Re: Kings vs. Nets Nov 13, 2015 

Post#41 » by FrodoBaggins » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:49 am

Cousins shooting 2 or 3 three pointers a game = GOOD
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#42 » by teerfour+40LG » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:59 am

I didn't mention it during the game, because I was afraid of jinxing it, but now that the game is over I will say that Quincy Acy again played really well, especially defensively.
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#43 » by nolimit0820 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:03 am

I like Quincy next to cousins. Big time.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
FrodoBaggins
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,207

Post#44 » by FrodoBaggins » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:09 am

nolimit0820 wrote:I like Quincy next to cousins. Big time.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Masterful coaching by Karl

Also playing Ben

Acy completely shutdown the post action and our rotations were slick
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#45 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:56 am

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach

Post#46 » by teerfour+40LG » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:17 am

I gotta add that Ben also had a good defensive showing.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#47 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:36 am

teerfour+40LG wrote:I didn't mention it during the game, because I was afraid of jinxing it, but now that the game is over I will say that Quincy Acy again played really well, especially defensively.

Amen to that. He fits in perfectly with the switching scheme. He did it to perfection. I don't know what happened to Acy coming into the NBA but I watched him a ton at Baylor and he was a darn good defender. It looks like it might finally be translating?
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by teerfour+40LG » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:49 am

I remember him at Baylor too. He was on the team with Perry Jones, Quincy Miller, and Brady Heslip, and he was the leader of that team. I think it is well deserved that he has had the best career so far.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#49 » by bleeds_purple » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:37 pm

Hopefully this ends the Anderson experiment in the startling lineup. Even when struggling Ben is better and you can see the potential despite what all the haters say. I'd also like to see Acy takeover Butler's minutes; he can hit a shot and drive off a dish into a pull up but he is just so damn slow on the floor it kills us at times. His game reminds me of John Salmons at this point. If Rondo keeps balling like this I'm going to have to eat a double plate of crow.

In other news... SPLASH Cousins strikes again.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#50 » by Kings2013 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:45 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:Hopefully this ends the Anderson experiment in the startling lineup. Even when struggling Ben is better and you can see the potential despite what all the haters say. I'd also like to see Acy takeover Butler's minutes; he can hit a shot and drive off a dish into a pull up but he is just so damn slow on the floor it kills us at times. His game reminds me of John Salmons at this point. If Rondo keeps balling like this I'm going to have to eat a double plate of crow.

I feel like we just went over this. "Hater" is a pejorative term. As someone who is skeptical of Ben I don't like label those who support him "lovers" because it's dismissive.

Ben has been atrocious for most of the preseason/regular season. My personal expectations are Id like someone going unnoticed at that SG position. Anderson has represented more of that to me and obviously the coaching staff. Ben had a good game and hopefully he can build on it. If he can then it wouldn't be too hard to beat out Anderson

Everyone wants what is best for the team, and this him panning out. Some are more skeptical than others of it happening but that's fandome
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#51 » by blind prophet » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:46 pm

Kings2013 wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:Hopefully this ends the Anderson experiment in the startling lineup. Even when struggling Ben is better and you can see the potential despite what all the haters say. I'd also like to see Acy takeover Butler's minutes; he can hit a shot and drive off a dish into a pull up but he is just so damn slow on the floor it kills us at times. His game reminds me of John Salmons at this point. If Rondo keeps balling like this I'm going to have to eat a double plate of crow.

I feel like we just went over this. "Hater" is a pejorative term. As someone who is skeptical of Ben I don't like label those who support him "lovers" because it's dismissive.

Ben has been atrocious for most of the preseason/regular season. My personal expectations are Id like someone going unnoticed at that SG position. Anderson has represented more of that to me and obviously the coaching staff. Ben had a good game and hopefully he can build on it. If he can then it wouldn't be too hard to beat out Anderson

Everyone wants what is best for the team, and this him panning out. Some are more skeptical than others of it happening but that's fandome

Just ignore the "hater" stuff man. People used to give me trouble for years about Jarl Thompandry. We can't really improve the SG situation anyways, so if Ben turns it around cool, but at least he is on a rookie deal.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#52 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Andersons defense is good though, so when he's out there he can contribute, and not to rain on Bens parade but per usual what was another connected fact to his "resurgence"? Oh yeah, no Gay to get in the way offensively. The question is still whether or not Ben can impact the game when he gets shuffled down in the pecking order on the wing once again.

Hopefully this was a springboard for his confidence level and if he plays the way he did in this game it will only increase the potential for it to become a normal thing.

As for Acy I don't think there is any reason why he shouldn't become a normal fixture in the front court. Just keep Gay at SF. Doing so all of a sudden increases the depth on the wing as well.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#53 » by bleeds_purple » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:33 am

Kings2013 wrote:

I'll be the first to agree that Ben has been playing like utter trash. I've said much the same. The "hater" comment comes in when I hear people calling for this guy to be benched for scrubs. We need to let this guy play. Sure, if we had an actual good starting shooting guard I'd say let's go ahead and bench him. But we don't.

I don't think you want any starting players going "unnoticed". If you're going to start you're going to have to produce something. In my eyes at least Ben had a chance to do something. Anderson is a stiff plain and simple. But like you said, difference of opinion.

Return to Sacramento Kings