ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread 14-15

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Re: Offseason Trade Thread 

Post#441 » by Kings2013 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:52 pm

There is still not much depth in SG besides kids who may or may not be able to play.. Ray is fine IMO. Don't know much about Sessions, or if he can easily switch to the 2/play off the ball. I see his outside jumper isn't that reliable. Maybe the FO envisions both Ramon and/or Ray playing positionless backetball
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#442 » by nolimit0820 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:53 pm

I think it's a smart move as much as I like Ray. If Ray beats Sessions out...great...if not...Ray wasn't ready

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#443 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:06 pm

The only reason I question it is because I think we needed a veteran SG more than anything else. Someone that could still handle the ball if needed, but who's natural position wasn't PG. Oh well.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie
And1: 71

Post#444 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Pete is obtaining valuable but inexpensive assets. I like the signing especially for how small the contract is. The organization wants to start winning now and it is proven that veterans win in the league. I can see Ray Mac being a part of a trade (maybe Josh Smith?). I'd love to see Pete pull off a trade for either Smith or Taj Gibson to lock up the PF spot before training camp starts next week. I want the roster to have the opportunity to have training camp together.

On another note, there have been workouts with Josh Howard, Jamario Moon, and Mickael Pietrus. All older and past their prime. I'd much rather sign Terrence Williams because of his age, unselfish play, and versatility. Or why not just keep Alonzo Gee? He's an un-guaranteed contract that can be used as trade chip before deadline.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#445 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:19 pm

Ramon Sessions can share time in the back court with Darren Collison. It would move Collison off the ball. Collison is a better outside shooter than Sessions. Sessions has a good assist to turnover rate (doesn't turn it over very much). A big problem last year was ball handling and turnovers. Isaiah turned it over a lot because he had the ball in his hands so much trying to make things happen. Thornton had no handles and Ben's are even worse. Ray was just a rookie. I think this signing is a great one especially for the price.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie

Post#446 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Collison and Sessions were #38 and #33 in assist to turnover rate in the league last year. The only other King in the top 40 was Vasquez at #24 but he was obviously traded. Isaiah was #42 and DeMarcus was #96. I don't know how many times Jerry Reynolds and Grant Napear talk about assists to turnovers during their broadcast during the season (every night!). Also Coach Malone would talk about the same thing in his post game conferences. I like what management is doing. We weren't that far off from winning quite a few more games last year. I believe the roster changes while not splashy may correlate to big improvement on the court and in the win column.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#447 » by City of Trees » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:52 pm

I think it's a great signing. Disappointed for McCallum tho. Sessions is a solid player, I can't see McCallum matching his efficiency in only year 2.

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#448 » by KF10 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:10 pm

I like the Sessions signing too.

Be it he starts next to Collison or is his direct back up, the Kings has gotten better after this move.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#449 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:50 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:Pete is obtaining valuable but inexpensive assets. I like the signing especially for how small the contract is. The organization wants to start winning now and it is proven that veterans win in the league. I can see Ray Mac being a part of a trade (maybe Josh Smith?). I'd love to see Pete pull off a trade for either Smith or Taj Gibson to lock up the PF spot before training camp starts next week. I want the roster to have the opportunity to have training camp together.

On another note, there have been workouts with Josh Howard, Jamario Moon, and Mickael Pietrus. All older and past their prime. I'd much rather sign Terrence Williams because of his age, unselfish play, and versatility. Or why not just keep Alonzo Gee? He's an un-guaranteed contract that can be used as trade chip before deadline.

Without knowing if they are looking at the possibilities of next summers free agency, in particular any excess left over after a potential re-signing of Rudy Gay. that 2 plus million could be crucial to making a splash. No Landry, no Sessions? That's 8+ million alone.
nashrambler13
Suns Forum Returning Poster of the Year
And1: 180

Post#450 » by nashrambler13 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:04 am

Hey Kings fans! I truly truly do NOT want to disrespect you guys with this trade quandry, but here we go.

Let's say things go terribly this year (record-wise, chemistry-wise) and Boogie starts to want out. Obviously, I'm sure none of you want to see him go, but IF that happens...

What would it take from the Suns roster (in your minds) to make a fair trade?

