Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Re: Coach Malone has been fired 

Post#161 » by Kings2013 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:26 am

City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Also, one can easily connect the dots with Mullin here.

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app

I honestly think Mullin is too smart for that. He has a nice kush job sitting courtside with the boss. He'd be a fool to risk that.
I hear that and if that's the case then logically I couldn't argue.... but look at this from a different lens for a sec....

1. Mullin shares the same ideology
2. Reports say Mullin declined a mid season take over. That mid season part is important. Mullin didn't just simply say no thanks.
3. Mullin now plans to have a larger presence in practices and in games.
4. Vivek's choice is Mullin
5. No other coaches have been contacted about the job- allegedly
6. Karl has spoken publicly that he wants to coach the Kings. Kings haven't even contacted him. The writing there is on the wall.

Mullin may very well not coach the Kings however there are multiple signs that point to it happening..... but who knows.

As for 6, how would the media know if the kings contacted him? They probably wouldn't want that public
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#162 » by Wolfay » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:27 am

Clemenza wrote:
Wolfay wrote:My theory is the national media is still butthurt the team didn't go to Seattle, so they'll bash Vivek until he falls over dead, or Sacramento is nuked into oblivion. Persecution complex? Maybe, but we all know how the narrative went right up until the final vote. How dare this man stop the glorious return of the Sonics!

So you approved of Malone being fired? This was a good move to you??

What? Where did I say that???

All I'm saying is that this bashing of Vivek has been getting out of hand, especially when there's several reports saying that this wasn't even a Vivek move.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#163 » by City of Trees » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:29 am

Kings2013 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

I honestly think Mullin is too smart for that. He has a nice kush job sitting courtside with the boss. He'd be a fool to risk that.
I hear that and if that's the case then logically I couldn't argue.... but look at this from a different lens for a sec....

1. Mullin shares the same ideology
2. Reports say Mullin declined a mid season take over. That mid season part is important. Mullin didn't just simply say no thanks.
3. Mullin now plans to have a larger presence in practices and in games.
4. Vivek's choice is Mullin
5. No other coaches have been contacted about the job- allegedly
6. Karl has spoken publicly that he wants to coach the Kings. Kings haven't even contacted him. The writing there is on the wall.

Mullin may very well not coach the Kings however there are multiple signs that point to it happening..... but who knows.

As for 6, how would the media know if the kings contacted him? They probably wouldn't want that public
true... but I'd say 70% of the time word spreads

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#164 » by Clemenza » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Wolfay wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
Wolfay wrote:My theory is the national media is still butthurt the team didn't go to Seattle, so they'll bash Vivek until he falls over dead, or Sacramento is nuked into oblivion. Persecution complex? Maybe, but we all know how the narrative went right up until the final vote. How dare this man stop the glorious return of the Sonics!

So you approved of Malone being fired? This was a good move to you??

All I'm saying is that this bashing of Vivek has been getting out of hand, especially when there's several reports saying that this wasn't even a Vivek move.

Well if it wasn't Vivek's move then why would he sign off to something like this? I'm a Clipps fan and I live in LA and I was pissed that we let Collison go. On top of that the Kings are on of the teams I enjoyed watching on league pass. New owner, Big Cuz playing like an all star, good young coach, new arena on the way, etc... and I'm on a few other message boards as well and nobody is thinking about the f*cking SuperSonics. Seattle didn't support that team anyways when they were there. Everybody is thinking did you guys just pull the plug and put a gun to your heads and pulled the trigger. You fire Malone with no replacement in sight and let Ty Corbin run the team :crazy: That's what the consensuses is thinking not the sonics
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#165 » by City of Trees » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Clemenza wrote: I'm on a few other message boards as well and nobody is thinking about the f*cking SuperSonics.
Wow. I'm pretty sure Wolfay said the national media was butthurt, not team forums on Realgm.

Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#166 » by Kings2013 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:33 pm

Clemenza wrote:
Wolfay wrote:
Clemenza wrote:So you approved of Malone being fired? This was a good move to you??

Well if it wasn't Vivek's move then why would he sign off to something like this? I'm a Clipps fan and I live in LA and I was pissed that we let Collison go. On top of that the Kings are on of the teams I enjoyed watching on league pass. New owner, Big Cuz playing like an all star, good young coach, new arena on the way, etc... and I'm on a few other message boards as well and nobody is thinking about the f*cking SuperSonics. Seattle didn't support that team anyways when they were there. Everybody is thinking did you guys just pull the plug and put a gun to your heads and pulled the trigger. You fire Malone with no replacement in sight and let Ty Corbin run the team :crazy: That's what the consensuses is thinking not the sonics

What if someone like Karl is hired and he is better for the team? Why do you just assume management has no plan?
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#167 » by bleeds_purple » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Kings2013 wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
Wolfay wrote:

What if someone like Karl is hired and he is better for the team? Why do you just assume management has no plan?

The timing of the firing is indicative of management having no plan.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#168 » by Kings2013 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:16 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Well if it wasn't Vivek's move then why would he sign off to something like this? I'm a Clipps fan and I live in LA and I was pissed that we let Collison go. On top of that the Kings are on of the teams I enjoyed watching on league pass. New owner, Big Cuz playing like an all star, good young coach, new arena on the way, etc... and I'm on a few other message boards as well and nobody is thinking about the f*cking SuperSonics. Seattle didn't support that team anyways when they were there. Everybody is thinking did you guys just pull the plug and put a gun to your heads and pulled the trigger. You fire Malone with no replacement in sight and let Ty Corbin run the team :crazy: That's what the consensuses is thinking not the sonics

The timing of the firing is indicative of management having no plan.

I personally believe Karl will be hired in a couple weeks. Just everything I read, the Sirius comments. As I said, I think management might view him as superior for our development. I believe they are going to give it a few weeks to make it look from a PR standpoint that this wasn't done behind Malone's back and to let Karl prepare for the job. I believe from a PR perspective it would have been less easy to fire him prior, as the Kings played decently down the stretch of last season and it would look bad to fire your coach after one season. I think they formulated a plan to get rid of him after what looked to be a tough start this year, though we came out better so it looks worse

That is my personal theory on this although it might be incorrect. If Corbin is still here, or someone of Karl's caliber isn't the replacement than I might unfortunately agree
HUBlackstar83
Junior
And1: 16

Post#169 » by HUBlackstar83 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Karl will be brought in IMO. No one is sold on the Corbin experiment. Otherwise you would have just stuck with Malone. I can't wait till this is solved and we can just move forward. This is not what KINGS fan need to deal with right now.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#170 » by enderwilson » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:16 pm

Clemenza wrote:
Wolfay wrote:
Clemenza wrote:So you approved of Malone being fired? This was a good move to you??

My guess is that you're one of those people who need a special sarcasm font because you have a hard time reading the sarcasm in other people's posts.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#171 » by SmellingColors » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:00 am

I really hope it's Karl that they bring in and don't wait out the whole season with Corbin just to hire Mullin at the end of it.

Return to Sacramento Kings