Post#1 » by David Worthy » Mon May 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Knicks select WCS with the 4th pick.
Then sign FA Rajon Rondo + FA Power Forward like Amir Johnson or Thaddeus Young

Rajon Rondo
Tim Hardaway
Carmelo
Amir Johnson
WCS

Decent enough to make the playoffs in the East?
TRKO
Junior
And1: 119

Re: Knicks diferent offseason scenario 

Post#2 » by TRKO » Mon May 25, 2015 7:19 pm

WCS is too one dimensional for me to pick at 4. If I'm the Knicks I go for Winslow provided Okafor, Towns, and Russell are all gone. I also stay as far away from Rondo as I can. He isn't good anymore.
David Worthy
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#3 » by David Worthy » Mon May 25, 2015 7:53 pm

I believe Rondo can bounce back from that disastrous time in Dallas. I think he signs with the Lakers or Knicks this offseason.
WCS has potential to become that DPOY anchor for the Knicks.
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#4 » by majortom71 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:43 pm

WCS is a reach at 4th pick they will probably get Mudaiy and hit FA hard.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,310

Post#5 » by DirtyDez » Mon May 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Signing DeAndre and drafting Russell or Mudiay is a good start. They'd have room to sign another big FA the following summer.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
David Worthy
Ballboy

Post#6 » by David Worthy » Mon May 25, 2015 9:01 pm

DirtyDez wrote:Signing DeAndre and drafting Russell or Mudiay is a good start. They'd have room to sign another big FA the following summer.

That's another scenario I tought about. Drafting Mudiay and then signing DJ, which would be even better. But I just don't see DJ wanting to go to the Knicks.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,165

Post#7 » by brackdan70 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:29 pm

David Worthy wrote:Knicks select WCS with the 4th pick.
Then sign FA Rajon Rondo + FA Power Forward like Amir Johnson or Thaddeus Young

Rajon Rondo
Tim Hardaway
Carmelo
Amir Johnson
WCS

Decent enough to make the playoffs in the East?

Rondo is a bit of a conundrum at this point. He has not been a positive contributor for over 2 years. I like to think he will bounce back but I am not sure. Could the above team be 8 seed in the east. sure, there is a chance, but it could also really be bad. I think drafting WCS would be a good move for the Knicks though.
Sign here
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#8 » by mos_def » Mon May 25, 2015 9:32 pm

David Worthy wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:Signing DeAndre and drafting Russell or Mudiay is a good start. They'd have room to sign another big FA the following summer.

That's another scenario I tought about. Drafting Mudiay and then signing DJ, which would be even better. But I just don't see DJ wanting to go to the Knicks.

I think that scenario is horrible, MO. DJ cant shoot FTs. All he does is dunk. He has no low post game. Mudiay would be decent but the team still wont have 3pt shooters on the team.

Im not saying they should, but Kevin Love would be better in NYK than DJ
David Worthy
Ballboy

Post#9 » by David Worthy » Mon May 25, 2015 10:43 pm

mos_def wrote:
David Worthy wrote:

I think that scenario is horrible, MO. DJ cant shoot FTs. All he does is dunk. He has no low post game. Mudiay would be decent but the team still wont have 3pt shooters on the team.

Carmelo can carry the load offensively. DJ would be there for the defense and the dunks. Of course Knicks wouldn't go very far in the playoffs without a 2nd scoring option. But a couple of 3pt role players + Mudiay developing a nice offensive arsenal could work.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#10 » by mos_def » Mon May 25, 2015 11:28 pm

David Worthy wrote:
mos_def wrote:
David Worthy wrote:

Carmelo can carry the load offensively. DJ would be there for the defense and the dunks. Of course Knicks wouldn't go very far in the playoffs without a 2nd scoring option. But a couple of 3pt role players + Mudiay developing a nice offensive arsenal could work.

I guess it can but NYK would still need a PF to offset Jordan's lack of low post game. NYK was last in the NBA in scoring.
David Worthy
Ballboy

Post#11 » by David Worthy » Wed May 27, 2015 6:33 pm

And just like that 8-)
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,183

Post#12 » by Notanoob » Thu May 28, 2015 3:54 am

WCS+ signing Greg Monroe is ideal IMO (within reason). WCS has freakish mobility and can be their KG on defense and Tyson Chandler on offense- people won't help off of him for fear of an alley-oop, while on defense he'll be able to attack perimeter players and still recover in time to protect the rim. Greg Monroe has a wonderful post game and his passing makes him a perfect fit in the triangle offense. He'll be able to create looks for Carmelo and other shooters like Hardaway. Blow some money on a guard like Danny Green to help out WCS on defense and they'll have a watchable offense and should be passable on defense.

Adding an athletic PG who can't shoot isn't going to take the Knicks anywhere in a league loaded with PGs.
SilentScream
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#13 » by SilentScream » Thu May 28, 2015 7:35 am

Even if you get past Rondo's potential locker room baggage, which I wouldn't be able to do, I'm not entirely convinced he's an ideal fit in the triangle. If I remember correctly, he admitted that he hasn't been the defender he used to be these last few seasons. In addition, he'd present spacing problems that an already struggling team would need to cover for. Unless WCS turns out to be a revelation on offense, that further compounds the problem. Rondo would present too many complications both on and off the court to justify signing, especially if he has a high asking price.
David Worthy
Ballboy

Post#14 » by David Worthy » Thu May 28, 2015 9:17 am

This summer there isn't a lot of FA point guards available. If they didn't go for Rondo, they probably could only go after Lin, Brooks or RFA Brandon Knight (probably overpaying him).
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#15 » by DowNY » Fri May 29, 2015 5:15 am

David Worthy wrote:Image

And just like that 8-)

Smokescreen.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#16 » by doordoor123 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:55 am

DowNY wrote:
David Worthy wrote:Image

And just like that 8-)

Smokescreen.

Yeah, unless they trade down, I don't see it happening. However, I could see them trading with the Kings. Otherwise I don't think they're getting Cauley Stein because I believe he's the Kings number one choice.

I also don't think they're taking Winslow at all. Tobias Harris AND DeMarre Carroll are interested in joining the team. Then combine that with Hardaway, Early, Antetokounmpo and Anthony and your wing position is pretty filled. Of course, I wouldn't put it past Phil to get rid of everyone after last season. I just don't think WCS or Winslow will go there.

Return to NBA Draft