Random Kings talk

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#701 » by City of Trees » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:03 am

Barnes snapchat story followed a few days later with this altercation is not a good look. But honestly I'm not even mad at Barnes because he's just being the Matt Barnes everyone expects him to be. This black eye goes to the front office. Vlade better pray Cousins hand is okay and his trade value isn't impacted.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,529

Post#702 » by codydaze » Tue Dec 6, 2016 3:56 pm

K I N G S wrote:The click-baity thing at the bottom of the page says "San Francisco Kings Players Get Into Altercation at Nightclub." :P Apparently, Vivek moved the team without us knowing about it.

LOL. The jerseys in the picture even say SAC.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#703 » by codydaze » Tue Dec 6, 2016 3:58 pm

City of Trees wrote:Barnes snapchat story followed a few days later with this altercation is not a good look. But honestly I'm not even mad at Barnes because he's just being the Matt Barnes everyone expects him to be. This black eye goes to the front office. Vlade better pray Cousins hand is okay and his trade value isn't impacted.

Honestly I have not wanted to trade Cousins just because of the talent that he has but I think this has got to be the last straw. Even if it wasn't his fault, it's just a really bad look and I think it might improve the image of Vlade and the front office (somewhat) if they are willing to make the move. Just make sure that move is for a good package.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#704 » by becorz » Fri Dec 9, 2016 11:16 pm

codydaze wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Barnes snapchat story followed a few days later with this altercation is not a good look. But honestly I'm not even mad at Barnes because he's just being the Matt Barnes everyone expects him to be. This black eye goes to the front office. Vlade better pray Cousins hand is okay and his trade value isn't impacted.

Honestly I have not wanted to trade Cousins just because of the talent that he has but I think this has got to be the last straw. Even if it wasn't his fault, it's just a really bad look and I think it might improve the image of Vlade and the front office (somewhat) if they are willing to make the move. Just make sure that move is for a good package.

The only way the Kings are going to improve their image is if they win. Trading the best center in the league is not how you win. People will stop caring about Demarcus complaining if the Kings are winning. I know they are not near the same person, but in Tim Duncan's head, he never has committed a foul in his life and let the refs know it.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#705 » by codydaze » Fri Dec 9, 2016 11:26 pm

becorz wrote:
codydaze wrote:

The only way the Kings are going to improve their image is if they win. Trading the best center in the league is not how you win. People will stop caring about Demarcus complaining if the Kings are winning. I know they are not near the same person, but in Tim Duncan's head, he never has committed a foul in his life and let the refs know it.

And is it more respectable to keep trying to build around Cousins and failing or finally comitting to a full rebuild and accepting that it isn't working? I agree that winning cures all but the fact is that it needs to happen. If Cousins stays and signs an extension and we suck for his full 5 years of the next contract, then what?

I would love to win with Cousins, but something has got to start to click or it may be time to capitalize on our return.
c3j3h
Senior
And1: 135

Post#706 » by c3j3h » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:10 am

becorz wrote:
codydaze wrote:

And how exactly do you propose that the Kings go about winning? They haven't had a winning season since George W. Bush was president, the roster is trash, they have no real draft assets to work with... If it were that easy, I'm pretty sure they would have tried that by now.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#707 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:10 am

That's kind of the thing, the Kings have rebuilt basically. They have almost an entirely new team around the core they've only had for a few seasons. That will continue to change with or without Cuz. I think the idea is to add Bogdan next year and make a run then. When you look at the roster Vlade has built he's done it in a way that isn't necessarily committed to one path but instead kind of sits in the middle with the ability to go a few different directions.

