ImageImageImageImageImage

RealGM 2017 Fan Forum Mock Draft - SAC #10

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Based on this scenario, who should be your pick?

Poll ended at Thu May 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Zach Collins
19%
Jarrett Allen
5%
Lauri Markkanen
38%
Terrance Ferguson
5%
TJ Leaf
No votes
Donovan Mitchell
No votes
Justin Jackson
5%
John Collins
No votes
OG Anunoby
19%
Other (Specify in thread)
10%

Total votes: 21

jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Re: RealGM 2017 Fan Forum Mock Draft - SAC #10 

Post#21 » by jazanetti » Thu May 25, 2017 6:08 am

Zach Collins is absolut BPA in this scenario. I love Skal and Willie but Zach's ceiling is All-star. I can see him being as good as KAT easily. Markkanen seems to be a bit more talented version of Tolliver - it's not the man i want to get with 10 pick.
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie
And1: 71

Post#22 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Thu May 25, 2017 6:18 am

I voted other because I'd look to trade back. It's been stated multiple times but I'd reach out to Portland for some combo of their picks and maybe Harkless.

Ojeleye is way too early at 10 but one of those Blazer picks in 20s I'd take him and Jordan Bell. We could then take White or Morris with our pick.

Harkless/Ojeleye/Bell>>>Markannen or Collins
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#23 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu May 25, 2017 8:13 am

VeganKingsFan wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:OK, getting this thread back on track here's something to debate. Should the Kings be considering Semi Ojeleye with the 10th pick? I've been watching more and more video and finding it harder and harder to see how he shouldn't be in the discussion at 10 if the Kings selected a PG at 5. He's one of those, "How did he fall so far?" types so why not consideration at 10 then?

That's the biggest stretch I've heard of yet. He's 38th on my big board. I wouldn't be mad if they got him with the 34th, but at 10 they would have to be on some major crack to take him.

I think with what he showed at SMU individually it may, or may not be crazy depending on how you look at him going into the draft.

I've been watching more game footage of him and I'm not so excited by what I've seen of him, but rather what we might see in a different system or scenario at the next level. In particular defensively. At SMU they played almost zone exclusively and Ojeleye pretty much played the role of a C in the back of the pack. Very odd. However, in the situations where he was able to come out and guard a perimeter oriented player you saw someone who could be tremendously versatile on that end in a more NBA style of man to man defense.

Offensively he has some glaring weaknesses, but once again, for the Kings he's a good fit because he's unselfish, willing to spot shoot, willing to set screens, and appears to be a terrific teammate. All things that fit the new culture vibe. At SMU his advanced stats offensively were pretty good. Defensively it's kind of hard to judge due to the fact that they play a slightly gimmicky no real man to man defense.

I mean it all depends on who's at 10 but some of the names right behind that region in this draft don't exactly set the world on fire compared to him IMO. If not at 10, should the Kings move down I think he'd be a great target as an upside prospect.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#24 » by blind prophet » Thu May 25, 2017 8:50 am

I'm gonna gamble on OG's knee.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#25 » by blind prophet » Thu May 25, 2017 8:51 am

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:I voted other because I'd look to trade back. It's been stated multiple times but I'd reach out to Portland for some combo of their picks and maybe Harkless.

Ojeleye is way too early at 10 but one of those Blazer picks in 20s I'd take him and Jordan Bell. We could then take White or Morris with our pick.

I've seen a mock over at tankathon that has OG at 11.

He's not gonna be there at 20 or 26.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#26 » by enderwilson » Thu May 25, 2017 3:02 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:I voted other because I'd look to trade back. It's been stated multiple times but I'd reach out to Portland for some combo of their picks and maybe Harkless.

Same
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie
And1: 71

Post#27 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Thu May 25, 2017 3:20 pm

blind prophet wrote:

I think you're confusing OG (Anunoby) and Ojeleye. I was discussing Ojeleye in response to SacKingZZZ suggesting him at 10. The more I go back and forth on this the more convinced I am to trade back with Portland if Fox is taken at 5 and the choices left are Markkanen and Collins at 10.

