Terry traded to Houston

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Re: Terry traded to Houston 

Post#21 » by blind prophet » Mon Sep 1, 2014 7:55 pm

zhp wrote:
blind prophet wrote:This is huge, we can look much more realistically to add salary now in a future trade.

Very very happy.

blind prophet wrote:
Now with our wallets a little relieved who knows. Maybe Detroit takes Thompson straight up for Smith for example.
We have negotiation room now.

I'm excited.
Correct me if Im wrong. Aren't we still over the salary cap even with Terry's $5mil of the book? Therefore we can't take significant $$$ back from any trade. So Thompson for Smith straight up wouldnt work.

You could be correct I'm not certain actually, maybe I should have researched it more.

Here is what is visible.

Smith $14,000,000
minus Terry $5,450,000

8.55 million.

Thompson $6,037,500
Landry $6,750,000

So we may have to look at a trade exception?

But we just waived Ellington it looks like I wonder if he is being stretched?
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#22 » by blind prophet » Mon Sep 1, 2014 8:20 pm

http://kingsfans.com/threads/wayne-no-more.57770/

Guaranteed:
Gay*: 19.3m
Cousins: 14.7m
Landry: 6.5m
Williams*: 6.3m
Thompson: 6.0m
Collison: 4.8m
McLemore: 3.0m
Stauskas: 2.7m
Evans*: 1.8m
Ellington: 0.9m
McCallum*: 0.8m

*expiring or team option for 2015
----------------------------

Total: 66.8m
3.8m above the Salary Cap (63m)
10m below the Luxury Tax line (76.8m)
14m below the Tax Apron (80.8m) which is our hard cap for 2014/2015.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#23 » by OGSactownballer » Mon Sep 1, 2014 10:25 pm

That's about where I figure we are after the Ellington waive/stretch.

Now honestly if we are talking about shelling out big money at the pg spot, Rondo can go eff himself with that kind of attitude. I'd far rather try to swing something with PHX for. Bledsoe as I feel he is not only a better risk being you get but also can play both positions in the backcourt.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#24 » by blind prophet » Mon Sep 1, 2014 10:49 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:That's about where I figure we are after the Ellington waive/stretch.

Now honestly if we are talking about shelling out big money at the pg spot, Rondo can go eff himself with that kind of attitude. I'd far rather try to swing something with PHX for. Bledsoe as I feel he is not only a better risk being you get but also can play both positions in the backcourt.

Yeah, we should really press Phoenix with this, that's a good idea IMO.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#25 » by slicedbread2 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 11:24 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:That's about where I figure we are after the Ellington waive/stretch.

Bledsoe can be a better risk than Rondo for sure, but I think that when the Suns are refusing to raise their reasonable offer of 4/48 for him(sure they got a cheap owner I'll give you that), there's something wrong. I don't know why he wouldn't take that deal as he'd be set for life. I think he's too much of an injury risk to give that long of a deal. Sure he has talent, but he can easily turn into an albatross if he ends up being frequently injured.

He's got Stoudemire written all over him IMO.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#26 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:16 am

blind prophet wrote:

Just like with Rondo the problem with Bledsoe is Bledsoe. The dudes agent is totally delusional about his value. Hey agent, if ANY team under the cap thought your guy was worth the max they would have offered it because they knew very well that the Suns wouldn't match. The Kings need to look at fixing the more major issues with this team. If Collison is a bust then start thinking about an upgrade but after using the MLE again they can't afford to wrap up 20 million a year in a PG and his backup, just stupid.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#27 » by ICMTM » Tue Sep 2, 2014 2:31 pm

Jason Terry wasn't going to play here. This move was pending another taker for the Jet. I'm even almost sure the Kings called him and said stay home and stay in shape. When the team says "he's at home rehabbing his injury and won't play for the rest of the season" that's BS.

With that being said great deal!
KANGZZZZZ!
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#28 » by blind prophet » Tue Sep 2, 2014 2:39 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Just like with Rondo the problem with Bledsoe is Bledsoe. The dudes agent is totally delusional about his value. Hey agent, if ANY team under the cap thought your guy was worth the max they would have offered it because they knew very well that the Suns wouldn't match. The Kings need to look at fixing the more major issues with this team. If Collison is a bust then start thinking about an upgrade but after using the MLE again they can't afford to wrap up 20 million a year in a PG and his backup, just stupid.

It's 16.8 for Bledsoe on the first year not 20 with Collison. And if you don't think he's worth 12 million that's fine, but we are spending about 5.6 million at the point with Collison and Ray next season. Where else are you gonna spend the money?

You've got 2 younger players to develop at sg, 19 million for Rudy at the SF, Jarl Thompandry at 4, and Cousins at the 5.

The only position to invest in is the pg unless you can offload some salary at another position.

But I would have not went after Collison in the first place.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#29 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Sep 2, 2014 11:58 pm

12 million a year is close and still probably overpaid at that but his agent scoffed at that deal so right now they are talking Cuz level money. Sorry, no thanks. The only :censored: would be is I'm pretty sure Cuz would push hard for him so if I were the GM I might have to consider it.

[edit-ICMTM] We can express ourselves with better language folks!
supertruck97
Veteran
And1: 223

Post#30 » by supertruck97 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Hmmm, ESPN seems to think the Kings are the one's getting the picks:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11543761/houston-rockets-acquire-jason-terry-sacramento-kings

The Houston Rockets have acquired guard Jason Terry from the Sacramento Kings for two second-round draft picks and guard/forward Alonzo Gee.