If Cousins isn't concerned about leaving anytime soon then it might explain some of rather non-panicked moves Vlade has been making since the summer. I think everyone assumed Vlade had a huge countdown clock of the Cousins variety ticking over his head, and maybe there is, but it's starting to sound like that isn't the case. And if it isn't, Vlades moves make a bit more sense and show that there is a plan beyond this year. Even if the only haul this year long term wise was Temple then it's job well done. He fits. Now it's time to see what else fits and give it time to gel. I still think strategy is the weakness right now more than anything, but if the idea is to showcase an unfinished product and players that are a part of it then you have to kind of give Joerger the benefit of the doubt.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#708 » by becorz » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:18 am

c3j3h wrote:
becorz wrote:
codydaze wrote:

And how exactly do you propose that the Kings go about winning? They haven't had a winning season since George W. Bush was president, the roster is trash, they have no real draft assets to work with... If it were that easy, I'm pretty sure they would have tried that by now.

In my head, we are more likely to win with Cousins on the team instead of the rebuilding pieces we would get in a trade for Cousins. Let's say the Kings get Jaylen Brown and the Brooklyn pick in 2017 for Cousins. In the best case scenario, one of those players the Kings get turns into a player the caliber of Demarcus, minus the attitude, plus another good player. The Kings are still stuck in a place where they need to draft players to play around the "new stars" we get. We are still in a place where Garrett Temple is our fourth best player. I like Garret Temple...but he should not be your fourth best player.

Maybe the disconnect is that I do not think Demarcus is leaving. He seems to like being the star of the team and he seems to like Sacramento. I think the team could rebuild with him as the centerpiece because he is still young, and that seems to be what we are doing with all these short term veteran commitments.

I just don't think you can get a piece better than Demarcus for the rebuild in a Demarcus trade. So, if we trade Demarcus, the media will still make fun of us because we are still gonna be bad. Might as well keep the star.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#709 » by City of Trees » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:58 am

So is this the beginning of Jerry Reynolds exit?

I thought it was strange when Doug Christie was added to Grants show since Doug is not your typical radio guy..... but now it's starting to make sense. Doug is doing the radio show so they can build chemistry with the idea Doug takes over Jerry's spot on the broadcasts.

Gotta say I was enjoying listening to Doug's take and hearing the game through his eyes.

perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 930

Post#710 » by perempe20 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:46 am

Lawson is ballin'. (i saw him in his rookie season against the Nets, he scored 20+ points.)
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#711 » by JohnWillow » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:10 pm

DLeagueAllStars wrote:
KF10 wrote:Here are the next 18 games for the Kings (now until Dec. 31st):

Nov 27 @Brook
Nov 28 @Wash
Nov 30 @Phi
Dec 2 @Bos
Dec 4 @NY
Dec 7 @Dal
Dec 9 NY
Dec 10 @Utah
Dec 12 LAL
Dec 14 @Hou
Dec 16 @Mem
Dec 18 @Dal
Dec 20 Port
Dec 21 @Utah
Dec 23 @Min
Dec 26 Phi
Dec 28 @Port
Dec 31 Mem

There are 13 away games and only 5 home games in this stretch.

I have a feeling if the Kings do terrible (i.e. terrible record) in the 18 games, they will start thinking of trading Cousins and start rebuilding.

Let's see what the Kings are really made of. Away games tend to either bring a team closer or implode in itself.

From an outsider looking in, thats brutal.

Your home games are essentially road games as there are no back 2 backs there

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Is your favourite player Beans? That's why you use him as your avatar? :king:
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#712 » by JohnWillow » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:16 pm

City of Trees wrote:So is this the beginning of Jerry Reynolds exit?

I thought it was strange when Doug Christie was added to Grants show since Doug is not your typical radio guy..... but now it's starting to make sense. Doug is doing the radio show so they can build chemistry with the idea Doug takes over Jerry's spot on the broadcasts.

Gotta say I was enjoying listening to Doug's take and hearing the game through his eyes.

I was kind a suprised when I did not heard Jerry, I was watching the replay against T'Wolves and I was like ''Where is Jerry???''', but Grant has good chemistry with Doug and both of them compliment each other very well.

