ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread 14-15

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SacKingsPejaFan
Sixth Man
And1: 114

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 14-15 

Post#541 » by SacKingsPejaFan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:14 pm

I like the idea of Brook Lopez on the team. It doesn't matter he's not a consistent rebounder because Cousins is the best in the business. Lopez did just grab 16 the other night though. He's a better shot-blocker than Cousins and he's a very efficient scorer, arguably the 2nd best offensive big in the league after Cousins. Obviously he's injury prone but it's not unprecedented for guys to turn that around. I believe until this week he's played every game this year. Imagine having the two best offensive bigs in the league.

I know the reports are Brooklyn wants to remain in playoff contention, so maybe a package of our expirings (e.g., D-Will is like $6.5m expiring) won't do the trick unless they just want Mason Plumlee to get all the PT. But I'd think long and hard about dealing for Lopez. I wouldn't give up both Stauskas and McLemore, and I obviously wouldn't give up Cousins, Gay, or Collison. But anybody else is fair game IMO.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#542 » by enderwilson » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Tim Hardaway Jr. + ??? for Sessions + DWill

Looks like tensions are building up over in NY, and they're going to have to move Hardaway out if they want to salvage some chemistry on that team. Knowing how well Tim performed in the summer league, I'm wondering if he would be a better option off our bench, and allow us to move some of the stink we currently have.

Doubt this would make NY much better, but it certainly looks like things could get worse for them unless a change is made soon.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect

Post#543 » by enderwilson » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:19 pm

SacKingsPejaFan wrote:I like the idea of Brook Lopez on the team. It doesn't matter he's not a consistent rebounder because Cousins is the best in the business. Lopez did just grab 16 the other night though. He's a better shot-blocker than Cousins and he's a very efficient scorer, arguably the 2nd best offensive big in the league after Cousins. Obviously he's injury prone but it's not unprecedented for guys to turn that around. I believe until this week he's played every game this year. Imagine having the two best offensive bigs in the league.

I know the reports are Brooklyn wants to remain in playoff contention, so maybe a package of our expirings (e.g., D-Will is like $6.5m expiring) won't do the trick unless they just want Mason Plumlee to get all the PT. But I'd think long and hard about dealing for Lopez. I wouldn't give up both Stauskas and McLemore, and I obviously wouldn't give up Cousins, Gay, or Collison. But anybody else is fair game IMO.

If there's any way to do this and keep JT and Evans, I think we'd have a frontcourt that would dominate the West Coast.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,507

Post#544 » by codydaze » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:42 pm

enderwilson wrote:Tim Hardaway Jr. + ??? for Sessions + DWill

Looks like tensions are building up over in NY, and they're going to have to move Hardaway out if they want to salvage some chemistry on that team. Knowing how well Tim performed in the summer league, I'm wondering if he would be a better option off our bench, and allow us to move some of the stink we currently have.

Doubt this would make NY much better, but it certainly looks like things could get worse for them unless a change is made soon.

He'd be nice off the bench but I think a package of Stauskas + Hollins for Hardaway straight up would be a better deal for us. Would NY do it? If locker room problems are as bad as they say, I wouldn't doubt this could get it done. They lose Hardaway but get another promising shooter who isn't nearly as much as a chucker. I don't think they'd be able to take on DWill's contract anyway. After Brooklyn traded AK47, the Knicks now have the highest payroll in the league.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect

Post#545 » by enderwilson » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:06 am

codydaze wrote:He'd be nice off the bench but I think a package of Stauskas + Hollins for Hardaway straight up would be a better deal for us. Would NY do it? If locker room problems are as bad as they say, I wouldn't doubt this could get it done. They lose Hardaway but get another promising shooter who isn't nearly as much as a chucker. I don't think they'd be able to take on DWill's contract anyway. After Brooklyn traded AK47, the Knicks now have the highest payroll in the league.

No. Why move Stauskas? We're not even 1/2 way into his rookie season and we trade away probably our best 3 point shooter? Sure fire way to piss off Malone considering he gushes about the kid to the media everytime his name is brought up. We don't move Nik unless its for a significant piece. I suggested Hardaway because he's a low-hanging fruit, ripe for the picking given the unstable situation over in NY.

