Media Trustworthiness

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Media Trustworthiness 

Post#1 » by ICMTM » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:45 pm

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2015/7/29/9067317/sacramento-kings-reporter-reliability-rankings

Mannix was on Grant's show (which interesting he has a radio show...not on the list) and vouched for Wojo. StR is vouching for Wojo...
KANGZZZZZ!
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Re: Media Trustworthiness 

Post#2 » by Kings2013 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Wojo, by taking PDA's account on Vivek firing Malone and being responsible for the Stauskas pick, set our franchise's rep back. Won't get over that

We are being bullied in the media. It's disgusting. Not only does everyone have a dour response to what we are doing, but stories are being created left and right besmirching us, a lot of it untrue. The untruths then will be accepted at large, making us an even bigger target
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#3 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:10 pm

Vivek just needs to take all this in as a learning experience. He probably never imagined things could get this shallow and dirty so as long as he knows and understands the snakes he's dealing with now, he should be better from here on.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Media Trustworthiness.......Isn't that an oxymoron ??
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#5 » by Wolfay » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:46 pm

According to Woj, we're discussing the Seattle SuperSonics 2.0 but anyway, this is actually what StR said:

With Woj though I don't particularly care for the opinions and conjecture he sometimes inserts into his reporting, but the reporting itself is usually solid. He's probably broken more Kings news in recent years than almost anyone else on this list, although he's also had several big misses, particularly recently.

That's all we have been saying.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,535

Post#6 » by codydaze » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:52 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:Vivek just needs to take all this in as a learning experience. He probably never imagined things could get this shallow and dirty so as long as he knows and understands the snakes he's dealing with now, he should be better from here on.

The NBA is a lot more transparent and cutthroat than the tech world. He's new at it so it will definitely get some taking used to on his part. I think once he learns to let the basketball people handle the basketball aspect of running the franchise he'll be better off. Can't expect a first time owner to be perfect from the jump.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#7 » by City of Trees » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:16 pm

Wolfay wrote:According to Woj, we're discussing the Seattle SuperSonics 2.0 but anyway, this is actually what StR said:

With Woj though I don't particularly care for the opinions and conjecture he sometimes inserts into his reporting, but the reporting itself is usually solid. He's probably broken more Kings news in recent years than almost anyone else on this list, although he's also had several big misses, particularly recently.

That's all we have been saying.

Pretty much.

Also ask yourself this, how many of Vlade's free agent signings did Wojo break? Hmmmmm.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#8 » by skywalker33 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 11:19 pm

What I find so interesting about the media is how they can manipulate perspective. It is more apparent in sports than in mainstream, but the "East Coast biased" has affected more sports teams west of the Mississippi in negative ways, can't tell me there is not an "good ole' boys club". With the age of the Internet, you'd think this would alleviate the limited perspective towards West Coast teams, yet we're still treated like cow-towns. (except for the Lakers of course, but that's another story) I remember seeing the movie "Tomorrow Never Dies" (yes, James Bond fan) and walked away a bit disillusioned with the truth behind what was supposed to be just an adventure flick.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
gustofwind
Rookie
And1: 649

Post#9 » by gustofwind » Tue Aug 4, 2015 5:18 am

Kings2013 wrote:Wojo, by taking PDA's account on Vivek firing Malone and being responsible for the Stauskas pick, set our franchise's rep back. Won't get over that

We are being bullied in the media. It's disgusting. Not only does everyone have a dour response to what we are doing, but stories are being created left and right besmirching us, a lot of it untrue. The untruths then will be accepted at large, making us an even bigger target

Completely agree. Bullying is a great word for how the national media has presented everything that has happened to the Kings recently as part of a narrative of "the laughable, hopeless franchise." It's up to Kings fans to criticize their franchise if and when appropriate. It's not appropriate for the national media to be projecting a negative, subjective image on a franchise while they are facing adversity.

There likely was some legitimate dysfunction in our franchise between PDA, Fegan, Cousins, Karl, etc. but we'll never know what actually happened due to bizarre, inconsistent, and inaccurate reporting.

As some on this board know, I was openly critical of Stein (ESPN), who first broke internal Sac dysfunction as "Lakers seek to obtain Counsins." That headline was offensive because it allowed the Lakers good press at Kings expense, even though interest was 1) multiple major media outlets (for instance SI, CBS) later reported there was never a serious trade on the table 2)Vlade & Vivek denied pursuing that trade 3) by the Lakers' (Kupchak) own admission they never made a serious offer and 4) the real story was one of internal discord and had absolutely nothing to do with the Lakers.
think peaceful thoughts :meditate:

Return to Sacramento Kings