SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: RE: Re: Kings vs. Rockets Nov 6, 2015 

Post#41 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Nov 7, 2015 9:52 am

City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:
Bench ran out of gas at the end but Rudy has to step up and be a leader and the main scorer. He can't take nights off without Cousins.

That's true but my goodness, teams are able to focus all their guns on Rudy when he's the only player they have to focus on defensively.

I'm not ready to say that Rondo doesn't fit myself, but clearly, and even moreso when Cousins is back but this team needs shooting unless they find an identity defensively. I never really got how a dribble drive was going to work without shooting and a full sized front court and in a lot of ways we are seeing exactly why it doesn't work first hand.

Hate to say it, but this is a team well unprepared for the real season. Most of the issues that persisted through preseason, most namely rough starts are still here. Even Bobby Jackson lobbed a bit of a bomb on the post game, he basically asked how can you practice and get better defensively once the season starts. I wouldn't count them out but it is extremely tough when the season comes. Those principles should be in place already.

Part of getting better is knowing the guys you play with... 4 out of the 5 starters tonight weren't on the roster last year so how can you expect them to play team Defense at a high level only a few games in? Prime example is last years Cavs. It takes time.... But with that said these guys are vets and I expect them to figure it out, quickly

I like Collison over Rondo, WCS over Koufus, and Curry needs more playing time.
Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

That's why you have preseason. Vlade didn't exactly go out and nab many stoppers this summer but it's not just about them being bad, they don't even really know what they are doing defensively. The concepts as to what they are attempting seem to fluctuate from game to game, moment to moment. Any NBA team should at least have an idea or concept down. Right now the Kings are the WORST defensive team in the league. Ability defensive deficiencies on the wing or not, they shouldn't be that bad. Allowing a 50% on field goals is a joke.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: Kings vs. Rockets Nov 6, 2015 

Post#42 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Nov 7, 2015 9:55 am

KF10 wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:
KF10 wrote:Good effort but the team still reeks of a mess. Especially with the starters and their overall (lack of) cohesion.

The bench did most of the work.

Bench ran out of gas at the end but Rudy has to step up and be a leader and the main scorer. He can't take nights off without Cousins.

Rudy is being exposed.The guy simply can't hold down the fort on his own. When Cousins is out, Rudy's efficiency and play drops like a rock.

Unfortunately for us, that is not good. Especially when there isn't anyone else that can really replace Cousins' production. Or even come close to it.

He did decent last year IIRC. He needs to show up but sometimes the talent level around him depending on lineups makes it pretty easy for teams to cut the paint off and that makes it really hard when the purpose behind their system is to attack the basket.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#43 » by KF10 » Sat Nov 7, 2015 10:05 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:He did decent last year IIRC. He needs to show up but sometimes the talent level around him depending on lineups makes it pretty easy for teams to cut the paint off and that makes it really hard when the purpose behind their system is to attack the basket.

Decent? Maybe. But decent isn't enough in the Western conference if the goal is to make it to the playoffs.

Talent level? I'm pretty sure the talent level of the current core is higher than last year's core. So, that isn't a legit excuse.

The guy is a mediocre #1 option from what I've seen from him.

The construction of the team is iffy but I still think it's still a solid team once they figure out their strengths and in turn, take advantage of said strengths.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#44 » by City of Trees » Sat Nov 7, 2015 3:35 pm

F it tonight against the Warriros I would start Collison, Curry, Gay, WCS, and Koufus.

RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,419

Post#45 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Nov 7, 2015 5:13 pm

If we start two bigs against the Warriors, we are going to lose by 50.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Kings vs. Rockets Nov 6, 2015 

Post#46 » by City of Trees » Sat Nov 7, 2015 6:53 pm

RIPskaterdude wrote:If we start two bigs against the Warriors, we are going to lose by 50.

Ummmmmm, like that ain't happening anyways

Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#47 » by Kings2013 » Sat Nov 7, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm a little uneasy with the starting lineup carousel and matching up with other teams instead of vise versa but this is a new team figuring itself out

Return to Sacramento Kings