ImageImageImageImageImage

Collison done for year?

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

McBobforPrez
Ballboy
And1: 0

Collison done for year? 

Post#1 » by McBobforPrez » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:19 am

Hi, I just saw a report on rotowire that Collison might be done for the season. Was just wondering if anybody else had heard this as well or could confirm? Seems kind of out of left field since initially he was expected to be ready to go after the all star break. Thanks
OscarH
Sophomore
And1: 31

Re: Collison done for year? 

Post#2 » by OscarH » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:16 am

Sounds like its possible he won't play again https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/stat ... 0272056320

Shame not to see Darren in Karl systems. At least will blood Ray more and makes Andre pickup even better.

Wonder if this helps force Karl to play Nik?
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#3 » by Kings2013 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:35 pm

I'm an ardent supporter of DC. This might be helpful to Rays development though, to have a stretch starting under Karl. Ray has been developing over the last few games.

As for Nik, I personally support Karl's philosophy of not playing kids rotational minutes while they still straight up can't play as there are members of the organization who want to win, regardless if we're pretty much out of the playoffs. A lot of teams don't play their younger players who currently can't contribute. Nik can still develop in practice, in the nbdl, watching up close, and hopefully he will be ready to contribute in the future
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#4 » by enderwilson » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:52 pm

It will be interesting to see if the Miller/McCallum backcourt will be better for us than the Collison/Sessions backcourt. Ultimately I would rather have Collison around, but Sessions was the "eraser". His minutes tended to erase any of the great contributions Darren provided.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#5 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:11 pm

This is Ray's time to make the squad for next season. If he falls flat he's probably gone.

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
SacKingsPejaFan
Sixth Man
And1: 114

Post#6 » by SacKingsPejaFan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:02 pm

I'm really disappointed Collison doesn't get the time to learn Karl's system through trial and error as opposed to observation. I wanted a preview of how good this roster could be under Karl before trade season starts up again.

And I don't know how much to believe the latest Wiretap headline, but it says Karl wants the Kings to trade for Lawson this offseason. So not only is Collison not getting to learn the system, he may be on the chopping block, something that I think could be prevented if he had the chance to prove himself to Karl and bond with him.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#7 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:37 am

Yeah, I wonder how much this might effect the whole Lawson thing. I was hoping DC would have a chance to put these guys in their place and convince them not to fix what ain't broken.

For the moment I'm going to believe the Lawson stuff is garbage that Denver is putting out there to get teams interested and get a higher sale price for Lawson.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Post#8 » by blind prophet » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:51 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:Yeah, I wonder how much this might effect the whole Lawson thing. I was hoping DC would have a chance to put these guys in their place and convince them not to fix what ain't broken.

For the moment I'm going to believe the Lawson stuff is garbage that Denver is putting out there to get teams interested and get a higher sale price for Lawson.

I've been working scenarios on the trade forum, as well as Kings fans.

I think this is just a very small exploratory comment, or even bogus.

But a few things for certain.

Landry would have to go out.

Collison + Landry salary about equal Lawson.

Our pick is not enough incentive, top 3 would be insane for us to do.

Fine tuning it seems difficult from there.
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#9 » by teerfour+40LG » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:35 pm

Really unfortunate, but probably a blessing in disguise because this will help us keep our pick.

Return to Sacramento Kings