ImageImageImageImageImage

Darren Collison 3yr/$16m

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Re: Darren Collison 3yr/$16m 

Post#61 » by blind prophet » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Kings2013 wrote:I already like what I sense of his leadership. Apparently he's working out with some of the younger players now. I was really impressed by an interview I read on another Kings site. I heard he went out of his way to workout with and encourage Ben in Los Angeles. Cuz shared a phone call he had where Darren told him something like he would run through a brick wall for him after Darren signed.

I think Darren has what it takes to surprise this season, a veteran who can really come into his own in the right system

With our cap space next season, it's gonna take two years for me to evaluate this unless he preforms either terribly or very well this season.

I'd like to see how they invest after saving some money with him as our guy for the foreseeable future.
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#62 » by Darren_Errman » Thu Oct 2, 2014 12:16 am

If Lin is open to leaving LA, I would like to see us make a reasonable contract offer to Lin next summer and give it a go. I very much prefer Lin over Collison to start next to Stauskas. More size, better finisher, better passer, better defender, higher ceiling, younger.

Collison is a very nice backup. As a starter, I can't say I feel comfortable.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#63 » by City of Trees » Thu Oct 2, 2014 3:45 am

Darren_Errman wrote:If Lin is open to leaving LA, I would like to see us make a reasonable contract offer to Lin next summer and give it a go. I very much prefer Lin over Collison to start next to Stauskas. More size, better finisher, better passer, better defender, higher ceiling, younger.

Bit premature here. We haven't even seen Darren play alongside Nik yet. Nothing but assumptions here.

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
RedAlice
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#64 » by RedAlice » Thu Oct 2, 2014 2:56 pm

Darren_Errman wrote:If Lin is open to leaving LA, I would like to see us make a reasonable contract offer to Lin next summer and give it a go. I very much prefer Lin over Collison to start next to Stauskas. More size, better finisher, better passer, better defender, higher ceiling, younger.

Finally I found a guy thought of Lin in this forum. They must have common experience of being underrated. They will be perfect fit. No idea how Collison fits the team though
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#65 » by Darren_Errman » Thu Oct 2, 2014 3:06 pm

Collison has been in the league for a while. It's not really an assumption that he is better suited as a backup than a starter on a good team.

Lin is bigger and more explosive. Kid has 2 standout skills: attacking the rim and floor vision. He had great stretches as a starter when not hampered by injuries. The international Lin fans can be a bit annoying but he's a talented point guard with untapped potential.

Return to Sacramento Kings