Maybe you're right about DWill though. How about Sessions and Hollins. Sessions', contract is not much better than Nik's (less maybe?), and we all know how much he's been able to contribute.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,507

Post#546 » by codydaze » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:06 pm

enderwilson wrote:No. Why move Stauskas? We're not even 1/2 way into his rookie season and we trade away probably our best 3 point shooter? Sure fire way to piss off Malone considering he gushes about the kid to the media everytime his name is brought up. We don't move Nik unless its for a significant piece. I suggested Hardaway because he's a low-hanging fruit, ripe for the picking given the unstable situation over in NY.

Maybe you're right about DWill though. How about Sessions and Hollins. Sessions', contract is not much better than Nik's (less maybe?), and we all know how much he's been able to contribute.

I see Hardaway as an upgrade from Stauskas and they would playing the same role. Why bring in another young shooting guard to give minutes to? Hardaway is basically just as young and has proven he can score. Even if Sessions has been playing terrible, I'd rather keep his vet presence than get even younger with a crowded two guard position. I was high on Stauskas coming out of the draft but I just don't think he has the athleticism to be effective and that's not something that can be taught. He may turn into a great spot shooter but I'd rather have Hardaway who can also shoot the ball at a high level.
OscarH
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#547 » by OscarH » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Kenneth Faried I think would be an intresting target, Pete knows him well having been at Denver when drafted. He seems to be on the outside there now. Not sure what Denver would want in return however and would likely need Philly to help take some $ to make it work.

I think if we are to use assets anywhere it should be to upgrade the 4. I like the idea of JT off the bench not expecting him to carry O but he has had more space down low without Boogie that could work to keep offesnive sets similar to a degree with him in bench unit.
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#548 » by boogie-reke » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:12 am

I don't like Faried's fit.

Also I think he's ridiculously overpaid.

Offers zero spacing, undersized, doesn't really defend - basically we'll be paying 13 million a year for a hustle energy and rebounds guy who doesn't protect the rim, can't create, clogs the paint, who has a shaky team and man to man defense.

Why would we do that? I'd love him as a 8-9 mil per year Taj Gibson type coming off the bench and giving him strong minutes(And Taj is much, much more skilled and diverse as a player on both ends of the court and is exactly the guy we need at the 4 other then Ibaka) - but he is quite simply not needed, especially not next to DeMarcus where he adds zero beside what we already have. The biggest thing he'll bring other then energy and hustle will be rebound - where #15 is already arguably the best in the NBA at as is.

Hell no for Faried from me. I'd much rather have Jason Thompson for more then half the price, and have an extra 6-7 million to boost my roster.

If he'd be a high level\elite defender I might've actually considered him, but that's not the case at all.
PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,529

Post#549 » by PaKwAn » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:13 am

brook lopez would be a bad fit with cuz.. it can work on offense but would be awful defensively together...
PaKwAn
Veteran

Post#550 » by PaKwAn » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:39 am

got a question..our pick is top 10 protected this year, what if the regular season ends and we stay at 13-14 spot but then somehow it gets lucky and wins a 1-3 pick.. do we get that pick or does chicago own it now?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#551 » by City of Trees » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:00 am

PaKwAn wrote:got a question..our pick is top 10 protected this year, what if the regular season ends and we stay at 13-14 spot but then somehow it gets lucky and wins a 1-3 pick.. do we get that pick or does chicago own it now?
picks are awarded after lottery positioning is determined.

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#552 » by bleeds_purple » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:42 am

boogie-reke wrote:I don't like Faried's fit.

Offers zero spacing, undersized, doesn't really defend - basically we'll be paying 13 million a year for a hustle energy and rebounds guy who doesn't protect the rim, can't create, clogs the paint, who has a shaky team and man to man defense.

