ImageImageImageImageImage

The Myth of Jason Thompson - is there a perfect Boogie's PF?

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: The Myth of Jason Thompson - is there a perfect Boogie's 

Post#21 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:20 pm

SactoKingsFan wrote:JT obviously has minimal trade value, so we're probably stuck with him until he's an expiring contract. I just hope Moreland works out and takes a big chunk of JT's minutes. I'm tired of his complaining and mediocre play.

Moreland has some potential, but he is a year away from being a year away. He seriously needs to put on some weight as well.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#22 » by SactoKingsFan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:23 am

Monroe's just not that good and hasn't developed much over the last two seasons. Whatever team gives him a max or near max contract will end up regretting it.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#23 » by SactoKingsFan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:31 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
SactoKingsFan wrote:JT obviously has minimal trade value, so we're probably stuck with him until he's an expiring contract. I just hope Moreland works out and takes a big chunk of JT's minutes. I'm tired of his complaining and mediocre play.

Moreland has some potential, but he is a year away from being a year away. He seriously needs to put on some weight as well.

Moreland clearly isn't ready to start or even be the #2 PF. I just want him to show some progress during the season and at some point (maybe mid-season) take 10-12 MPG from JT.
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#24 » by Darren_Errman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Makes me cringe when i see people suggest we play Cousins at 4.

Please no. It will be a massive failure.

Cousin is a C.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#25 » by Kings2013 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:06 pm

Darren_Errman wrote:Makes me cringe when i see people suggest we play Cousins at 4.

Please no. It will be a massive failure.

Cousin is a C.

100% agree. If he is coming into his own as one of the best players at a position, to me it's the definition of not fixing something that ain't broke. Additionally I don't think he's athletic enough, in transition, in the half court to check that position full time
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#26 » by PerkinsFor3 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:27 am

I dont know if anyone watched that Mil-NYK game last night? The Bucks had some injuries and they gave Michael Eric (along with Mayo and Wolters) some extended run. It resulted in a incredible run with really nice basketball, good ball movement and great defense (that last one tends to happen when you take Henson out of a game).

Basically the Bucks have 15 guys under contract and they won't be able to bring back Michael Eric, a 26 year old rookie from Temple University, who has spend the last two seasons in the D-League.

I know there's a whole lot of PF's on the roster already (Landry, Thompson, Evans), but if I could pick a nice PF with very good defense which could play (should play) next to Cousins, Michael Eric would be my pick. You could probably sign him for free.

Are all 15 spots on your roster already guaranteed? Eric would be a perfect stop-gap untill Moreland is ready to step up in 2 seasons (or when you use your draft pick to address a need next year);).

6-11, 240 lbs.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uYnwuSBzPc[/youtube]

Also:

http://watch.nba.com/nba/video/teams/si ... ov-2118934
http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/feature/gr ... 21025.html
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#27 » by youngthegiant » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:08 pm

Get a shot blocking Center, Move Boogie to pf. Problem solved.

Return to Sacramento Kings