ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings 2014 Offseason Assessment

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Kings 2014 Offseason Assessment 

Post#1 » by enderwilson » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:59 pm

I've been thinking about how different this past offseason feels compared to previous ones. Despite the lack of a splash in terms of trades, this summer feels like it's been pretty busy for the organization. Part of this might be due to how much media push the FO has been putting out. From DMC being on Grantland to Jimmy Kimmel, to Vivek hyping up his NBA 3.0 vision, to the signing of Sim Bullar making him the default NBA ambassador to India, the Kings have become more relevant as a franchise than they have in the last decade.

Some of the other accomplishments of this past summer:
1) Summer league championship lead by our sophomores and some recently signed talent.
2) A pretty significant shift in the makeup of the team by trading Isaiah. (Most opinion is torn about this, but I'm one who agrees that as good of a player he is individually, his style doesn't fit a "team" concept which I believe the FO is trying to cultivate.)
3) Boogie fulfills his dream of playing for Team USA.
4) Rudy joins Team USA making it, not one, but TWO Kings players to represent the USA in the World Cup.
5) Demolition/construction begins on the new Arena
6) Fill in your subject of choice.

Taking it all in, it just seems like there's been a lot of activity with the organization and it's hard not to look at this list and be enthusiastic about the direction this team is going.

Your thoughts? Any accomplishments (or failures) that you think need to be mentioned?
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Re: Kings 2014 Offseason Assessment 

Post#2 » by Wolfay » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:11 am

Awesome post, and don't forget they're working with Warren Smith and the Sacramento Republic FC to bring MLS to town! A LOT goes into making a successful franchise, and the roster is just one part of it.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Re: Kings 2014 Offseason Assessment 

Post#3 » by blind prophet » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:40 am

I'm intrigued.

Stauskas can do a lot with the ball, can shoot the 3, runs an excellent pick and roll shoot/drive.

No IT means more facilitation and plays called, I'm not sold on Collison at all, but I want to see what we can do with more motion offense rather than individual play.

I think our chips we wanted to move are much harder than the FO anticipated, I think they've done everything they could do to give Rudy a chance to resign.

Team USA with or duo is nice to see.

We added no catastrophic salary either, but did over pay for Collison.

I'm not convinced other moves may be made.

I range it from poor to disappointing so far, but intriguing. Hopefully we can get rid of even more salary by the deadline and clear the books of either Carl or JT.

Return to Sacramento Kings