RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: Re: Re: Trade Ideas Thread 14-15 

Post#921 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:56 am

City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Lawson would be perfect for Cousins

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app

I disagree, he's a pick and roll guard who likes to get to the rim and dish. Cousins is not a pick and roll player and owns the paint. I don't know why it's so hard for GM's to just look at similar players throughout history and what they had success with and the repeat it. The first and only time the Kings had success with Cousins was when they finally ditched pick and roll basketball and went to a post up, defensive, well paced game plan. Coincidence? 3 months of success out of 4+ years disagrees as well.
I completely agree with your assessment on Cousins success. Where we disagree is thinking Lawson is only a PnR pg.

He's not just a pick and roll guard but with any me first star guard that's what you get because that's pretty much how those types of guards get to that level. If you don't use him that way you essentially turn him into DC2, why not just keep Darren Collison and fill the other true weaknesses on the team? The Kings pretty much have one shot at this, and if getting cap space to go after "depth at PG" is the solution, then Karl better know darn well that the answers are already on the team and just aren't being used right because it's going to be that tight.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 14-15 

Post#922 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:03 am

Kings2013 wrote:Lawson likes the ball in his hands.. like Rondo.. don't know if that's ideal with Cuz and Rudy..

Also, what would you give to get him? Would Nik and DC alone get it done?

My love for DC clouds my judgement, but I don't know if Lawson is better to the tune of touching McLemore or whatever. DC is a better defender, stretches the floor more and is less ball dominant, traits I think go better with Cuz/Gay

Not to say I'm right, as I think many would prefer Lawson

Exactly.

DC was brought in for a specific reason and early on in the year it paid off in a big way. This teams defensive success was tied directly to DC protecting the front door and Cuz defending the back. It had very little to do with anything else and while it was mostly Cousins Collison played the 2nd biggest part at least.

DC also was brought in specifically because of the ways he produces and his propensity to do more of role players work. Made sense, it worked, what's the issue again? This all screams "Landry" to me. Yeah, nice to have, but not a necessity at all. Dragic I can kind of get because he's really more of a SG anyway, but as I said, where does it leave Ben? I mean Ben has had to alter his own development to be the player this team needs and he's done a decent job at it.

Clearing max money to go after Dragic still looks like one of those value pick ups for the sole reason that it's the only value you might have a shot at. Where's the vision Pete? Sessions made no sense. How did it turn out? Putting the trio of JT/Landry/Cuz back together made zero sense. How's that turning out? DC made sense. How again? Gay made sense. Again? Stauskas didn't. How's that looking again?
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#923 » by Kings2013 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:11 am

50/50 Stauskas is on this roster by this time tomorrow.

I'm not the biggest fan of the kid, and am apathetic right now towards his future. Meaning is doesn't take much to sell me on moving him, even for half season gambles. We will see how it goes, and if he is here I'm hoping Karl starts getting something out of him
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Re: Trade Ideas Thread 14-15 

Post#924 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:21 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:Lawson likes the ball in his hands.. like Rondo.. don't know if that's ideal with Cuz and Rudy..

My love for DC clouds my judgement, but I don't know if Lawson is better to the tune of touching McLemore or whatever. DC is a better defender, stretches the floor more and is less ball dominant, traits I think go better with Cuz/Gay

Exactly.

DC was brought in for a specific reason and early on in the year it paid off in a big way. This teams defensive success was tied directly to DC protecting the front door and Cuz defending the back. It had very little to do with anything else and while it was mostly Cousins Collison played the 2nd biggest part at least.

DC also was brought in specifically because of the ways he produces and his propensity to do more of role players work. Made sense, it worked, what's the issue again? This all screams "Landry" to me. Yeah, nice to have, but not a necessity at all. Dragic I can kind of get because he's really more of a SG anyway, but as I said, where does it leave Ben? I mean Ben has had to alter his own development to be the player this team needs and he's done a decent job at it.

Clearing max money to go after Dragic still looks like one of those value pick ups for the sole reason that it's the only value you might have a shot at. Where's the vision Pete? Sessions made no sense. How did it turn out? Putting the trio of JT/Landry/Cuz back together made zero sense. How's that turning out? DC made sense. How again? Gay made sense. Again? Stauskas didn't. How's that looking again?
I should have specified I'm cool with Collison, he has made the team better. I want to see Kings keep Collison and get Lawson. This team would have great leadership at PG the Entire game. Both guys on the floor together would be amazing at times with the right matchups. Karl wants the Kings to run, who's faster than Lawson and Collison? Not that many.

SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Re: Re: Trade Ideas Thread 14-15 

Post#925 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:25 am

City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Exactly.

