I'm looking for a little info on your team

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

I'm looking for a little info on your team 

Post#1 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm starting up my offseason preview and wanted to get some info and feedback from you guys before I got going.

So, I come to you folks.

How do you see your depth chart breaking down?
What are the major story lines to your team this year?
How do you think you will finish record wise in the league? (what place? 1-30)
Tell me a little about your coaching situation.

Thanks in advance.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Re: I'm looking for a little info on your team 

Post#2 » by OGSactownballer » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:48 pm

You are about a month and a half early here as our FO insists that there are still moves that will happen before camp.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#3 » by ICMTM » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:52 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:I'm starting up my offseason preview and wanted to get some info and feedback from you guys before I got going.

So, I come to you folks.

How do you see your depth chart breaking down?
What are the major story lines to your team this year?
How do you think you will finish record wise in the league? (what place? 1-30)
Tell me a little about your coaching situation.

Thanks in advance.

Coaching situation is stable

Record I'm going to say 38-40 wins. I think with the growth of Gay and Cousins plus better defensive play we'll improve by 10 games or more.

We have new owners, new arena coming, and we have an active GM

Collison
McLemore
Gay
TBD
Cousins
KANGZZZZZ!
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#4 » by blind prophet » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:11 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:You are about a month and a half early here as our FO insists that there are still moves that will happen before camp.

This right here.

Now if someone had a gun to my head and I had to be Miss Cleo giving you a reading, I'd say about 33 wins.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#5 » by Wolfay » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Probably the major story line of the season is off the court, as the actual construction of the arena is supposed to begin in September (demolition of the site is set to begin anytime within the next two weeks), assuming some lawsuit doesn't temporarily halt progress. I think there's currently two pending, but neither are really considered to have any merit.

On the court, the story will be whether or not we'll have tangible improvement in terms of wins/losses. I'm personally hoping for 40 wins. I have no idea where that would put us in the league...maybe 17-20? A contract extension of Rudy Gay and for how much will likely be a big storyline as well.

Coaching is stable as it's been since the Webber days. Ownership is probably behind Malone more than probably anybody else in the organization.

Best guess at the depth chart (as the roster currently stands, and it probably won't remain like this):

Collison/Ray Mac
B-Mac/Stauskas
Gay/Outlaw
Landry/Evans
Cousins/Thompson
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by jazzfan1971 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 10:06 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:You are about a month and a half early here as our FO insists that there are still moves that will happen before camp.

There goes one.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#7 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Aug 6, 2014 10:22 pm

And if that was it......time keeps ticking.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#8 » by blind prophet » Wed Aug 6, 2014 11:34 pm

Ok we get out of a little clutter at pf, add Ellington who may not be stretched for certain. Something tells me this may mean McLemore may be out the door.

We add a SG a fraction of the cost less than Outlaw, and have Casspi as a backup SF instead of Outlaw or a possible limited min pf.

Ellington also shot .424 percent from 3, should be able to spot shoot.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jazzfan1971 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:43 am

Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#10 » by Wolfay » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:11 pm

I appreciated your take on our front office's strategy, and didn't care much for floppy's opinion. I'm not sure how a 23 and 12 season from Cousins translates into showing up only twice. Those two games must've been the most dominating in human history. I also don't understand why you're posting his win predictions if he thinks they're flawed and is more concerned about the standings anyway. Just post were he thinks the team will end up in the standings at the conclusion of the season.
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#11 » by Darren_Errman » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:24 pm

Very likely Stauskas starts from day 1.

Vivek will take a page out of GS's book like when they traded Monta so Klay could start during his rookie year.

Malone was a coach on GS as well. Both Vivek and Malone saw firsthand Klay's repid development once he was thrusted into the starting role.

They will do the same with Stauskas and throw him into the fire early. If he doesn't start on day 1, he will most likely start by mid season. Book it.

Return to Sacramento Kings