ImageImageImageImageImage

whats missing

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Re: whats missing 

Post#41 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:51 am

Kings2013 wrote:I share your skepticism on Stauskas physical abilities in terms of being an above average starter at any point, and he has been bad and disappointing so far.

Frye had something to say about the city of Sacramento, but that was many years ago now.. Not saying I have an opinion on the trade either way, although I don't like Frye personally. Personally I wouldn't mess too much with something that isn't broken yet

Agreed. Which is why I prefaced my comments by saying Frye may not be worth it. I never knew that about him having words with the city so that might be another check in the negative column.

I don't want to say our offense is broken but its pretty clear where our weakness lies. We've already taken a huge step in the right direction and I hope we keep building on this nice run were having but at some point we will need to address the fact that not a single forward on the team is a three-point shooter by nature. If we find that right piece to fit in whether it be Millsap, Frye, etc. I think the sky would be the limit at that point.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#42 » by enderwilson » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:28 am

Going into the pre-season, the early reports was that JT was developing his 3 pt shot. What happened to that? We haven't seen that in his game at all, but if he's able to take that shot with any consistency (>30%) then that would get our opponents to second guess their strategy on us.

As for Stauskas' D. He's never going to be able to defend one-on-one at the NBA level. But in the NBA, with the kind of offensive talent and athleticism that is in the league, most players are not able to defend their opponents one on one anyway. Who comes to mind recently that excelled in this area? MettaWorldPeace? Bruce Bowen? To defend at an NBA level you need to have a team mindset. The Grizzlies are tops because they know how to play D as a team. Nik's development in this area will largely depend on his IQ, hard work, and the awareness of his teammates to have his back.

I actually think that the strategy to go after Nik can be used against opposing teams. Bait players into "going at him" and get them into a bad position where they have to cough up the ball under pressure of the double team and help defense. I'm not crafty enough to design such plays, but I have seen my share egotistical ball handlers get into numerous tough spots because of their impulse to show up their opponent.
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#43 » by teerfour+40LG » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:29 pm

J.R. Smith is missing.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#44 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:06 pm

enderwilson wrote:Going into the pre-season, the early reports was that JT was developing his 3 pt shot. What happened to that? We haven't seen that in his game at all, but if he's able to take that shot with any consistency (>30%) then that would get our opponents to second guess their strategy on us.

As for Stauskas' D. He's never going to be able to defend one-on-one at the NBA level. But in the NBA, with the kind of offensive talent and athleticism that is in the league, most players are not able to defend their opponents one on one anyway. Who comes to mind recently that excelled in this area? MettaWorldPeace? Bruce Bowen? To defend at an NBA level you need to have a team mindset. The Grizzlies are tops because they know how to play D as a team. Nik's development in this area will largely depend on his IQ, hard work, and the awareness of his teammates to have his back.

I actually think that the strategy to go after Nik can be used against opposing teams. Bait players into "going at him" and get them into a bad position where they have to cough up the ball under pressure of the double team and help defense. I'm not crafty enough to design such plays, but I have seen my share egotistical ball handlers get into numerous tough spots because of their impulse to show up their opponent.

Old habits die hard, he's still right there in the paint bringing every defender inside with him to challenge Cuz. :lol: Seriously though, he sure does make it hard for Cousins sometimes. I myself think Cousins getting a decent look at the rim trumps the offensive board. There have been times where he's turned down open jumpers too. He can be a really good stretch big if he just got his confidence up and a rhythm going.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#45 » by City of Trees » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:35 pm

Today's game thread.

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Sacramento Kings