ImageImageImageImageImage

Can We Just Fire Karl Now And Be Done With it.

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: Can We Just Fire Karl Now And Be Done With it. 

Post#161 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:08 am

Kings2013 wrote:Just to recap how I feel the events went down as of now. I think this all started from Karl's untradeable comments. Cuz IMO is just not the type to handle that peacefully. So IMO it became if Karl is saying this stuff than trade me if I'm untradeable. It's why his agent put the impetus on Karl trying to drive him out of town. But the crux is I don't think Cuz' personality takes to power plays or feeling under appreciated publically and Karl had crossed that. Now how does this get back to stable?

How about some therapy for someone who can't handle his coach saying "no one is untradeable." That would be my suggestion if I believed your timeline and version of events but I don't think it went down like that either.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#162 » by Kings2013 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:01 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:Just to recap how I feel the events went down as of now. I think this all started from Karl's untradeable comments. Cuz IMO is just not the type to handle that peacefully. So IMO it became if Karl is saying this stuff than trade me if I'm untradeable. It's why his agent put the impetus on Karl trying to drive him out of town. But the crux is I don't think Cuz' personality takes to power plays or feeling under appreciated publically and Karl had crossed that. Now how does this get back to stable?

How about some therapy for someone who can't handle his coach saying "no one is untradeable." That would be my suggestion if I believed your timeline and version of events but I don't think it went down like that either.

Well, I thought the comments were off beat and not needed, but IMO it was more how the media took and ran with them. In the media it was as if we were actively putting him on the trade blocks hence why there were like 100 trade threads created about him in the TT forum. Heady stuff for a large ego'd 24 year old.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#163 » by City of Trees » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:02 pm

What if Karl started looking to trade Cousins AFTER Fegan was granted permission to seek a trade? Does that change your view of Karl?

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Re: 

Post#164 » by Kings2013 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:24 pm

City of Trees wrote:What if Karl started looking to trade Cousins AFTER Fegan was granted permission to seek a trade? Does that change your view of Karl?

For me personally, although no one is certain, I believe Karl (inadvertently?) created the beef in the first place by his untradeable comment and the reports of lack of communication that have been circulating in local media (CD and Deuce, cowbell kingdom). I think had the relationship been solid between Cuz/Karl than Cuz and his agent may not have had the outburst, and Jones tweeted Cuz demand was because he thought Karl didn't want to coach him. Bottom line Karl was given a job to establish a relationship with our star and not alienate him. I really hope they can squash this
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Re: Re: 

Post#165 » by jeffjtk1234 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:29 pm

Kings2013 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:What if Karl started looking to trade Cousins AFTER Fegan was granted permission to seek a trade? Does that change your view of Karl?

For me personally, although no one is certain, I believe Karl (inadvertently?) created the beef in the first place by his untradeable comment and the reports of lack of communication that have been circulating in local media (CD and Deuce, cowbell kingdom). I think had the relationship been solid between Cuz/Karl than Cuz and his agent may not have had the outburst, and Jones tweeted Cuz demand was because he thought Karl didn't want to coach him. Bottom line Karl was given a job to establish a relationship with our star and not alienate him. I really hope they can squash this

Yeah but DMC really shouldnt get offended over that should he? We havent sniffed .500 with him. I agree with Karl anyone is tradeable on this roster. I dont want to trade DMC, but that statement really shouldnt have offended DMC.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#166 » by City of Trees » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Yeah DMC shouldn't have had a fit over those comments just like Karl shouldn't have said them.

But if Karl hadn't discussed trades with anyone until after the Cousins trade demand, that changes my perception of how Karl handled things.... Just a thought.

benchmobbin02
Veteran

Re: 

Post#167 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:51 am

City of Trees wrote:Yeah DMC shouldn't have had a fit over those comments just like Karl shouldn't have said them.

But if Karl hadn't discussed trades with anyone until after the Cousins trade demand, that changes my perception of how Karl handled things.... Just a thought.

Let me remind everyone the terrible think Karl said to to supposedly warrant a trade request reaction. Read the whole thing...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/karls-declaration-never-had-player-thats-untradeable

Without speaking on timelines or actions that we will never know, we need to move forward. WE as fans will never know the truth because that will mean that the side that overreacted would have to be thrown under the bus by the other side and that will only make it worst. I do believe that both sides want to work it out at this point now that they have some common ground and a solid person in charge and mediating from a neutral position.