Are any of our prospects interesting to you?
-Alex Len (No. 5 Pick, SO much room to grow)
-TJ Warren (The talk of the summer league this year!)
-Tyler Ennis
-Archie Goodwin (He killed you guys in the last game of the season? If that gave you any impressions of potential)

Players to make salary work?
-Gerald Green (3.5 mil)
- PJ Tucker (5.7 mil)

Picks?
- Lakers 2015 first rounder (top 3 protected)
- Minnesota 2015 first rounder (well, protected top 13 in 2014-15 top 12 in 2015-16, else 2016 and 2017 second round picks)
- Our pick

I feel like the deal would have to center around Alex Len and the Lakers pick, but that doesn't seem to be enough. Theoretically, we could give you a reset button with the offer of tons of talent that needs to be groomed. Any feed back would be great (even if it's GTFO)! Thanks!
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#451 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:31 am

No.
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#452 » by OhioKingsFan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:59 pm

I will kindly acknowledge that this is in fact a terrible trade quandary. As such, I emphatically decline your proposal, and place in doubt your team's ability to put together anything close to "enticing" for a Boogie deal.

In other words, IF Boogie were on the block, the offers would be MUCH higher than what you are offering. Boogie will not be going to the Suns.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#453 » by Kings2013 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:46 pm

nashrambler13 wrote:Hey Kings fans! I truly truly do NOT want to disrespect you guys with this trade quandry, but here we go.

Let's say things go terribly this year (record-wise, chemistry-wise) and Boogie starts to want out. Obviously, I'm sure none of you want to see him go, but IF that happens...

What would it take from the Suns roster (in your minds) to make a fair trade?

Are any of our prospects interesting to you?
-Alex Len (No. 5 Pick, SO much room to grow)
-TJ Warren (The talk of the summer league this year!)
-Tyler Ennis
-Archie Goodwin (He killed you guys in the last game of the season? If that gave you any impressions of potential)

Players to make salary work?
-Gerald Green (3.5 mil)
- PJ Tucker (5.7 mil)

Picks?
- Lakers 2015 first rounder (top 3 protected)
- Minnesota 2015 first rounder (well, protected top 13 in 2014-15 top 12 in 2015-16, else 2016 and 2017 second round picks)
- Our pick

I feel like the deal would have to center around Alex Len and the Lakers pick, but that doesn't seem to be enough. Theoretically, we could give you a reset button with the offer of tons of talent that needs to be groomed. Any feed back would be great (even if it's GTFO)! Thanks!

No offense at all man, and I appreciate your interest in Cuz but it is just too early for this. If Dragic was signed long term it would be like me asking you the question in reverse if I had an interest in Dragic for this team.

We don't think we are heading in the wrong direction and a lot of Kings fans don't believe PHX will be on another tier from us in the future (we were essentialy a .500 team post-Gay trade with our key pieces playing). Cousins has often spoke of his loyalty to this franchise and his situation is different from Love's in that he has three years remaining after this year, and not the same clout to force a transaction. I couldn't foresee moving him as soon as next year, if the unfortunate circumstance arose IMO it would be a little further down
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#454 » by No-Man » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:41 pm

A trade in the mold of the Rudy Gay one, who says no?

Brooklyn gets, Darren Collison (when is possible to trade him), Ben McLemore, Derrick Williams, Carl Landry, Sacramento 2017 1st round pick (top5 protected in 2017, top3 in 2018, top1 in 2019, unprotected in 2020).
Sacramento gets, Deron Williams, Marquis Teague, Jorge Gutiérrez, Cory Jefferson.

Williams-McCallum-Gutierrez-Teague
Stauskas-Sessions-Johnson
Gay-Casspi
Thompson-Evans-Jefferson-Moreland
Cousins-Hollins
sdballer
Senior
And1: 269

Post#455 » by sdballer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:40 am

Fischella wrote:A trade in the mold of the Rudy Gay one, who says no?

Brooklyn gets, Darren Collison (when is possible to trade him), Ben McLemore, Derrick Williams, Carl Landry, Sacramento 2017 1st round pick (top5 protected in 2017, top3 in 2018, top1 in 2019, unprotected in 2020).
Sacramento gets, Deron Williams, Marquis Teague, Jorge Gutiérrez, Cory Jefferson.

Gay-Casspi
Cousins-Hollins

Awful. Dwill isn't worth anything close to that at this point.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#456 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:14 am

Deron isn't worth Mclemore, Williams, filler and a 1st?......

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
RedAlice
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#457 » by RedAlice » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:22 am

I WANT HORFORD!!!
That's all I'm gonna say...
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#458 » by blind prophet » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:24 am

Fischella wrote:A trade in the mold of the Rudy Gay one, who says no?

Gay-Casspi
Cousins-Hollins

You are :crazy:

Williams contract is absolutely horrible. I would not trade you Landry + JT for him, even if you gave up picks too.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#459 » by ackypoo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:53 pm

bucks fan here. what would you guys want in return for mccallum?
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,405

Post#460 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:00 pm

Trade Checker works for the following:

David Lee to Kings
Jason Thompson and Carl Landry to Warriors

Thoughts?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Sacramento Kings