ImageImageImageImageImage

16-17 Trade Discussion Thread *Read mod note on pg. 35*

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Re: 16-17 Trade Discussion Thread *Read mod note on pg. 35* 

Post#1261 » by blind prophet » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:55 pm

City of Trees wrote:Notable deadline dates this offseason via Basketball Insiders

•6/1/17 — Anthony Tolliver’s $8 million guarantees for 2017-18.

•6/10/17 or five days after team’s last game; prior to 6/29/17 — Rudy Gay’s player option.

•Day following NBA Draft — Arron Afflalo’s $12.5 million guarantees for 2017-18.

•6/24/17 — Player option for Langston Galloway.

•6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Ben McLemore.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app

I've got no idea what they do with Tolliver.

Hope Rudy opts out but no idea either.

AA will not be picked up

No clue on Galloway

They should give Ben a qualifying if he shows anything.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#1262 » by jeffjtk1234 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:57 pm

RIPskaterdude wrote:No other trades? Uh so we have bmac, aa, evans, hield and temple/Richardson when they return at SG...Vlade has NO idea what he's doing

It's ridiculous. We have like 8 shooting guards. How do you not unload players for seconds or protected future firsts? I just don't get it. The goal is to lose as much as possible unless this team truly believes you can trade a top 10 NBA player and still compete for the playoffs.

If we lose our pick to Chicago and only get New Orleans 18th overall pick or whatever then this franchise is set back over a decade no sugar coating it. We absolutely need a top 8 pick in this draft it's loaded.
jeffjtk1234
Starter

Post#1263 » by jeffjtk1234 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:59 pm

Sorry to triple post here but I am fully convinced that this front office and ownership truly believes buddy hield is a franchise changing talent and that is scary as hell

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#1264 » by teerfour+40LG » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:01 pm

8 shooting guards lol.

If Tyreke can play at all, I wanna see Joerger try him in the Draymond Green role.
KingsMilz
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#1265 » by KingsMilz » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Terrance Jones got waived would not mind picking him up and giving him another shot here.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,504

Post#1266 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:05 pm

Darren Collison is absolutely not resigning here next year either. Listen to his post practice interview form yesterday and that's abundantly clear.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1267 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:05 pm

KingsMilz wrote:Terrance Jones got waived would not mind picking him up and giving him another shot here.

You may be thining of Terrence Williams because we've never had Terrance Jones on this team.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#1268 » by blind prophet » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:09 pm

codydaze wrote:Darren Collison is absolutely not resigning here next year either. Listen to his post practice interview form yesterday and that's abundantly clear.

He may if the money is right.

But don't think he's the guy we should over pay for.
SacSanity
Senior
And1: 89

Post#1269 » by SacSanity » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:09 pm

codydaze wrote:Darren Collison is absolutely not resigning here next year either. Listen to his post practice interview form yesterday and that's abundantly clear.

Can you link to his post practice interview or give me a TLDR of what he said?
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#1270 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:12 pm

Mostly we should have moved Koufos. I think we kept him so that if all these centers get huge contracts like last summer, maybe we can get a team to pony up for him since he's on a reasonable deal.or I guess joerger/vlade wants him here to continue being a positive locker room guy and mentor Papagiannis.

I wonder if an afflalo buy out is coming out see no incentive to him being on the roster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using RealGM mobile app
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#1271 » by blind prophet » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:12 pm

SacTown916 wrote:

And he seems nervous.

But says his family is here. Which has kept players around before, the comfort and ease of this city on family life.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1272 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:13 pm

SacTown916 wrote:

He basically sounded really upset Cousins and Casspi got traded, said they were his two closest friends on the team and he was shocked to see them go. He said the cookie cutter statements like "I'll still play hard for the fans" and what not but when asked about resigning he said he would do what was best for him and his family, saying multiple times he wants to win.

http://www.abc10.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/collison-reacts-to-cousins-trade-talks-future-with-kings/411550347
SacSanity
Senior

Post#1273 » by SacSanity » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:22 pm

blind prophet wrote:
SacTown916 wrote:

And he seems nervous.

But says his family is here. Which has kept players around before, the comfort and ease of this city on family life.

Just watched it. I would actually say he would sign back with us. He seems to not want to leave, while on the other hand if a winning team reached out to him, he would go. Seems 50/50 to me.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#1274 » by Silver Man » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:23 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:Sorry to triple post here but I am fully convinced that this front office and ownership truly believes buddy hield is a franchise changing talent and that is scary as hell

The front office has absolutely no vision of what to do. Vivek has an uncomfortable obsession with the Warriors, but does nothing like the Warriors do unless you want to count comparing players to Curry and Thompson who of course are no where near Curry or Thompson. Cousins gets traded for a package that continues to make us the laughing stock of the league so what do us fans think? Finally we rebuild, and for the next few days veterans will be traded off for picks, or young players. But instead what do the Kings do? They keep their veterans, including the expiring ones for what purpose? Vivek still thinks a "playoff run" is possible which actually translates to us losing our pick instead of getting as good of a pick as possible while also letting the youth play instead of veterans and some of those veterans who won't even be here next year.

For the way this roster is set up right now it's just as laughable that we didn't make a trade today than the Cousins deal was. Vlade got worse than he already was by not making a trade. Vlade has officially used all his passes and Vivek just in general sucks.
SacSanity
Senior

Post#1275 » by SacSanity » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Silver Man wrote:
jeffjtk1234 wrote:Sorry to triple post here but I am fully convinced that this front office and ownership truly believes buddy hield is a franchise changing talent and that is scary as hell

The front office has absolutely no vision of what to do. Vivek has an uncomfortable obsession with the Warriors, but does nothing like the Warriors do unless you want to count comparing players to Curry and Thompson who of course are no where near Curry or Thompson. Cousins gets traded for a package that continues to make us the laughing stock of the league so what do us fans think? Finally we rebuild, and for the next few days veterans will be traded off for picks, or young players. But instead what do the Kings do? They keep their veterans, including the expiring ones for what purpose? Vivek still thinks a "playoff run" is possible which actually translates to us losing our pick instead of getting as good of a pick as possible while also letting the youth play instead of veterans and some of those veterans who won't even be here next year.