This is something that needs to handled without pride because after the it is discussed Cousins needs to trust and follow Karl's lead as his head coach and Karl need to trust Cousins because of his status as a the leader of the team, the highest paid player and arguably the most talented player on the team. Cousins needs to provide max effort and buy into the direction Karl is moving because he isn't Leborn and Karl isn't Blaatt. That meaning Cousins isn't a superstar yet and isn't above being coached and still needs direction to reach his potential and Karl is a coach that has earned respect in the league and on the team.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#168 » by City of Trees » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:37 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Yeah DMC shouldn't have had a fit over those comments just like Karl shouldn't have said them.

Let me remind everyone the terrible think Karl said to to supposedly warrant a trade request reaction. Read the whole thing...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/karls-declaration-never-had-player-thats-untradeable

Without speaking on timelines or actions that we will never know, we need to move forward. WE as fans will never know the truth because that will mean that the side that overreacted would have to be thrown under the bus by the other side and that will only make it worst. I do believe that both sides want to work it out at this point now that they have some common ground and a solid person in charge and mediating from a neutral position.

This is something that needs to handled without pride because after the it is discussed Cousins needs to trust and follow Karl's lead as his head coach and Karl need to trust Cousins because of his status as a the leader of the team, the highest paid player and arguably the most talented player on the team. Cousins needs to provide max effort and buy into the direction Karl is moving because he isn't Leborn and Karl isn't Blaatt. That meaning Cousins isn't a superstar yet and isn't above being coached and still needs direction to reach his potential and Karl is a coach that has earned respect in the league and on the team.

Yeah but that quote wasn't the reason Cousins camp asked for a trade, it was the tipping point.

Regardless I think both will show up to camp and work it out. Karl already laid the first stone today by saying he wants to see Cousins and WCS play together.

benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#169 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:44 am

City of Trees wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

Yeah but that quote wasn't the reason Cousins camp asked for a trade, it was the tipping point.

Regardless I think both will show up to camp and work it out. Karl already laid the first stone today by saying he wants to see Cousins and WCS play together.

In you opinion, what was the reason?
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#170 » by City of Trees » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:04 am

Biggest reason would be the firing of Malone and how the FO handled the team afterwards

nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Can We Just Fire Karl Now And Be Done With it. 

Post#171 » by nolimit0820 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:10 pm

According to Woj:

The Sacramento Kings are probing University of Kentucky coach John Calipari about his interest in taking over the franchise's front-office and coaching jobs, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,530

Post#172 » by codydaze » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:27 pm

nolimit0820 wrote:According to Woj:

The Sacramento Kings are probing University of Kentucky coach John Calipari about his interest in taking over the franchise's front-office and coaching jobs, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

I don't like the idea of this at all. Cal is a great recruiter but he's an average coach at best.

With these talk of Bledsoe, plus WCS + Cousins, are we really trying to build the Kentucky Kings? lol
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,400

Post#173 » by Revived » Wed Jul 1, 2015 12:42 am

codydaze wrote:
nolimit0820 wrote:According to Woj:

I don't like the idea of this at all. Cal is a great recruiter but he's an average coach at best.

With these talk of Bledsoe, plus WCS + Cousins, are we really trying to build the Kentucky Kings? lol

Suns right now have 4 Kentucky players. Booker, Bledsoe, Goodwin and Knight. We're already Kentucky West.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#174 » by Kings2013 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 2:55 pm

It can be argued if this latest leak was Fegan or PDA, I believe Fegan, but either way George is going to form a positive relationship with Cuz or be gone. There will be no more dumb comments or rumors of lack of communication, there will be nothing but good vibrations, which is what we are paying him for if he remains on. I'll be paying close attention, and I assume any message has been sent
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#175 » by Kings2013 » Thu Jul 9, 2015 5:44 pm

I read on another site Vlade was on Jim Rome and said something like "to be honest, it's not really pretty" when describing the relationship between George and Cousins. If that's true, I've said how I feel

The organization gave this old guy a job and he doesn't repay it by fracturing the relationship with the star. As long as anything like this exists I want Karl gone personally. He is paid to enhance our org and you do that by having good relationships with your star

If anything regarding George shopping Cousins is remotely true he needs to be gone IMO. I just assumed that was Cousibs agent blowing stuff up