Kings trade #10
Blazers trade Harkless, #20, #26, and top 10 protected 2019

Kings draft Fox 5, Ojeleye 20, Bell 26, White 34

Resign Lawson (interesting how Temple brought up his name as part of future in STR post).

PG De'Aaron Fox/Ty Lawson/Derrick White
SG Buddy Hield/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Malachi Richardson
SF Maurice Harkless/Garrett Temple/Semi Ojeleye
PF Skal Labissiere/Anthony Tolliver/Jordan Bell
C Willie Cauley-Stein/Kosta Koufos/Georgios Papagiannis

I'd love to see that 2nd unit take it to 1st and 3rd units in practice to help them develop. The Kings would still be way under cap to facilitate trades for assets/picks and have their own lottery pick in 2018 and Portland's pick in 2019 via this trade. Harkless is a younger guy that can still develop and gives the team more length at SF to go along with Skal and WCS. Ojeleye for reasons SacKingZZZ mentioned could be a good fit. Bell's attitude and intangibles plus on court production especially defensively would be a great add and White is a combo guard with length and athleticism that can shoot and play D. Love Fox's attitude and charisma. All of the guys personalities coming in fit the direction the organization and us fans want. Ojeleye, Bell, and White while rookies are older and for roster construction is better than 3 more 19 year olds with potential.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 525

Post#28 » by Silver Man » Thu May 25, 2017 4:03 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

I think you're confusing OG (Anunoby) and Ojeleye. I was discussing Ojeleye in response to SacKingZZZ suggesting him at 10. The more I go back and forth on this the more convinced I am to trade back with Portland if Fox is taken at 5 and the choices left are Markkanen and Collins at 10.

Kings trade #10

Resign Lawson (interesting how Temple brought up his name as part of future in STR post).

I'd love to see that 2nd unit take it to 1st and 3rd units in practice to help them develop. The Kings would still be way under cap to facilitate trades for assets/picks and have their own lottery pick in 2018 and Portland's pick in 2019 via this trade. Harkless is a younger guy that can still develop and gives the team more length at SF to go along with Skal and WCS. Ojeleye for reasons SacKingZZZ mentioned could be a good fit. Bell's attitude and intangibles plus on court production especially defensively would be a great add and White is a combo guard with length and athleticism that can shoot and play D. Love Fox's attitude and charisma. All of the guys personalities coming in fit the direction the organization and us fans want. Ojeleye, Bell, and White while rookies are older and for roster construction is better than 3 more 19 year olds with potential.

This is a good theory and all stacking up on youth as much as possible, but how does this get us anywhere near the cap floor? We are going to be way off the cap floor as is this gets us even further away. I'm still a huge proponent of giving Porter the max to help us on the court and in the salary area.

As for 10 I'd go with Collins.
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#29 » by OhioKingsFan » Thu May 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Provided the Kings get a PG at #5, I'd only look to trade back at #10 if Ntilikina were the BPA. I'd take Markkanen in a heartbeat. Think of the fun it would be to watch offensive possessions with Buddy, Bogdanovic, Markkanen, and Skal spacing the floor for Fox to operate. That team would be a ton of fun to watch. Sure there would be defensive concerns, but it is so much easier to get defensive oriented wings in FA than elite 3 pt shooters.

So, if Markkanen were the BPA at #10 and the Kings were still looking at a glaring lack of SFs, I'd prefer to take Markkanen at #10 and then try to address SF on the trade market or in FA. Kosta Koufus for Moe Harkless? Cap space for DeMarre Carrol or Solomon Hill? I'd prefer those deals to adding 2 additional rookies to an already young team.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#30 » by blind prophet » Thu May 25, 2017 5:32 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Kings trade #10

Yeah I need to read your posts a little better, I did confuse Ojeleye for OG. Was pretty late and I was tired.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#31 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri May 26, 2017 12:49 am

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Kings trade #10

That would be a sweet combo of talent if the Kings did move back. It will be interesting to see if Ojeleye jumps up the board though as I think it's possible. He just strikes you as someone who is going to blow people away in workouts. I'm not sure his athletic gifts were properly showcased at SMU.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#32 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:55 am

