ImageImageImageImageImage

this sucks ! gasol traded to the lakers !

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,467

Post#13 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Feb 1, 2008 9:15 pm

KingInExile wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's called going into full rebuild. They move a huge contract for a sizable expiring and young prospect. They are also about to move Stro (another big contract) for a good, young prospect (maybe with more expirings involved). It's pretty clear to me what they are doing...they are doing what some of y'all around here have demanded that Petrie should do.

?????????????????????

They moved Swift for Jason Freaking Collins!!!! And you USUALLY rebuild with young players that you NEED. What do they need with JC when they have Lowry AND Conley to play PG? He's not a SG!
Bibbinator
Rookie
And1: 3

Post#14 » by Bibbinator » Fri Feb 1, 2008 9:18 pm

Memphis is just pissed they didn't get Oden/Durant so they're pissing off the rest of the league.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#15 » by Smills91 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 9:19 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No thanks on moving Hawes and Artest for Gasol. That is apparently waaaay overpaying.

Kings would get a lot better, and the Lakers still stuck with effing Kwame.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#16 » by Hoops23 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 9:21 pm

Smills91 wrote:Move Artest to the Heat for Williams/Wright
Move Hawes/our 8 pick to Memphis

We grab Gasol away fro the Lakers.

How is Williams/Hawes/Wright/OUR mid first round pick NOT a better deal than that load of garbage the Lakers put together.
Come on Smills! I
ethiosew
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#17 » by ethiosew » Fri Feb 1, 2008 9:22 pm

KingInExile wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's called going into full rebuild. They move a huge contract for a sizable expiring and young prospect. They are also about to move Stro (another big contract) for a good, young prospect (maybe with more expirings involved). It's pretty clear to me what they are doing...they are doing what some of y'all around here have demanded that Petrie should do.

yea obviously they're dumping a contract, but they could have gotten a better deal. what the hell they're going to do with another Point guard and LATE 1st round picks. atleast trade him to the EAST
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#18 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 1, 2008 9:23 pm

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kings would get a lot better, and the Lakers still stuck with effing Kwame.

You don't do things to spite other teams. You do things based on what you NEED to do, and what we need to do isn't too complicated right now. We just need to get some value out of Ron Artest, and hopefully move Kenny Thomas with him. We don't need to blow it up, or mortgage the future right now.

Gasol would interest me on the Kings for a few reasons but I don't want to give up any of the young talent we have to get him. Not when we should be turning this team over to that young talent pretty soon.

Bibby/Beno
Martin/Douby
Salmons/Garcia
???/Moore
Miller/Hawes/Williams

I'd be fine with that team going into next year.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#19 » by a-rod » Fri Feb 1, 2008 9:29 pm

Smills91 wrote:Move Artest to the Heat for Williams/Wright
Move Hawes/our 8 pick to Memphis

We grab Gasol away fro the Lakers.

How is Williams/Hawes/Wright/OUR mid first round [b]pick NOT a better deal than that load of garbage the Lakers put together[/b].

First of all how would know we were interested Gasol, and second we got webber in one of the most lopsided trades in NBA History. meaning we shouldn't be talking since we got tow hall famers for garbage.

anyway good luck for both teams.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#20 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Feb 1, 2008 9:40 pm

a-rod wrote:First of all how would know we were interested Gasol, and second we got webber in one of the most lopsided trades in NBA History. meaning we shouldn't be talking since we got tow hall famers for garbage.

anyway good luck for both teams.

???????????????????

Did you watch Kings basketball before Webber came here? Mitch Richmond was one of the best SG's in the LEAGUE. He NEVER averaged anything less than 20 PPG and showed NO signs of slowing down. It wasn't a terrible trade for Washington AT THE TIME. No one expected Mitch to get worse and suddenly fade out. Hell, even his first season there, he did like 18+ PPG.

The Gasol trade is ALREADY KNOWN as one of the WORST trades in NBA HISTORY. They didn't get ANYTHING they needed at all. ANYTHING.

