"It's not about wins and losses, it's about style of play"

WTF!

Sent from my LG G2
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: Coach Malone has been fired 

Post#122 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:41 pm

AnDrOiDKing4 wrote:I will say that Pete is right about the Cousins extension and the Rudy trade, news media mocked us to no end.

Hey, Pete has had his moments, and I guess at least now this team will head in one direction rather than looking like a dish cooked by 15 different chefs who all use different ingredients.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#123 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:41 pm

SactoKingsFan wrote:"It's not about wins and losses, it's about style of play"

WTF!

Sent from my LG G2

Now I have to admit, that was a eyebrow raiser.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#124 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:52 pm

Jeff Green can play the 3 and 4 if you guys want to give up JT/BMac.  Or Cousins.

Then again, Mark Cuban seemed like a kook when he took over in Dallas. This could work out. I just know from the Paul Gaston days in Boston and the Pitino/Wallace management that too much pressure from ownership can really screw things up.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#125 » by City of Trees » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:28 am

andy582 wrote:Jeff Green can play the 3 and 4 if you guys want to give up JT/BMac.  Or Cousins.

Then again, Mark Cuban seemed like a kook when he took over in Dallas. This could work out. I just know from the Paul Gaston days in Boston and the Pitino/Wallace management that too much pressure from ownership can really screw things up.
sure we will give you Cousins or McLemore for Jeff Green. :roll::roll::roll:

I swear man.... :shock:

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
M4P
Analyst
And1: 1,640

Post#126 » by M4P » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:15 am

andy582 wrote:Jeff Green can play the 3 and 4 if you guys want to give up JT/BMac.  Or Cousins.

Not even a Kings' fan but... seriously...
HoopsMalone wrote:Shaq would still have value... But to think he'd be anywhere near as dominant as he was in the post era is just ridiculous

jahlil okafor has some of the best post moves in the last 30 years and the dude can't even get on the floor
YC42Balla
Rookie
And1: 62

Post#127 » by YC42Balla » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:28 am

City of Trees wrote:

sure we will give you Cousins or McLemore for Jeff Green. :roll::roll::roll:

I swear man.... :shock:

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app

Now, guys...hear him out.
SAC-RA-MEN-TO #HEREWESTAYED
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#128 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:13 am

I was joking, give me some credit.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,836

Post#129 » by Joao Saraiva » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:17 am

RIP Sacramento. So you fire a coach that without Cousins is winning almost 50% of his games, and then hire Corbin? :lol: Good luck with that! With Corbin as your coach you might end up closer to Utah than I ever expected! (sarcasm, you obviously have a much more talented roster)
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#130 » by jeffjtk1234 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:20 am

Well cousins is not happy. His recent Instagram post says a lot
HolyToledo12
Rookie
And1: 154

Post#131 » by HolyToledo12 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:51 am

Jazz fan here. Corbin a good assistant but the worst head coach I have ever seen in the NBA. Defers big time to veterans. Prefers team unity over playing the most talented players...ie Richard Jefferson tons of minutes for no reason last year. His yells at his players to push the ball then he will get Collison's attention at half court and slow him down and call a play. Happens a lot!

Corbin is a good man and I wish him and the Kings well as I use to live in Sac and go to their games. George Karl will be a very good fit for you guys!
Play with the Pass, Play with a Purpose, and Play with Pace along with Obvious Unselfishness....Coach Snyder says the sky is purple than Jazz players say nice purple sky! LONG LIVE THE MAD SCIENTIST!!!!
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#132 » by enderwilson » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:06 am

TWO4Life wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:Playing Sessions and letting him hurt this team was on Malone (at least I hope it was, haha), from those behind the scenes videos and from hearing Vivek talk Stauskas was a Malone pick. Vivek said Malone was yapping about Stauskas a year before the draft. Not that Stauskas won't be a good player of course, but clearly, that situation is working out like had been previously expected by any moron with at least half a brain. Then again, positionless basketball here we come!

Actually no, from the videos it seems like Stauskas was a clear Vivek pick and Pete was just going along with what he wanted.

But Malone has been quoted numerous times (just google Stuaskas and Malone) as being excited about picking Nik in the draft.

On a side note, and this is just an observation I find amusing and not a diss, you can really tell a Raptors fan when they have more And 1's than actual posts.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#133 » by Wolfay » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:15 am

Michael Malone opposed extensions for DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay-

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2014/12/1 ... s-rudy-gay

That's quite a shocker, but if true, it makes his firing a but easier to swallow. It could be mudslinging, although I don't see anything to stop Malone from refuting this, and the mudslinging is more of a Seattle tactic than one employed by Vivek.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#134 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:56 am

No way, I can't believe that, not with the way he relied on those two unless he was secretly hoping for them to fail. If it's true then the skunk was him all along.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#135 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:14 am

I don't think it's very far fetched. Cousins had a bad rep when Malone was hired, so he probably wanted to wait to see how he would respond to Malone's coaching style before signing him to an extension, the same with Gay.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#136 » by KF10 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:47 am

Wolfay wrote:Michael Malone opposed extensions for DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay-

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2014/12/1 ... s-rudy-gay

That's quite a shocker, but if true, it makes his firing a but easier to swallow. It could be mudslinging, although I don't see anything to stop Malone from refuting this, and the mudslinging is more of a Seattle tactic than one employed by Vivek.

opposed =/= reluctant
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#137 » by LamarMatic7 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:36 am

I've read articles from all over the place, Zach Lowe, Woj, Sam Amick, Kelly Dwyer, etc.

A lot of hilarious stuff in those columns (I was surprised that Woj's article stated that "Some semblance of that strategy is expected to be employed with Corbin now, a source told Yahoo Sports," when talking about Vivek's 4-on-5 idea. I gathered from the talk on twitter, with Zach Lowe being among the ones who's involved, that this won't happen at all.) but I do find myself having one serious question for you guys:

Are D'Alessandro and Mullin simply clueless, are they "yes men" or they simply just want to hold on to their jobs (and possibly privately think that Vivek is indeed over-stepping his boundaries while not knowing what the hell he is doing)?

What do you think?
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#138 » by Jkam31 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:09 pm

You know you have a bad FO when they say they fired a coach not because production but style of play.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#139 » by Flight33 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:13 pm

I feel it for you Kings fans. Great team, you guys have the best center in the NBA, but you have a meddling owner who is absolutely clueless when it comes to basketball.
TWO4Life
Sophomore
And1: 239

Post#140 » by TWO4Life » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:55 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
TWO4Life wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Actually no, from the videos it seems like Stauskas was a clear Vivek pick and Pete was just going along with what he wanted.

In the draft videos there was a part where Malone and D'allesandro were in Malones office well before the draft and Malone was totally hyping Stauskas. Vivek even came out and said Malone was talking his ear off about Stauskas in the previous year of that draft.

I'm sorry about that, I was wrong! I remember watching those videos and coming away with the thought that it was Vivek's pick based on how strong he was about it in the draft room. I didn't remember the part with Malone. Forgiveness please!

Return to Sacramento Kings