Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Re: RE: Re: Rate our roster 

Post#41 » by Sactowndog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:25 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
You didn't read my entire post or didn't apply what you read to your thought process before formulating a response.

With Skal frame there is plenty of room to add muscle mass and functional strength to compete at the position. Like I said going from 215 to around 230 is something I expect to see happen in his young career.

Had a conversation and agree he can get to 230 but to be a 4-5 he needs to be 240-250. Giles is 235 as an example.

Not true at all. If you want, we can go back and forth sighting examples of guys who are doing the job at one weight or the other. Let's agree it's individual and save each other the trouble. I think that Skal can do a great job inside once he is more experienced and mature (physically and bball iq). I think ZBo will be a be influence on him.

How about we agree to disagree and hope one of us is right. I don't see him successful as a 4-5 and you don't see him as a 4-3 swing perimeter player. Let's hope we aren't both wrong and we can revisit this in a few years
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: RE: Re: Rate our roster 

Post#42 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:09 am

Sactowndog wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
Had a conversation and agree he can get to 230 but to be a 4-5 he needs to be 240-250. Giles is 235 as an example.

Not true at all. If you want, we can go back and forth sighting examples of guys who are doing the job at one weight or the other. Let's agree it's individual and save each other the trouble. I think that Skal can do a great job inside once he is more experienced and mature (physically and bball iq). I think ZBo will be a be influence on him.

How about we agree to disagree and hope one of us is right. I don't see him successful as a 4-5 and you don't see him as a 4-3 swing perimeter player. Let's hope we aren't both wrong and we can revisit this in a few years

I don't think he has to be one or the other. I think he can be an effective 4 that not only gets points on the perimeter and defends stretch 4s but also get in the paint, rebounds and plays weakside help defense. He will have times where he is the biggest guy on the court and when he is defending a wing player. The fact that people are trying to pin him in at this young age and experience level is beyond puzzling to me but whatever.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Sacramento Kings