P.S.
I'm usually against, when former players are starting announcer career, but I like what Doug brings to my ears.
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#713 » by DLeagueAllStars » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:13 am

JohnWillow wrote:
DLeagueAllStars wrote:
KF10 wrote:Here are the next 18 games for the Kings (now until Dec. 31st):

Nov 27 @Brook
Nov 28 @Wash
Nov 30 @Phi
Dec 2 @Bos
Dec 4 @NY
Dec 7 @Dal
Dec 9 NY
Dec 10 @Utah
Dec 12 LAL
Dec 14 @Hou
Dec 16 @Mem
Dec 18 @Dal
Dec 20 Port
Dec 21 @Utah
Dec 23 @Min
Dec 26 Phi
Dec 28 @Port
Dec 31 Mem

There are 13 away games and only 5 home games in this stretch.

I have a feeling if the Kings do terrible (i.e. terrible record) in the 18 games, they will start thinking of trading Cousins and start rebuilding.

Let's see what the Kings are really made of. Away games tend to either bring a team closer or implode in itself.

From an outsider looking in, thats brutal.

Your home games are essentially road games as there are no back 2 backs there

Is your favourite player Beans? That's why you use him as your avatar? :king:

In 2007 on the warriors yes, was so active.. i dont log in any further in PC, so havent changed avatar in forever

I like shooters, warriors didnt have one for awhile so at that time favorite player was jesus

ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#714 » by ICMTM » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:08 pm

Couple of things:

1. Doug isn't bad as a color commentator. Chris Webber is one of the best currently in the business.
2. THE KINGS ARE NOT TRADING DEMARCUS COUSINS. I don't see why they would. That franchise player isn't out there to be drafted. Also with the new CBA and longer contracts coming back I see the S&T being a good tool again. We "should" be getting an upgrade next year at the 2, and right now this has to be the closest we have been to .500 in a long time.
3. The Kings are actually a playoff team right now, and of the teams below us I don't see there being that juggernaut of a team. This means the 8th seed just may not have a a winning record in the West this year. I do feel we are on the same level as Utah, Denver, and Portland. These are the teams IMO including us that will fight for the 8th seed.

I don't think you should be fighting for the playoffs and talking about trading your best player. That's me. I understand the 8th seed and being a contender are not the same thing, but I think making the playoffs is definitely progress.
KANGZZZZZ!
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#715 » by Dannyboy36 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:43 pm

becorz wrote:
codydaze wrote:

The only way the Kings are going to improve their image is if they win. Trading the best center in the league is not how you win. People will stop caring about Demarcus complaining if the Kings are winning. I know they are not near the same person, but in Tim Duncan's
head, he never has committed a foul in his life and let the refs know it.

I really think this is true about winning but I also find it interesting that Anthony Davis receives zero flack. I'm a Celtic fan and many of us would love to get Boogie. But odds are it won't happen.
I know the guy is no saint but I don't think he's a bad person either. I think he's just sensitive and hates losing and has trouble controlling himself. Maybe that would be the same anywhere he goes but I just like pointing out the free pass A.D. has received SO FAR.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#716 » by codydaze » Sun Jan 1, 2017 10:17 pm

Read on Twitter
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#717 » by codydaze » Sun Jan 1, 2017 10:17 pm

Hopefully that means less Mclemore and Afflalo.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#718 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Jan 2, 2017 3:00 am

I'll believe it when I see it. This is the same guy that said he'd seen enough of the big ball and after 2 wins went right back to it. LOL.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#719 » by dozencousins » Fri Jan 6, 2017 2:34 am

Kings are in the mix on Milsap as are Toronto , Denver to name a couple teams

Kings are attempting an offer of Gay or Afflalo with Stein & Mac however different combinations are being tossed around
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#720 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 6, 2017 3:15 am

dozencousins wrote:Kings are in the mix on Milsap as are Toronto , Denver to name a couple teams

Kings are attempting an offer of Gay or Afflalo with Stein & Mac however different combinations are being tossed around

Return to Sacramento Kings