For the way this roster is set up right now it's just as laughable that we didn't make a trade today than the Cousins deal was. Vlade got worse than he already was by not making a trade. Vlade has officially used all his passes and Vivek just in general sucks.

Would you have preferred us trading away these vets for longer, non-expiring contracts with a 2nd on top? I rather have the cap space.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#1276 » by JohnWillow » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Dissapointed. But hey look how many SG we still have, good job Vlade.

Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
Eisenheart
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#1277 » by Eisenheart » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:05 pm

SacTown916 wrote:
Silver Man wrote:

Would you have preferred us trading away these vets for longer, non-expiring contracts with a 2nd on top? I rather have the cap space.

cap space for what? signing good free agents in summer? :D
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie
And1: 71

Post#1278 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:36 am

Few things to ponder...

#1. Regarding DeMarcus getting traded, I think the biggest factor for trading him was the huge contract extension he was going to receive this summer scaring Vivek and/or front office. He isn't worth over $200 million even if 100% healthy. Even worse what if he blew out his knee like CWebb did. That potential contract was not worth the risk. While I don't think they did the trade at the right time and maximum return, trading him was the right thing to do.

#2. The listing of all the shooting guards is kind of misleading. At this stage Afflalo is a SF. Tyreke is a PG or SF. Galloway is a PG or SG. Malachi when injured was quoted out 4-6 weeks so he isn't playing but is a SG or SF. Temple is injured but should be back soon can lay PG, SG & SF. Ben is a SG but could be a SF and Buddy is definitely a SG. I could also see Afflalo for sure and possibly Tyreke bought out still and after the season half of these guys will likely be gone. So the roster for now is more like this...

PG Collison/Lawson/Galloway
SG Hield/McLemore/Temple(injured)
SF Afflalo/Evans/Richardson(injured)/Gay(injured)
PF Cauley-Stein/Tolliver/Labisierre
C Koufos/Papagiannis

Tonight vs. Nuggets I see 9-10 guys playing unless foul trouble or injury. Collison, Hield, Afflalo, Cauley-Stein, Koufos, Lawson, McLemore, Evans, Tolliver and maybe Galloway.

#3. I see the aforementioned rotation staying that way for the next 2 weeks. If the Kings surprise and are still in contention for the 8th seed they're going to fight for it. If after 2 weeks they've fallen back that's where I could see "tank mode" with maybe Afflalo and Tyreke bought out and the youngins playing more.

4. Tying back to #3, I think its possible Vivek and F/O may truly still be trying the get that 8th seed even knowing they'd lose their pick and they think without DeMarcus they will play better team basketball and is partly the reason they didn't dump Afflalo and Collison. This line of thinking by them may also point to they're not going to go full rebuild and don't care so much about their pick and plan on using cap space to go after free agents this summer. Just a devils advocate thought because we can never understand what this organization is thinking.
SacSanity
Senior

Post#1279 » by SacSanity » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:59 am

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:Few things to ponder...

#1. Regarding DeMarcus getting traded, I think the biggest factor for trading him was the huge contract extension he was going to receive this summer scaring Vivek and/or front office. He isn't worth over $200 million even if 100% healthy. Even worse what if he blew out his knee like CWebb did. That potential contract was not worth the risk. While I don't think they did the trade at the right time and maximum return, trading him was the right thing to do.

#2. The listing of all the shooting guards is kind of misleading. At this stage Afflalo is a SF. Tyreke is a PG or SF. Galloway is a PG or SG. Malachi when injured was quoted out 4-6 weeks so he isn't playing but is a SG or SF. Temple is injured but should be back soon can lay PG, SG & SF. Ben is a SG but could be a SF and Buddy is definitely a SG. I could also see Afflalo for sure and possibly Tyreke bought out still and after the season half of these guys will likely be gone. So the roster for now is more like this...

PG Collison/Lawson/Galloway
SG Hield/McLemore/Temple(injured)
SF Afflalo/Evans/Richardson(injured)/Gay(injured)
PF Cauley-Stein/Tolliver/Labisierre
C Koufos/Papagiannis

Tonight vs. Nuggets I see 9-10 guys playing unless foul trouble or injury. Collison, Hield, Afflalo, Cauley-Stein, Koufos, Lawson, McLemore, Evans, Tolliver and maybe Galloway.

#3. I see the aforementioned rotation staying that way for the next 2 weeks. If the Kings surprise and are still in contention for the 8th seed they're going to fight for it. If after 2 weeks they've fallen back that's where I could see "tank mode" with maybe Afflalo and Tyreke bought out and the youngins playing more.

4. Tying back to #3, I think its possible Vivek and F/O may truly still be trying the get that 8th seed even knowing they'd lose their pick and they think without DeMarcus they will play better team basketball and is partly the reason they didn't dump Afflalo and Collison. This line of thinking by them may also point to they're not going to go full rebuild and don't care so much about their pick and plan on using cap space to go after free agents this summer. Just a devils advocate thought because we can never understand what this organization is thinking.

Make some good points. I hope we can get Labisierre some more minutes even though he may not be ready at all.
jeffjtk1234
Starter

Post#1280 » by jeffjtk1234 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:12 am

Who's going
To score the ball without cousins now? They can't truly believe 8 seed is possible

Return to Sacramento Kings