Why would we do that? I'd love him as a 8-9 mil per year Taj Gibson type coming off the bench and giving him strong minutes(And Taj is much, much more skilled and diverse as a player on both ends of the court and is exactly the guy we need at the 4 other then Ibaka) - but he is quite simply not needed, especially not next to DeMarcus where he adds zero beside what we already have. The biggest thing he'll bring other then energy and hustle will be rebound - where #15 is already arguably the best in the NBA at as is.

Hell no for Faried from me. I'd much rather have Jason Thompson for more then half the price, and have an extra 6-7 million to boost my roster.

If he'd be a high level\elite defender I might've actually considered him, but that's not the case at all.

Seriously I never got the Faried fascination; Taj is a much better player overall. Who needs an undersized PF that can't shoot? He shines in the fast break and the Kings will always been a slow down team with Rudy and Demarcus. So he's a horrible fit on top of it.
PaKwAn
Veteran

Post#553 » by PaKwAn » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:28 am

City of Trees wrote:
PaKwAn wrote:got a question..our pick is top 10 protected this year, what if the regular season ends and we stay at 13-14 spot but then somehow it gets lucky and wins a 1-3 pick.. do we get that pick or does chicago own it now?
picks are awarded after lottery positioning is determined.

thanks!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#554 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:58 am

bleeds_purple wrote:

Seriously I never got the Faried fascination; Taj is a much better player overall. Who needs an undersized PF that can't shoot? He shines in the fast break and the Kings will always been a slow down team with Rudy and Demarcus. So he's a horrible fit on top of it.

Teams love players that can provide production without having to have plays called for them. Great for a team like the Kings, bad for a team like Denver who need guys that can be someone you call plays for. I think Faried would be a good fit overall, but yeah, they paid him star money and unless he's the final piece for this team you can't tie up that much cap in a player like him. No question though, Faried impacts a game and that's why he's a valuable player to any team and can probably fit on almost any team.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#555 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:02 am

Ick if the Kings don't make they playoffs and wind up 10-13 in the lotto. Although this draft looks like a dud for the most part. I would be mega pissed if the Kings did lose that pick and a shot at Montrezl Harrel. Now that dude, especially if he can continue to get a jumper down, would be the most ideal fit next to Cousins you could find. He's like Faried without all the "if only he could do this" talk. I don't think he'll necessarily produce like Faried but he has great role player potential.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#556 » by bleeds_purple » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:14 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:

Teams love players that can provide production without having to have plays called for them. Great for a team like the Kings, bad for a team like Denver who need guys that can be someone you call plays for. I think Faried would be a good fit overall, but yeah, they paid him star money and unless he's the final piece for this team you can't tie up that much cap in a player like him. No question though, Faried impacts a game and that's why he's a valuable player to any team and can probably fit on almost any team.

Oh yea no doubt If he was on a better contract I think he would be a great energy guy off the bench. He's overpaid about 3-4 million per year. I see him as a third big who plays 25-30 minutes a game. Ideally where your starting PF can shift to C as a bench unit. It would actually be nice to be able to run Cousins/Thompson/Faried (spot minutes to D-Will) imagine Thompson/Faried starting the second quarter together after Cousins sits. But ultimately I think a guy more in the mold of Draymond Green would be a better fit. I kind of just look at Ibaka as the ideal 4 man next to Cousins and compare everyone to him in some way (i.e. a full-size PF who can 3 & D).
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#557 » by City of Trees » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:22 pm

It's reported the Pistons want a 1st in return for Monroe. Without even getting into how the Kings could send their 2017 1st, is it worth the risk to trade for an expiring Monroe?

SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#558 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:35 pm

If anything, this increases the chances of Smith coming aboard. I don't think they have any interest in creating a huge front line like one with Monroe and Cuz.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#559 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:46 pm

All the dots are starting to connect here. Vivek/Pete wanted Royce White to run point. SVG has been using Smith recently much in the same way that they wanted to see Royce White play. Pete and Vivek wanted Smith, Malone didn't and Malone instead used White as a back to basket traditional PF when he played him. Hmmm.... interesting.
PaKwAn
Veteran

Post#560 » by PaKwAn » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:24 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the kings go after smith or even faried

Return to Sacramento Kings