Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

_BBIB_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Re: Ricky Rubio Now... 

Post#121 » by _BBIB_ » Wed May 19, 2010 4:55 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
jumanji wrote:
_BBIB_ wrote:Anyone who said the Thunder should have taken Rubio because Westbrook isn't a PG almost looks as bad as I did when I called Durant, Adam Morrison

I didnt see Rubio in OKC but was surprised actually that he last till the 5th pick. Let's not crown Westbrook as anything great just yet.

Rubio + Westbrook (at the 2) might very well have been a better option than Westbrook + Harden.

You guys cannot be serious. Westbrook flat out established himself as a top 10 PG knocking on the door of being bonafide top 5 last year and you all are saying that him playing another position could have been more effective?

The Thunder are in absolutely great shape right now. James Harden is a very versatile 2 and a great defender, as well as Jeff Green.

The Thunder's only weakness right now is youth. If Ibaka progresses this team could win a championship as soon as next year. If BJ Mullens ever turned out to be worth anything or if they could lure a solid FA, they could win multiple championships.
Shaheen wrote:You wanna make a sig bet that Horford will not win this year? They will not even hit .500. Book it.
:lol:
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#122 » by dunkonu21 » Wed May 19, 2010 7:23 pm

I'm a fan of Holiday, but there is not way he will be as good as Rubio. Only Evans and Griffin have a chance to be better, with Curry as a close 4th behind Rube Cube.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#123 » by Esohny » Wed May 19, 2010 7:37 pm

_BBIB_ wrote:You guys cannot be serious. Westbrook flat out established himself as a top 10 PG knocking on the door of being bonafide top 5 last year and you all are saying that him playing another position could have been more effective?

The Thunder are in absolutely great shape right now. James Harden is a very versatile 2 and a great defender, as well as Jeff Green.

The Thunder's only weakness right now is youth. If Ibaka progresses this team could win a championship as soon as next year. If BJ Mullens ever turned out to be worth anything or if they could lure a solid FA, they could win multiple championships.

The Thunder aren't winning a championship with Green as their starting PF, or Mullens as the C. So if by Ibaka "progressing," you mean he suddenly becomes a legit star post threat who can actually free up Durant on the perimeter, then I guess it could happen. But the chances of that are pretty slim. They need to make a move or somehow lure a serious free agent to the middle of nowhere.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
borisadmin
Junior
And1: 3

Post#124 » by borisadmin » Thu May 20, 2010 8:28 am

Italia Raps Fan wrote:
Buckets19 wrote:Wow.. what's with the anti-Rubio steam? EddieJonesFan is right, have you guys watched this kid play an actual game? He's a special talent and he's just 19 years old.

From my memory Nikos Zisis and Sani Becirovic were every bit as good or better at age 19 and played the same position in Europe this decade. They just didn't play in Spain so they did not get the same situation like hype from the ACB, NBA and the Spanish national team and playing in a big club at age 19 in a role with a contract that forces it.

This is crazy. From my memory both Zisis and Becirovic were not only more marginal PG prospects, but were clearly seen by NBA scouts as a liability in the NBA on the defensive side of the ball, which is why Becirovic went in the 2nd round and Zisis never showed up in the NBA. The thing about Rubio as an NBA prospect is not his skill level / vision / passing ability, though these are all exceptional. He is 6'5" with long arms and incredible quickness and athleticism. He needs some bulk, but he has the tools to be at the upper end of NBA defenders. You are making it sound like there are fifty guards as good as Rubio in Europe but the reality is that almost none of them have the physical tools to succeed in the NBA that Rubio does.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#125 » by shangrila » Thu May 20, 2010 1:58 pm

_BBIB_ wrote:The Thunder are in absolutely great shape right now. James Harden is a very versatile 2 and a great defender, as well as Jeff Green.

They're average to below average. Harden puts in effort but won't ever be able to overcome his physical short comings to be a great defender. And Green is horrible defensively at power forward, that goes without saying.

If by progress you mean explode, maybe. But other then that they don't really have a shot next season. I get they didn't get swept but it doesn't mean they're any closer to a championship.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#126 » by Krapinsky » Thu May 20, 2010 4:01 pm

_BBIB_ wrote:
You guys cannot be serious. Westbrook flat out established himself as a top 10 PG knocking on the door of being bonafide top 5 last year and you all are saying that him playing another position could have been more effective?

All I'm saying is I think Westbrook has the skills to also be a very good 2 guard.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.

Return to NBA Draft