Game 10: Lakers (4-4) @ Kings (4-5)- 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: Game 10: Lakers (4-4) @ Kings (4-5)- 10:30 PM ET 

Post#21 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:14 am

jeffjtk1234 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:Man, this could very well be a season defining loss right here.

In that 3rd quarter the light bulb went on over Waltons head that Lawson/Koufos are just a collective fail in pick and roll defense. That's when the game started to really change. They just ate the Kings alive with the Russell pnr game.

Season defining loss 10 games in? Let's pump the breaks. We just got collison back

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Look at the games coming up. The way the schedule is/has been it makes it very tough and possibly likely the Kings get down under .500 by more than a few games. They only picked up 1 win on the road trip from hell which now puts a ton of pressure to win the winnable home games. Things could still click and they perform well against better competition, but the west right now looks like it's going to be nail biter at that 7-10 spot and anything much under .500 might not cut it. That's not even mentioning how fragile this teams core is considering the last few seasons so with a team like this confidence can disappear quickly. There isn't much rope at this point.
PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,541

Post#22 » by PaKwAn » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:16 am

and people think we were winning 40 games this season? lol
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#23 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:16 am

PaKwAn wrote:coach didn't make any adjustments during that 3rd quarter and the players didn't play with energy.. just blow it up! that vlade trade with philly is still one of the worst trades that has happened! would have been easier to rebuild if that trade didn't happen.

Walton went at the Lawson/Koufos combo like mad and the Kings gave it to them. So frustrating. Koufos can do some things well, pick and roll defense is NOT one of them. He and Lawson were a huge liability.
K I N G S
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#24 » by K I N G S » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:40 am

This team is hot garbage. No reason to hang on to Cuz and Rudy now, it's obvious they're not going to win more than 30 games with the lack of talent on this team. We need to fire Vlade and his cronies and get a real GM in here that's going to do a rebuild the proper way. Cuz, Gay, Collison, McLemore, Koufos, and WCS should all be trade bait to land some picks.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#25 » by City of Trees » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:01 pm

Who put a lid on the rim in the 2nd half?

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
TacoBell
Sophomore
And1: 86

Post#26 » by TacoBell » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:27 pm

I get the feeling that Rudy Gay was trying to throw the game. He was throwing stupid passes all second half and chucking wild shots. He looked completely disinterested all second half. We all know he doesn't wanna play on this team anyway.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Game 10: Lakers (4-4) @ Kings (4-5)- 10:30 PM ET 

Post#27 » by City of Trees » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:43 pm

TacoBell wrote:I get the feeling that Rudy Gay was trying to throw the game. He was throwing stupid passes all second half and chucking wild shots. He looked completely disinterested all second half. We all know he doesn't wanna play on this team anyway.

Come on now. Really? On national TV in a contract year.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,541

Post#28 » by PaKwAn » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Rudy has been the best or at least one of the best kings player that has played this year! He has definitely increased his value with his play this season.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#29 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:22 pm

K I N G S wrote:This team is hot garbage. No reason to hang on to Cuz and Rudy now, it's obvious they're not going to win more than 30 games with the lack of talent on this team. We need to fire Vlade and his cronies and get a real GM in here that's going to do a rebuild the proper way. Cuz, Gay, Collison, McLemore, Koufos, and WCS should all be trade bait to land some picks.

Eh, they aren't hot garbage and honestly, they have the tools to be a good team, but the problem is timing IMO. With a tough schedule coming up if they don't get their act together things could head downhill fast just purely from a numbers perspective.

I don't dislike what Vlade has done at all, it's just unfortunately something that may have come a little too late. Right now, the biggest question is Rudy Gay. The team as it's playing now is relying almost 100% on Gay and Cuz so that makes it very difficult to trade Gay and expect the Kings to somehow not fall in the cellar of the W/L column. Gay's value should be way up but dumping him could be doom with the way the team relies on the one on one scoring abilities of he and Cuz.

This stretch of the next 10-15 games will probably decide what direction the team heads from here. It's either going to be a long painful rebuild, or a team rising from the ash to prove all the doubters wrong. Right now, I want to see adjustment from Joerger. It comes in spurts but playing random lineups night to night and continuing to use defensive combinations and defensive styles isn't helping matters. I have faith in him as a coach and Vlade as a GM so lets hope they right the ship fast.

Return to Sacramento Kings