ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA SL: Kings @ Warriors 3:30 PT July 15

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: NBA SL: Kings @ Warriors 3:30 PT July 15 

Post#21 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:10 am

I know it's summer league and Welch has a bench full of guys that can't shoot but seriously? I'd have to fine Welch after this if I were Karl. Puts in a lineup where Stockton is the lone player who can hit shots. haha.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#22 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:14 am

Wear took a WCS knee to the head. He's fine but will be knot after the game.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#23 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:15 am

Getting outta hand...
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#24 » by Kings2013 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:47 am

Overall the kid (WCS) didn't live up to my lofty (?) expectations in summer league. How many times do I have to feel like this about a rookie of ours in the summer? It's not to the level of apathy I had with Nik, as WCS has the physical tools, but any notion of a dominant front court partner with Cuz in the immediate future has seaped out of me personally. I don't know if he can give good minutes now at the NBA level. He has a lot to work with to eventually be good, but will be a bit of a project IMO.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#25 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:25 am

Well, to be fair Willie isn't the type of player that is going to wow you if he's the best player on the team. He's a role player who needs talent around him for you to really understand his value. And that's not bad since him seeing the ball over Cuz, Rondo, or Gay should never happen. He's there for put backs, defensive effort, and activity.

He's not here to be dominant or put up great numbers. If they drafted him expecting that then they drafted the wrong person. I mentioned pre-draft his productivity in college was on the low side for a big like him as it was. Part of the reason his rebounding numbers are a tad low is because of his propensity to switch out high and with his help D comes the reality that he puts himself out of box out position. I didn't like the look of him at C for that reason. He was kind of stuck at the rim and in pick and roll he had to play way under instead of coming out and hedging hard or switching so he didn't concede basket protection or rebounding position.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#26 » by Little Digger » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:35 am

I'm excited about the potential this coming season of the Kings frontline..I absolutely love the WCS pick..He's going to be perfect next to DeMarcus and Rudy Gay..Really cant wait to see these guys develop through November and December..Kings have a chance to shock the establishment if everything goes near-perfect from now till then,,
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,233

Post#27 » by blind prophet » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:38 am

Kings2013 wrote:Overall the kid (WCS) didn't live up to my lofty (?) expectations in summer league. How many times do I have to feel like this about a rookie of ours in the summer? It's not to the level of apathy I had with Nik, as WCS has the physical tools, but any notion of a dominant front court partner with Cuz in the immediate future has seaped out of me personally. I don't know if he can give good minutes now at the NBA level. He has a lot to work with to eventually be good, but will be a bit of a project IMO.

What's the problem?

Too athletic? Too much of a defensive help?

Oh he couldn't score enough to take shots away from Cousins or Gay?

What did you expect?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#28 » by City of Trees » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:44 am

blind prophet wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:Overall the kid (WCS) didn't live up to my lofty (?) expectations in summer league. How many times do I have to feel like this about a rookie of ours in the summer? It's not to the level of apathy I had with Nik, as WCS has the physical tools, but any notion of a dominant front court partner with Cuz in the immediate future has seaped out of me personally. I don't know if he can give good minutes now at the NBA level. He has a lot to work with to eventually be good, but will be a bit of a project IMO.

What's the problem?

Too athletic? Too much of a defensive help?

Oh he couldn't score enough to take shots away from Cousins or Gay?

What did you expect?

Yeah the guy doesn't need to be the talk of SL to be considered NBA ready. Scouting report on Trill says defensively he is the most NBA ready player in this draft class..... Which is the exactly why Vlade drafted him. For me, his performance in SL kinda validates that pre draft scouting report. That said I don't know if he starts or comes off the bench. That's what training camp is for.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

NBA SL: Kings @ Warriors 3:30 PT July 15 

Post#29 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:15 pm

WCS is going to get a lot of easy points with Rondo throwing him the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Sacramento Kings