I should have specified I'm cool with Collison, he has made the team better. I want to see Kings keep Collison and get Lawson. This team would have great leadership at PG the Entire game. Both guys on the floor together would be amazing at times with the right matchups. Karl wants the Kings to run, who's faster than Lawson and Collison? Not that many.

And who would be scared of Lawson and Collison? Not many. :P Mainly because that means you don't have to worry about Cousins anymore and that's the real player they are worried about. Letting Lawson and Collison blaze up the court to get a layup while Cousins is still on the other end saying "wait up"? 29 other teams probably think that's a great idea. I hope Karl knows what he's doing and his history shows no real allegiance to any one style so if the idea is to still go small and out run teams with Cousins chugging it up the court then they should have just hung onto Corbin and that lotto pick.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#926 » by Kings2013 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:41 am

I know we all are looking for something but the more I think of the Dragic situation the less likely it seems to me

First I think the notion is he wants to be featured more on his new team, and not necessarily be a third guy

To trade the assets necessary, which is something of substance besides Nik, the team is going to need some assurance and our franchises reputation took a bad turn

Then he is going to be paid 15-20 to be a third guy, when we need to fill a bench

This is before we get to his fit here
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#927 » by blind prophet » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:04 am

Ok we need to move Sessions for an expiring at least tomorrow.

Then we need to consider moving JT for something cheaper that will truly expire next season, basically someone not that good just to end our clutter situation.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#928 » by dozencousins » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:00 pm

Afflalo has been traded to the Blazers so he's gone as an option now .
Kings offered the Suns their 2014 Stauskus & quit a bit more for Dragic but Dragics camp said he would not sign with Sac so Kings have backed out of the Dragic sweep stakes so he is gone .

Kings are looking now at Reggie Jackson & many other options now . Does not look to good for the Kings to get their main targets but thats not to say we wont make deals because their are many deals we can still & a deal or two likely that will be made .
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#929 » by dozencousins » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:06 pm

1st trade will happen soon

Kings are trading Sessions + a filler to the Wizards for andre miller
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,535

Trade Ideas Thread 14-15 

Post#930 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:21 pm

I like it, Sessions for Andre Miller. Always been a fan of his and he should help on both ends of the floor coming off the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#931 » by dozencousins » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Miller as well will serve as a mentor & kind of like a player coach to help with our younger guards as well .
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#932 » by yosemiteben » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:35 pm

dozencousins wrote:Does not look to good for the Kings to get their main targets but thats not to say we wont make deals because their are many deals we can still & a deal or two likely that will be made .

Any chance the Hornets are on the other end of one of those offers?
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#933 » by blind prophet » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:37 pm

Great move Pete.

Miller is an upgrade even at his age, he also expires.

If he wants to sign for another year at the vets minimum, he is not a bad guy to have around, if he is interested in becoming part of a coaching staff down the road, he is setup with Karl right now.

I like it.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#934 » by dozencousins » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:43 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
dozencousins wrote:Does not look to good for the Kings to get their main targets but thats not to say we wont make deals because their are many deals we can still & a deal or two likely that will be made .

Any chance the Hornets are on the other end of one of those offers?

Yes . Doesn't mean anything will happen but Jason Thompson in a deal were Kings get Marvin Williams could happen along with possible fillers from both teams is possible .
Cannot say anything is for sure
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#935 » by dozencousins » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:50 pm

Looking very likely that Stauskus will remain a King for now . Reggie Jackson as well is very unlikely now . I dont expect the Kings to go after Deron Williams either for now at this point if so Collison would have to be in that deal but again very unlikely .
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#936 » by blind prophet » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:57 pm

Thompson's salary + Sessions

$6,037,500 + $2,077,000 = 8,114,500

Miller + Felton

4,625,000 + 4,360,000 = 8,955,000

Difference 840,500

Ray McCallum $816,482

I think Ray and JT may be gone here today.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#937 » by dozencousins » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Nets & Thunder are attempting to get us as a 3rd team in their possible trade

Lopez to the Thunder , R.Jackson & Perkins to the Nets . Nets are trying to get us to take Deron williams in the deal ( not sure that would happen now though ) We would be dealing Thonpson or Landry with Derrick williams & my guess we would now have to trade collison if that happened however i dont see this happening now .
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#938 » by Kings2013 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:13 pm

We need something to happen in the next 2 hours, a new player of substance coming here
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#939 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:07 pm

JT, still hanging out there with a free sign and not a single bite. :banghead:

C'mon, send him and Stauskas to the Bucks for Ersan, or something!
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#940 » by dozencousins » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:49 pm

Another trade is not looking good right now . We are still talking with Bucks , nets ,bobcats & Okc .

We will see if we get another deal done or not .

Return to Sacramento Kings