I personally just don't want this at all heading forward. We have a franchise player and we are on tenuous ground with him given existing circumstances, we don't need an old coach causing more rift

I said it when Karl's off beat "untradeable" comments came out that I hoped this wasn't a situation, and I really hope that is the case going forward. It shouldn't even be a question of "who should call who"

If he doesn't work with Cuz the plug should be pulled, and I guess we will see how it goes
SacSanity
Senior
And1: 89

Post#176 » by SacSanity » Thu Jul 9, 2015 6:20 pm

Kings2013 wrote:I read on another site Vlade was on Jim Rome and said something like "to be honest, it's not really pretty" when describing the relationship between George and Cousins. If that's true, I've said how I feel

The organization gave this old guy a job and he doesn't repay it by fracturing the relationship with the star. As long as anything like this exists I want Karl gone personally. He is paid to enhance our org and you do that by having good relationships with your star

If anything regarding George shopping Cousins is remotely true he needs to be gone IMO. I just assumed that was Cousibs agent blowing stuff up

I personally just don't want this at all heading forward. We have a franchise player and we are on tenuous ground with him given existing circumstances, we don't need an old coach causing more rift

I said it when Karl's off beat "untradeable" comments came out that I hoped this wasn't a situation, and I really hope that is the case going forward. It shouldn't even be a question of "who should call who"

If he doesn't work with Cuz the plug should be pulled, and I guess we will see how it goes

I think this has to do with a little of both. Karl making some dumbass statements and Fegan attempting to force DCUZ out. As we can see, Fegan liked to meddle in his players affairs.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#177 » by Kings2013 » Thu Jul 9, 2015 6:41 pm

A lot of this came out during draft/free agency, so I expect it on the front burner coming up
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#178 » by Kings2013 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:14 am

There is a new story on SactownRoyalty http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2015/7/16/8978251/george-karl-sacramento-kings-demarcus-cousins-rift

A Bucks beat reporter coming out with a story that the Kings won't allow Karl to hire his unaccomplished son. People believe Karl is a source of the info because where else would a Bucks beat reporter that Karl used to work with get this info? Karl is still wrong footing if this is true. This needs to be kept in house, especially now.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#179 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:23 am

Kings2013 wrote:There is a new story on SactownRoyalty http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2015/7/16/8978251/george-karl-sacramento-kings-demarcus-cousins-rift

A Bucks beat reporter coming out with a story that the Kings won't allow Karl to hire his unaccomplished son. People believe Karl is a source of the info because where else would a Bucks beat reporter that Karl used to work with get this info? Karl is still wrong footing if this is true. This needs to be kept in house, especially now.

This is a non story to me. A clickbait speel from a clickbait artist. Hey, the author is doing his job i guess by getting readers but this isn't an assault in the media by Karl. Here's a comment from the actual page. I think it speaks volumes:

"I don't see why it's bad he tried to get his son a gig. And I don’t see why it’s bad the Kings said no. And I also don’t see why it’s bad that it was reported.If this is how Karl wages war against an organization, we don’t have to worry. This is pretty weak stuff. I mean, the guy who reported it is a local beat writer from a different market." Neil Manich

Just think about how this could have gone...this could have been word of mouth news that Gery Woelfel heard thru multiple channels.

The author, Greg Wissinger, says in the piece that, "The Kings said they wouldn't pay money for Karl to add an inexperienced coach who had no qualifications beyond being the son of the head coach."

How does he know this? Does he have a source? Who is it? And if he did get the info from the Kings maybe he got the whole story from them and he is the Bucks beat writer's (Gery Woelfel) source. This story benefits him the most after all. Especially if he isn't the one reporting the news and just commenting on a tweet. That way he can play on the Karl vs Kings rhetoric.

For all we know, the Karl and Vlade convo could have gone like this...
Karl "Hey, I was thinking about rounding out my coaching staff with my son, Coby."
Vlade "Does he have any experience?"
K "No"
V 'I don't think it is a good idea with what we are trying to do these next few years to spend money on a guy like that when we could bring in someone more experienced to help the players."
K "I can see that. I'm disappointed because I wanted to help him get into coaching but I see your point."
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#180 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:33 am

I noticed Coby was hanging around at summer league. Looked like he was schmoozing with some execs, now I know why. Heck, I wouldn't mind it myself. If Coby has the same mentality as a coach that he did as a player he would make an awesome coach. He played balls to the wall and worked hard.

Return to Sacramento Kings