Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

We're One of the Worst Franchises in Pro Sports 

Post#1 » by ICMTM » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Title says it.

I'm just saying we're bad! We're not able to draft well, and when we do draft talent we do not retain it. If we're bad next season we have little to no shot at retaining DeMarcus Cousins. We have a GM who was demoted? We have an owner that meddles. We're thin on talent and no clear direction to acquire anyone. We do have a nice coach and a nice hole in the ground/soon to be arena. We have nice fans. How does that translate into more wins?
KANGZZZZZ!
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Re: We're One of the Worst Franchises in Pro Sports 

Post#2 » by blind prophet » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:13 am

Before the Webber era we were mocked some too. Back in the 80's it was cow town, even Theus said we were not California. The place was packed, even had Bill Russel interested.

Our old owner Lukenbill was his own breed, we've always been sort of "wild" here compared to the others in California, nothing wrong with that, just more of the gold miner culture, and less flash.

Thomas was spend thrift and a little stubborn. We drafted poorly with Pervis, had some bad luck with Simmons, not much to say about Ricky Berry, Hurley got in the accident.

The Maloofs walked in as having been caught talking relocation to Anaheim "while still minority owners" before they even became the major owners. Their intent was to move the team from the start, but Thomas had a complicated loan from what I understand, and we were doing well so it took awhile.

We've had to deal with cheapskates, liars, manipulative brats that lost a fortune, and were skeleton crewing everything just enough to keep us bad, but not hurting long term investment as they looked to get out of town.

We are now in recovery from 15 years of deception. 5 or more years of that was absolute self sabotage.

What did you expect to happen?

I've been waiting what is it 30 years to even make it to the championship stolen by the refs and seeing our man go down the following season.

Relax a little. No one is going to hero all of this up in a day, nothing is worse right now than it was at the start of the season.

We've landed a decent draft spot, even if it drops to like 7. We've got one of if not the best big man in the league signed up for 3 years at fair value. We've got a pretty good complimentary piece in Rudy.

The Jarl Thompandry nightmare really only will be really tough for one more season too.

I believe we need to be patient for one more season, some think we need to move now. But there is no real authentic reason to think we are completely screwed.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:28 pm

No denying it the franchise as a whole sucks right now. I was trying to think of a creative way to defend the franchise but realized I was just being a homer. The team sucks, the owner 1. Does not relate well with the younger generation (Nik Rocks!) and 2. Isn't a basketball guy but makes basketball decisions. GM PDA sucks. The WiFi sucks. I hate purple. Oh and lastly their record over the last 3 seasons is 85-161. The more things change the more they stay the same....
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Re: 

Post#4 » by Kings2013 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:45 pm

City of Trees wrote:No denying it the franchise as a whole sucks right now. I was trying to think of a creative way to defend the franchise but realized I was just being a homer. The team sucks, the owner 1. Does not relate well with the younger generation (Nik Rocks!) and 2. Isn't a basketball guy but makes basketball decisions. GM PDA sucks. The WiFi sucks. I hate purple. Oh and lastly their record over the last 3 seasons is 85-161. The more things change the more they stay the same....

Yes it does, :lol: . Sitting in that lower bowl waiting half a quarter to bring up a page. That is priority #1!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#5 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:10 pm

My take on the bad WiFi is Vivek limiting negative social media updates on the game. Lol
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Kings2013 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:39 pm

The GM who was demoted thing doesn't make sense IMHO. I don't know for sure but if PDA was a party to firing Malone to possibly hire Mullin, as well as leaks to the media that may have hindered the relationship with Cousins, is he being held for financial reasons or because he was really good as an assistant in Denver?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#7 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Vivek's past decisions to keep "fired" personnel on board and his complete disregard to sticking with one organizational structure brings so much chaos.

