And1: 5,462

Kings to sign David Stockton to Multi-year Deal per ESPN 

Post#1 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:17 pm

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,243

Re: Kings to sign David Stockton to Multi-year Deal per ESPN 

Post#2 » by blind prophet » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Guess this is sort of a want to be second round pick for us for next season.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Bill Herenda reporting deal is for remaining 3 games and next season non guaranteed.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#4 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:04 pm

There has to be a reason teams are doing this left and right. A lot of D-league guys are getting guaranteed deals lately. I'm guessing it's because teams are worried about other teams picking them up and this gives teams the option of hanging onto them. Now that teams are associated with D-league squads they probably see it as a waste of resources to develop these guys and let them walk to another team. I'm not sure if that's a good thing for the players in the D-league though.

Now, here's the novel idea of the week! When he gets here, LET HIM PLAY!!!! :x This is his second stint here and with this team playing for almost zilch right now it makes no sense not to play him. Guess this means Sim is gone or no? I wouldn't mind seeing Sim and Stockton get a ton of minutes, why the F not?
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#5 » by teerfour+40LG » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:34 pm

Possible McCallum replacement next year?
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#6 » by blind prophet » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:51 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:There has to be a reason teams are doing this left and right. A lot of D-league guys are getting guaranteed deals lately. I'm guessing it's because teams are worried about other teams picking them up and this gives teams the option of hanging onto them. Now that teams are associated with D-league squads they probably see it as a waste of resources to develop these guys and let them walk to another team. I'm not sure if that's a good thing for the players in the D-league though.

Now, here's the novel idea of the week! When he gets here, LET HIM PLAY!!!! :x This is his second stint here and with this team playing for almost zilch right now it makes no sense not to play him. Guess this means Sim is gone or no? I wouldn't mind seeing Sim and Stockton get a ton of minutes, why the F not?

I'm guessing someone slips in the shower or falls out of bed and becomes inactive.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: Re: Kings to sign David Stockton to Multi-year Deal per ESPN 

Post#7 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:52 pm

blind prophet wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:There has to be a reason teams are doing this left and right. A lot of D-league guys are getting guaranteed deals lately. I'm guessing it's because teams are worried about other teams picking them up and this gives teams the option of hanging onto them. Now that teams are associated with D-league squads they probably see it as a waste of resources to develop these guys and let them walk to another team. I'm not sure if that's a good thing for the players in the D-league though.

I'm guessing someone slips in the shower or falls out of bed and becomes inactive.
Sim got 16 seconds and 24 seconds. Is it crazy to think Stockton could eclipse the 1 min mark?
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#8 » by KF10 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:11 pm

Strange move.

I know he has been killing it in the dleague but this doesn't makes any sense if they are not going to play him.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#9 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:19 pm

These could be Miller's last 3 games of his career, highly doubt Karl forces him to sit so a D leaguer can get some reps. Doubt they sit McCallum too. Strange indeed.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#10 » by Kings2013 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:27 pm

I personally don't see Dre as going into next year the definitive back up pg. He is 39 and will be 39 and a half the start of camp. That's not to say Stockton will be either
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: 

Post#11 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:48 am

City of Trees wrote:These could be Miller's last 3 games of his career, highly doubt Karl forces him to sit so a D leaguer can get some reps. Doubt they sit McCallum too. Strange indeed.

I think Andre Miller said something along the lines of not planning on retiring anytime soon and he can obviously still play at a pretty high level. Maybe they already plan on bringing Andre back and there is no real reason to play him further.

I highly doubt this move has anything to do with any other players, or any other potential roster moves. This is a kid who was probably getting some teams sniffing around him and the Kings didn't want to lose him the same way they lost Quincy Miller. The way the D-league is transforming it's like the teams there are trying to build a real team. Whereas it used to be about development of individual talent, teams are starting to try and solidify themselves. I remember seeing an interview with the guy who runs it and while I think it hurts the prospects of players making into the NBA as a whole it sounded like they are trying to make it viable stand alone product. This move might have nothing more to do with it to make sure Stockton stays with the Bighorns.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#12 » by City of Trees » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:03 am

The NBA should change the rules allowing teams to develop players without risk of losing them. Create some sort of one year development contract that pays those players a higher salary and ties them to your team. Trades can be made if another team really likes a player and he's ready to move up but the team who owns his rights doesn't want to call him up.
blind prophet
RealGM

Re: Re: 

Post#13 » by blind prophet » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:20 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
City of Trees wrote:These could be Miller's last 3 games of his career, highly doubt Karl forces him to sit so a D leaguer can get some reps. Doubt they sit McCallum too. Strange indeed.

I think Andre Miller said something along the lines of not planning on retiring anytime soon and he can obviously still play at a pretty high level. Maybe they already plan on bringing Andre back and there is no real reason to play him further.

I highly doubt this move has anything to do with any other players, or any other potential roster moves. This is a kid who was probably getting some teams sniffing around him and the Kings didn't want to lose him the same way they lost Quincy Miller. The way the D-league is transforming it's like the teams there are trying to build a real team. Whereas it used to be about development of individual talent, teams are starting to try and solidify themselves. I remember seeing an interview with the guy who runs it and while I think it hurts the prospects of players making into the NBA as a whole it sounded like they are trying to make it viable stand alone product. This move might have nothing more to do with it to make sure Stockton stays with the Bighorns.

Yeah no reason to play Miller at all right now.

If he wants to come back at the minimum he will.

Miller is the only player with security to me at the pg, Collison and Ray could go anywhere in the off season.

Return to Sacramento Kings