dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Re: Welcome Buddy Hield! 

Post#41 » by dozencousins » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:16 am

Thought this was a cool pic.

Sean Cunningham @SeanCunningham
1 minute ago

It's a new day in Sacramento. Buddy Hield in a Kings uniform for the first time ready for a… instagram.com/p/BQ1kIyXgCcC/
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#42 » by dozencousins » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:20 am

Follow up with video

Sean Cunningham @SeanCunningham
now

VIDEO: Buddy Hield meets with Sacramento media for the first time as a member of the Kings after trade from Pelicans abc10.com/sports/nba/sac… pic.twitter.com/K8z2JwWxGi
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#43 » by jeffjtk1234 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:53 am

Buddy seems like a good dude. Kind of soft spoken and short with answers though lol

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#44 » by KF10 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:11 am

Read on Twitter

Hmm..
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#45 » by Zion Wembanyama » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:23 am

Malachi Richardson > Buddy Hield - career trajectory.

I saw them both in college.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#46 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:40 am

JR SMITH_5 wrote:Malachi Richardson > Buddy Hield - career trajectory.

I think Buddy has a terrific NBA game when allowed to be a primary option. Malachi and he could be an interesting SG/SF combo moving forward. Both players have that assassin potential. Then you have Bogdanovic coming over. I see you Vlade. :D
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM

Post#47 » by Zion Wembanyama » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:45 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:

I think Buddy has a terrific NBA game when allowed to be a primary option. Malachi and he could be an interesting SG/SF combo moving forward. Both players have that assassin potential. Then you have Bogdanovic coming over. I see you Vlade. :D

I see Malachi as a 2, but I get your point. Positions are fluid though I guess. I'll be following SAC a lot closer now. I was mad when my hometown team traded Richardson's rights for Belinelli. And Belly is one of my favorite players.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
TacoBell
Sophomore
And1: 86

Post#48 » by TacoBell » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:46 am

I don't mind if this team gets a bad draft pick because Vlade has already struck gold in Buddy Hield
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#49 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:48 am

JR SMITH_5 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

I see Malachi as a 2, but I get your point. Positions are fluid though I guess. I'll be following SAC a lot closer now. I was mad when my hometown team traded Richardson's rights for Belinelli. And Belly is one of my favorite players.

I don't know. Malachi might not have the foot speed to defend 2's. He's almost a little too long for the spot. If he learns to use his length it could help him though. It looked like he started to understand that he could let guys get around him a bit and still challenge them from behind before he went down.
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM

Post#50 » by Zion Wembanyama » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:48 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:

I thought Vlade was trying to rebuild the C-Webb Kings, but now I think he's trying to replicate the Warriors.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#51 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:56 am

JR SMITH_5 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

I thought Vlade was trying to rebuild the C-Webb Kings, but now I think he's trying to replicate the Warriors.

I think he might think they are very similar and he may be right in terms of how they move the ball. I don't think he liked the high usage play and iso heavy ball under Gay and Cuz because that wasn't really the Kings team he played on either, even with Webber. I still think they easily could have made the Gay/Cuz combo work with the right role players and system but oh well.
GotEm
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#52 » by GotEm » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:00 am

This kid looks so much more poised than Jamal Murray.

Nuggets have the be kicking themselves that they didn't trade up a few draft slots to get this Hield instead of Murray.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#53 » by sacking123 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:45 am

Welcome Buddy Hield indeed!

Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
KingsMilz
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#54 » by KingsMilz » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:05 am

The most optimistic scenario I would say is Michael Redd 2.0 but I'm going to hold off on that for now.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#55 » by SactoKingsFan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:01 pm

I like Hield as a prospect but i wouldn't expect him to be a franchise cornerstone. Ceiling is probably less athletic Bradley Beal.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
jeffjtk1234
Starter

Post#56 » by jeffjtk1234 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:48 pm

KingsMilz wrote:The most optimistic scenario I would say is Michael Redd 2.0 but I'm going to hold off on that for now.

He actually reminds me a lot of redd

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#57 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

KingsMilz wrote:The most optimistic scenario I would say is Michael Redd 2.0 but I'm going to hold off on that for now.

That's a pretty good comparison. Buddy might be a bit more physical and more athletic.
jeffjtk1234
Starter

Post#58 » by jeffjtk1234 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:26 am

Hearing him talk and his interviews I really think we may have something with him long term at SG. He definitely reminds me of Michael redd that's a really good comparison. Excited to see him grow on this team

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#59 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:03 pm

It’s only a matter of time before Kings owner Vivek Ranadivé channels Chris Crocker and makes a Leave Buddy Alone video. Vivek has good reason to. The Buddy backlash is overblown. Hield is indeed a flawed prospect (and lacks Stephen Curry upside, Vivek!), but he has a history of exceeding expectations. We should give him a chance to.

Hield’s best skill is shooting, and despite a rocky start, it has already started to translate (he’s drained 41.1 percent on catch-and-shoot 3s, per SportVU). Now it’s about developing the rest of his game with the extra leeway he’ll be given in Sacramento. Hield has shot just 11-of-47 off screens, per Synergy; to become a J.J. Redickesque perimeter weapon, Hield needs to be more than a one-dimensional spot-up shooter. Shooting is an art form that involves understanding the intricacies of making reads, timing when to run through screens, shooting off-balance, and footwork.

Part of that falls on the coach. Kings head coach Dave Joerger should also put Hield in countless pick-and-roll situations to help him develop his handle. Moves like this were nonexistent from Hield just one year ago as a college senior at Oklahoma:(video in link)

https://theringer.com/the-15-most-important-western-conference-players-for-the-rest-of-the-season-a4433903c6c8#.cx6h4ssym
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#60 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:36 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
It’s only a matter of time before Kings owner Vivek Ranadivé channels Chris Crocker and makes a Leave Buddy Alone video. Vivek has good reason to. The Buddy backlash is overblown. Hield is indeed a flawed prospect (and lacks Stephen Curry upside, Vivek!), but he has a history of exceeding expectations. We should give him a chance to.

Hield’s best skill is shooting, and despite a rocky start, it has already started to translate (he’s drained 41.1 percent on catch-and-shoot 3s, per SportVU). Now it’s about developing the rest of his game with the extra leeway he’ll be given in Sacramento. Hield has shot just 11-of-47 off screens, per Synergy; to become a J.J. Redickesque perimeter weapon, Hield needs to be more than a one-dimensional spot-up shooter. Shooting is an art form that involves understanding the intricacies of making reads, timing when to run through screens, shooting off-balance, and footwork.

Part of that falls on the coach. Kings head coach Dave Joerger should also put Hield in countless pick-and-roll situations to help him develop his handle. Moves like this were nonexistent from Hield just one year ago as a college senior at Oklahoma:(video in link)

https://theringer.com/the-15-most-important-western-conference-players-for-the-rest-of-the-season-a4433903c6c8#.cx6h4ssym

Can't wait for the leeway because right now the Kings are just wasting their own and the fans time.

Return to Sacramento Kings