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Kings trade #10

I think it way more than a reach to put Ojeleye in the top 25 let alone the top 10. Not saying that I wouldn't like him on my team but I think there are to many players more skilled and with better upside than he has. It's easy to get blinders on when looking at a position of need. I do it all the time. But I don't think any team is gonna move on him that aggressively. We'd be safe going after him with the 26th or 34th IMO.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#33 » by blind prophet » Fri May 26, 2017 1:38 am

You guys picking Lauri, well at least he has elite shooting potential. Makes me nervous as a prospect however.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#34 » by City of Trees » Fri May 26, 2017 1:42 am

So underwhelming.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#35 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri May 26, 2017 2:50 am

blind prophet wrote:You guys picking Lauri, well at least he has elite shooting potential. Makes me nervous as a prospect however.

It all relies on Fox IMO. If the Kings don't land Fox at 5 and go with one of the leftover SF's then Markkanen would be a no go for me. There is still realistically some opportunity for 1 other front court player. Tatum, Jackson, and Isaac will all most likely get minutes at the 4 so that would be impossible for Skal, Markkanen, and that SF to all get enough time to really showcase themselves.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#36 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri May 26, 2017 3:15 am

Please Dallas! Take Markkanen!
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#37 » by sacking123 » Fri May 26, 2017 3:31 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
blind prophet wrote:You guys picking Lauri, well at least he has elite shooting potential. Makes me nervous as a prospect however.

It all relies on Fox IMO. If the Kings don't land Fox at 5 and go with one of the leftover SF's then Markkanen would be a no go for me. There is still realistically some opportunity for 1 other front court player. Tatum, Jackson, and Isaac will all most likely get minutes at the 4 so that would be impossible for Skal, Markkanen, and that SF to all get enough time to really showcase themselves.

Agree on only if Fox is the selection, but he IS the selection in this scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#38 » by City of Trees » Fri May 26, 2017 6:26 am

***New Pick Alert***

I know the vote is over but I'd like to change my pick from Markkanen to Donovan Mitchell.

Mitchell has elite size for a combo guard, solid frame, and he had the fasted 3/4 court sprint at the combine- the guy is an athletic freak. I like his scoring ability.

He'll need to improve his desicion making and shot selection (too many long 2's) but all of his issues are coachable.

The Kings need two PG's and Fox/ Mitchell are two long n athletic rookies to fill that void. The defensive potential between the two is exciting.

Fox / Mitchell
Hield / Bogdonavic / Temple
? / Richardson
Skal / Tolliver / #34
WCS / Papa / Koufos

Also the Kings interviewed Mitchell at the combine so the interest, or curiosity, is there... https://youtu.be/ee-ErurCmW4

https://youtu.be/n1InPTVMBLc
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#39 » by sacking123 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am

City of Trees wrote:***New Pick Alert***

I know the vote is over but I'd like to change my pick from Markkanen to Donovan Mitchell.

Mitchell has elite size for a combo guard, solid frame, and he had the fasted 3/4 court sprint at the combine- the guy is an athletic freak. I like his scoring ability.

He'll need to improve his desicion making and shot selection (too many long 2's) but all of his issues are coachable.

The Kings need two PG's and Fox/ Mitchell are two long n athletic rookies to fill that void. The defensive potential between the two is exciting.

Fox / Mitchell
Hield / Bogdonavic / Temple
? / Richardson
Skal / Tolliver / #34
WCS / Papa / Koufos

Also the Kings interviewed Mitchell at the combine so the interest, or curiosity, is there... https://youtu.be/ee-ErurCmW4

https://youtu.be/n1InPTVMBLc

I could get on board with Mitchell for sure. I'm not sold on him but I wouldn't be unhappy if we went with him.
He seems like a pretty level headed guy too.
What do you think his fit would be like with Buddy and Skal?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#40 » by JohnWillow » Fri May 26, 2017 8:52 am

Miles Bridges with the 10th pick please.....

Spoiler:
wait he went back to college damn...
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.

Return to Sacramento Kings