ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA 2017 Draft thread. 5th pick and 10th pick.

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

NBA 2017 Draft thread. 5th pick and 10th pick. 

Post#1 » by JohnWillow » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:13 pm

I guess now we have to look into the guys who can help and be part of this team next season, we will likely have 2 first round picks, maybe Vlade can get more before the trade deadline ends.

Bogdanovic (who I really like) likely will come over here next season, WCS, Hield, Richardson, Skal, Papa will be our young core. What are we looking for in a draft? Point Guard, some forward?

For me the big need will be point guard, with Collison likely gone, I don't know about Lawson situation if he still wants to be part of the team coming next season. So if we are looking at the pg I like this french guy Frank Ntikilina.

Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: NBA 2017 Draft prospect thread. 

Post#2 » by City of Trees » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Miles Bridges!!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by JohnWillow » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:18 pm

City of Trees wrote:Miles Bridges!!!

I haven't seen him tbh, what is his comparison?
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#4 » by KF10 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:22 pm

According to this: http://tankathon.herokuapp.com

With our own pick, we are #11 (expected to get better) and with the Pelican's pick -- #9 (expected to get worse).

So, I think our own pick will bottom out somewhere between 4-8, while the Pelican's pick will bottom out in the middle teens, imo.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by JohnWillow » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:34 pm

KF10 wrote:According to this: http://tankathon.herokuapp.com

With our own pick, we are #11 (expected to get better) and with the Pelican's pick -- #9 (expected to get worse).

So, I think our own pick will bottom out somewhere between 4-8, while the Pelican's pick will bottom out in the middle teens, imo.

T'Wolves, Dallas, Portland, Knicks are going ahead of us in the win column, so I think we will end up with 5-6 pick.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#6 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:10 pm

TJ Leaf. I think he could be one of the best players in the draft. I'm sure he moves up past the Kings picks though.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#7 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:10 pm

JohnWillow wrote:

T'Wolves, Dallas, Portland, Knicks are going ahead of us in the win column, so I think we will end up with 5-6 pick.

The better question is where Philly ends up.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by JohnWillow » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:23 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:

They are tanking imo, Colangelo is not telling information about their players, for like a month he did not tell that Embiid had tear meniscue and Simmons was supposed to be back last month, but he is still out. I think we will not get more wins than Philly, but who knows.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#9 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:53 pm

JohnWillow wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:T'Wolves, Dallas, Portland, Knicks are going ahead of us in the win column, so I think we will end up with 5-6 pick.

They are tanking imo, Colangelo is not telling information about their players, for like a month he did not tell that Embiid had tear meniscue and Simmons was supposed to be back last month, but he is still out. I think we will not get more wins than Philly, but who knows.

They won't be the only ones tanking. It's going to be a photo finish race to the bottom I'd bet. Vlade is gambling in what will probably end up a 1-2 game difference between 7-9 of the top picks.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by JohnWillow » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:54 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

They won't be the only ones tanking. It's going to be a photo finish race to the bottom I'd bet. Vlade is gambling in what will probably end up a 1-2 game difference between 7-9 of the top picks.

I don't even know what Vlade is doing, did you hear his press conference?
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#11 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:15 pm

JohnWillow wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:

I don't even know what Vlade is doing, did you hear his press conference?

Yeah, sounded like "culture" change. He said the money played a part too. I think he got cold feet on putting out 200 million of his owners money on big Cuz.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#12 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:51 pm

JohnWillow wrote:I guess now we have to look into the guys who can help and be part of this team next season, we will likely have 2 first round picks, maybe Vlade can get more before the trade deadline ends.

Bogdanovic (who I really like) likely will come over here next season, WCS, Hield, Richardson, Skal, Papa will be our young core. What are we looking for in a draft? Point Guard, some forward?

For me the big need will be point guard, with Collison likely gone, I don't know about Lawson situation if he still wants to be part of the team coming next season. So if we are looking at the pg I like this french guy Frank Ntikilina.

I LOVE Ntilinka. I'd love for the Suns to get him even if they took him quite a bit higher than projected. Great floor vision and passing, nice size, 7 foot wingspan...everything I love about a PG.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#13 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:56 pm

JohnWillow wrote:

Great thing is, it's at least 8 deep in my opinion (Fultz, Ball, Smith Jr, Ntilinka, Jackson, Isaac, Tatum, Markaanen) and then possibly 11 or 12 depending on Monk, Fox and Bridges.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:56 pm

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:57 pm

Read on Twitter
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#16 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:05 pm

At the moment if it were me, out of the real possibilities with where the Kings might have a shot I'm looking at Isaacs and Leaf for upside.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: NBA 2017 Draft prospect thread. 

Post#17 » by City of Trees » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:00 am

JohnWillow wrote:

He's a 3-4 tweener at 6'6.5" - 6'7" . Greatest strength is his athleticism and strength. I like his shooting potential and I'd seriously consider him with the Pelicans pick.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#18 » by City of Trees » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:04 am

My favorite player in this draft could end up being Dennis Smith Jr. I see a Chris Paul/Kyle Lowry mixture when I watch him. He has to have the highest floor in this PG class. He has Eastern All star potential written all over him. (No one is supplanting Westrook/Curry/Harden any time soon)

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: RE: Re: NBA 2017 Draft prospect thread. 

Post#19 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:41 am

City of Trees wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:

He's a 3-4 tweener at 6'6.5" - 6'7" . Greatest strength is his athleticism and strength. I like his shooting potential and I'd seriously consider him with the Pelicans pick.

I may get shouted down to hell on this one but I thought Draymond when I watched the tape, read his profile and scouting report and looked at his measurables.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#20 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:47 am

Late to the party but yeah, I agree with some of the above opinions. After doing the mocks in my head and reading the profiles I would love to come away with Frank Ntilikina and Miles Bridges.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Sacramento Kings