A leach will stick around until you remove it, PDA is now a leach. Mullins was a leach.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#8 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:23 pm

The fact that the GM was demoted is a good thing. At least so far. :wink:
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#9 » by teerfour+40LG » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:21 pm

I dunno about worst, but we're pretty bad.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,420

Post#10 » by Revived » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:02 am

Yall ain't worse than us, take pride in that.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Kings2013 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:07 am

I don't know if I'm confident with Vlade having the final decision on personnel if that's the case, inexperienced personnel handling to boot if its him that will be calling the shots this summer
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#12 » by blind prophet » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:59 pm

Kings2013 wrote:I don't know if I'm confident with Vlade having the final decision on personnel if that's the case, inexperienced personnel handling to boot if its him that will be calling the shots this summer

If I has to guess Vivek will have a sort of "consensus" situation, where he makes the call with both inputs.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#13 » by Wolfay » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:43 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:The fact that the GM was demoted is a good thing. At least so far. :wink:

This is my take as well. Maybe it will turn out to be hasty, but it shows that Vivek isn't above making major changes. He's learning, and will continue to learn until we're world class, both off and on the court.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by ICMTM » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:40 pm

BUMP.

No really...I was a month or so early with this thread.
KANGZZZZZ!
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#15 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:49 pm

I have two words for everyone who is riding Vivek's ass right now:

Mark Cuban

Fans memories are so ridiculously short. No one seems to remember how idiotic Cuban seemed as a successful tech guy who was trying to be a blogosphere basketball junkie expert. It was a effing mess in Dallas until he had Don and Donnie Nelson take over and it STILL too a while to build to the championship.

We need to relax and have some more patience. Realize that 97% of this bull is likely being started by Laker people trying desperately to steal a franchise cornerstone before their can see roasts them alive for waiting too long to reload while catering to Kobe's arrogance two years after he is washed up and worn out.
SacSanity
Senior
And1: 89

Post#16 » by SacSanity » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:58 pm

I hope all these rumors are just BS. It is just depressing to only be in the major media due to negative spun stories. I also do not get how these rumors have been going on for around 2 days now and now a single public announcement has been made by a leader/member in the Kings organization... so frustrating.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by ICMTM » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:00 pm

This info on the latest and greatest has been reported 100% by media from Sacramento and Sam Amick. We're 100% dysfunctional.
KANGZZZZZ!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#18 » by City of Trees » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:39 pm

ICMTM wrote:This info on the latest and greatest has been reported 100% by media from Sacramento and Sam Amick. We're 100% dysfunctional.

Yep. I called for hiring Karl but it looks like that was wrong, but I'm just a fan. Vivek should have just cleaned house after the season and hired Vlade to rebuild the FO from scratch. I think that could still happen if they choose to axe Karl.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by ICMTM » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:15 pm

There's one headline that has me though: "Karl tried to trade Cousins but Ranadive wouldn't allow it?" Karl doesn't trade players.

I do think that the Kings are at a crossroads. Start from scratch or build through the draft. I guess this is one way of finding out his trade value? Kind of Jerry Jonesish...but...
KANGZZZZZ!
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#20 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:25 pm

ICMTM wrote:There's one headline that has me though: "Karl tried to trade Cousins but Ranadive wouldn't allow it?" Karl doesn't trade players.

I do think that the Kings are at a crossroads. Start from scratch or build through the draft. I guess this is one way of finding out his trade value? Kind of Jerry Jonesish...but...

I've been thinking about this for a long time, but I don't think the Kings have the ability to become a contender during the Cousins era. They've just messed up a bit too much most likely, and the West is too competitive. Cousins has what, 3 years left? That pretty much means they have 2 years to become a good enough franchise to convince Cousins to stay (since the last year they will have to deal him most likely). Considering that not only the Kings are bad, but they have mistreated Cousins (at least from his perspective), that is a lot of pressure to become good in a very short amount of time.

They probably should just trade Cousins, and just re-roll the dice and hope they land on something. I never thought it would come to this though, it takes a lot of balls to trade a top ten player when they have 3 years on their contract left.

I do think that they hurt their trade value a tad due to this leak. Cousins is still going for a premium, but they probably could have squeezed more if teams did not know that the franchise was this dysfunctional.

Return to Sacramento Kings