The Kings also received guard Scotty Hopson and a trade exception from Houston in the deal announced Wednesday.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#31 » by dozencousins » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:34 pm

We the Kings gain a 5.85 million trade exception . So yes soon enough expect this exception to be traded in a deal . Likely to Detroit but possibly to Boston .
I know we are talking with other teams as well . I expect another deal very soon now that this one has been finalized .
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#32 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:37 pm

OK, still waiting.... what's next?

Not sure how the Kings get a trade exception out of this. I guess the Rox were under the cap still?
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#33 » by Wolfay » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:45 pm

From Aykis16 of Sactown Royalty:

So it appears that the Kings must have used the $3.6 million trade exception from the Isaiah Thomas trade (it was not $7.2 million as was first thought although I'm still confused as to why) to get Alonzo Gee and Scotty Hopson and then traded Terry to Houston for a bigger, $5.85 million exception. That's some more value the Kings received in the deal.

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2014/9/17 ... tty-hopson
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#34 » by Andrew McCeltic » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:03 pm

C's fan here- I think the non-guaranteed contracts are a good help to you in a Josh Smith trade- you can package them with Thompson and allow Detroit to take back less salary overall. A trade exception can only be used on its own, so you can't add the exception to Thompson or Landry's salary and take back 11+ million. But you can trade the exception for a player making 5.85 million or less. You can also chop up the exception, like maybe you trade for Rondo and then take on Joel Anthony's contract (3.8 million) for that much of the TE, leaving a 2 million dollar exception...

What's dozencousins' background? I'm eager to see more player movement as preseason approaches...
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,535

Post#35 » by codydaze » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:16 pm

A friend of mine talked to Malone personally and he said talks for Rondo are dead. Rondo told them straight up he wouldn't sign here so we're looking elsewhere in deals. Malone was super straightforward in the conversation and added they do not like Mclemore at all so it's very possible he could be included in a deal. Nothing was said about Josh Smith but I just have a feeling that he will be in a Kings uniform by opening night.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#36 » by dozencousins » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:32 pm

andy582 wrote:C's fan here- I think the non-guaranteed contracts are a good help to you in a Josh Smith trade- you can package them with Thompson and allow Detroit to take back less salary overall. A trade exception can only be used on its own, so you can't add the exception to Thompson or Landry's salary and take back 11+ million. But you can trade the exception for a player making 5.85 million or less. You can also chop up the exception, like maybe you trade for Rondo and then take on Joel Anthony's contract (3.8 million) for that much of the TE, leaving a 2 million dollar exception...

What's dozencousins' background? I'm eager to see more player movement as preseason approaches...

Nobody on this board needs to answer any ?'s about my background .

Why are you asking in the first place ? I am not trying to be rude however I have to wonder why you would ask everyone about me directly ?
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#37 » by dozencousins » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:33 pm

andy582 wrote:C's fan here- I think the non-guaranteed contracts are a good help to you in a Josh Smith trade- you can package them with Thompson and allow Detroit to take back less salary overall. A trade exception can only be used on its own, so you can't add the exception to Thompson or Landry's salary and take back 11+ million. But you can trade the exception for a player making 5.85 million or less. You can also chop up the exception, like maybe you trade for Rondo and then take on Joel Anthony's contract (3.8 million) for that much of the TE, leaving a 2 million dollar exception...

Why are you asking in the first place ? I am not trying to be rude however I have to wonder why you would ask everyone about me directly ?

Sorry Mods I didn't mean to respond twice with the same message .
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#38 » by Andrew McCeltic » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:54 pm

dozencousins wrote:

Sorry, you're right, I could've asked you but I figured you're one poster and others were more likely to see my question first. I was asking because the way you worded your posts, it sounded like you might have inside information ("expect this", "I know we are talking with other teams") and I wanted to know what connections you had. I wasn't asking about you as a person, just about your background as a source on moves. Maybe not the perfect choice of words, but no harm meant.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#39 » by dozencousins » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:02 am

andy582 wrote:
dozencousins wrote:

Sorry, you're right, I could've asked you but I figured you're one poster and others were more likely to see my question first. I was asking because the way you worded your posts, it sounded like you might have inside information ("expect this", "I know we are talking with other teams") and I wanted to know what connections you had. I wasn't asking about you as a person, just about your background as a source on moves. Maybe not the perfect choice of words, but no harm meant.

No worries ,

I do have inside info as I do have a source within the organization which I wont disclose as with me releasing that info my source would no longer be a source as trust would be lost . As long as that persons identity is safe I am likely to keep the source . As with all rumors over 99% of rumors never amount to anything so their is never a guarantee to anything . In most cases if I mention a rumor it wont pan out because again rumors fly like crazy out there & some have no truth as we all know rumor wise & others are legit & pan out . I only report what I know . Sometimes a trade etc. will happen so fast or my source couldn't reach me etc & something may happen before I get a chance to post here .

I don't post a ton here as I do a lot of other things that keep me very busy so time is limited .
This will likely be my last post tonight but that said . No trade is guaranteed but we are moving into deep talks were it looks as if a deal soon will happen . Most notable players being talked about as most can imagine are our trade exception , D. Williams , J.T. & though I want him to stay Benny Mac . Landry is possible but less likely due to teams not getting to see much of him since his injury last year .

I will report anything I know if I have time to report it before it actually happens . We are talking to Detroit , Boston , Indy , Bucks & Denver as far as I know & keep in mind some of the teams are to do with possible 3 way deals .

Kings 4 Life ......
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#40 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:06 am

Thanks, interesting.. Have no idea who you guys would want from Milwaukee.. Brandon Knight?

Return to Sacramento Kings