AND IT MADE THE LAKERS. THE **** LAKERS. THE TITLE FAVORITES!
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#21 » by Smills91 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 9:42 pm

Hoops23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Come on Smills! I
Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Post#22 » by Crimson King » Fri Feb 1, 2008 9:47 pm

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I guess you have selective memory..I've offered up Kevin Martin for Gasol in my posts. Give me a break...I was ALL for trading for Gasol for a LONG while now...most my Kings dawgs will back me up on that.

And I've ever supported you with this idea. It's a freaking steal for the Lakers, IMO they're contenders now. Well, the Celtics-Lakers era come back 20 years later. Sorry for Lakers haters.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#23 » by Ballings7 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:09 pm

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:THE TITLE FAVORITES!

Woah, calm down with that.... Boston, Detroit, San Antonio, Dallas are still around, and possibly New Orleans (depending how they go in post-season and beyond). I don't include Phoenix because they're a pretender, and now have another balanced team to possibly deal with and eventually lose to.

The Lakers in general just got a lot better, but they still have to establish themselves as an elite team. A top title contender and team? Oh yeah. But they still haven't established themselves in the playoffs and over a full season yet, when they do that in the right way, the they'll be elite. That'll begin when Bynum gets back to play with the rest of the team.

Elite teams aren't made in a few months, only unless they make the finals or win the title later on that year. It's never been like the former. The Lakers aren't all of a sudden above all the other title contending teams in the league. That's overreacting a bit.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,474

Post#24 » by pillwenney » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:10 pm

The one positive I could see coming from this would be that other teams might be really looking to improve their rosters even more so now.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#25 » by Hoops23 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:11 pm

Smills wrote:I guess you have selective memory..I've offered up Kevin Martin for Gasol in my posts. Give me a break...I was ALL for trading for Gasol for a LONG while now...most my Kings dawgs will back me up on that.
Assuming you did offered K-Mart before but what I'm saying is the package you mentioned above of Gasol for Hawes, Artest and a '08 pick which I truly doubt you will agree to it in a trade discussion prior to the Gasol trade. Show me a post of yours in the past which is close to that deal, and then I will agree with you.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#26 » by Ballings7 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:13 pm

Well another positive is that'll make for even more good and intriguing basketball. Regardless of how somebody feels about the Lakers.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#27 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:18 pm

Ballings7 wrote:Well another positive is that'll make for even more good and intriguing basketball. Regardless of how somebody feels about the Lakers.

If "good and intriguing basketball" is important to you, why not just put all the All-Stars on 10 different teams, while the rest rebuild? I mean...it would be "good and intriguing basketball"...
Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Post#28 » by Crimson King » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:47 pm

It could be the moment to do a Artest/KT for Odom deal.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#29 » by Ballings7 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:49 pm

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:If "good and intriguing basketball" is important to you, why not just put all the All-Stars on 10 different teams, while the rest rebuild? I mean...it would be "good and intriguing basketball"...

As a fan of the league too, it's definitely relevant and important to me. As well as a given each season.

But you're exaggerating what I said. What I meant simply was Gasol going to the Lakers will only create bigger, better, and more exciting games and playoff series. It just adds to what was already there and would be there in the future.

So in that respect, it absolutely is another positive from this trade. Maybe not for you, but for many others.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

gasol 

Post#30 » by dozencousins » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:05 pm

personally i am not upset the kings did not get gasol at all i dont believe he was the right fit for us and his salary is to high for what we are looking to do as a franchise !
i am just upset that the L.A.FAKERS got him !

i hope he breaks his leg ! lol,lol :evil:
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#31 » by KingInExile » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:22 pm

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

?????????????????????

They moved Swift for Jason Freaking Collins!!!! And you USUALLY rebuild with young players that you NEED. What do they need with JC when they have Lowry AND Conley to play PG? He's not a SG!

For some reason I thought Josh Boon was also in the mix...maybe I was hallucinating (working Fridays does that to me).
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#32 » by KingInExile » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:27 pm

ethiosew wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yea obviously they're dumping a contract, but they could have gotten a better deal. what the hell they're going to do with another Point guard and LATE 1st round picks. atleast trade him to the EAST

Having a bunch of young guys at the same position is not a bad thing, it gives them options and assets for future deals.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.

Return to Sacramento Kings