ImageImageImageImageImage

the lineup dilemma

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Dlemma
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: the lineup dilemma 

Post#21 » by Dlemma » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:29 pm

VeganKingsFan wrote:I don't see Mason, Jackson or Giles in the rotation to start the season, but the other 12 players all have great cases to be in it. I'm intrigued to see who is in the rotation. Papa or Koufos? Malachi or Temple? It will probably be a 10 man rotation to start the season. My guess is: (minutes in parenthesis). The minutes are to start the season. Young players' minutes will go up as the season goes on.
PG: Hill(30) , Fox(18)
SG: Hield(30), Bogdanovic(18)
SF: Carter(24), Temple(24)
PF: Labissiere(28), Randolph(20)
C: Cauley-Stein(28), Koufos(20)

I see Richardson and Papagiannis overtaking Temple (or Carter if he isn't playing well) and Koufos, but the question is when. I don't really see Mason, Jackson and Giles playing with the big team until mid season, other than some spot call-ups. They will get some good development in with the G-League team.

I mostly agree with your minute allocation, except I see Frank Mason earning playing time while Joerger tinkers with lineups. With the likelihood that Hill goes down with injury at some point, it will be much easier to incorporate Mason if he's already seen time with the second unit.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Re: the lineup dilemma 

Post#22 » by lakerhater » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:25 pm

GSW fan here. Assuming Bogdanovic is as good as I think he'll be I'm intrigued by a Hill/Fox/Bogdanovic combo. Hill is the solid floor game vet who can do a little of everything. Fox is the young stud who gets into the lane at will and provides a solid defensive combo in the backcourt with Hill. Bogdanovic is the pure scorer who's D limitations are masked by the Hill/Fox combo with WCS as the last line of defense.

Return to Sacramento Kings