puts us in a position to have to lose one of our remaining home games against Minny/Phx to have the sole 7 worst record. Tough position. I want to end the season with a good taste in everyone's mouths with everyone playing well, but on the other hand we went through a lot of stuff this season to be picking 8, and a lot of people believe the draft somewhat cuts off around 7 (though this will fluctuate)

I'm fairly certain we will be picking 8th or worse. This is what we always do. Every single year since 2007. We think a few games and good feels justifies worsening our draft positioning. Just accept it. We suffered through another season, but just because of those few extra wins, we suffered through this season for absolutely no reason. We won't be drafting anyone that will likely have an impact on our roster.

Again, we're better off just trading away our pick to get out of either Landry or Thompson's contract and hopefully be able to "improve our roster by subtraction."

I think this may be the way to go, grab someone on their rookie contract that is a decent player that we are certain has some ability, dump the Laundry if possible, JT if not, and move an expiring in the package to negotiate with IT.

If we can move Terry or Williams we can certainly match offers on IT if the FO decides to do that, also can free up long term salary and look to reinvest heavily into potential free agents, RFA, or take back big money makers in trades after next season.

I'm game, let's try to do this, of course top 3 pick miracle would obviously not apply in this scenario.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#24 » by blind prophet » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:06 am

Mods feel free to close/delete the thread, no point really now.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#25 » by Wolfay » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:30 am

Your wish is my command. Ridiculous thread anyway.

Return to Sacramento Kings