Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,391

Please Read: Mock Drafts 

Post#1 » by magee » Fri May 21, 2010 6:55 pm

We created the Mock Draft forum for anyone to post their mock drafts leading up to the NBA Draft. It was created because the first couple pages of the NBA Draft Forum was littered with just Mock Drafts. It was very difficult to siphon through them to discuss the players and anything else draft-related. Please adhere to this. I don't mean to be a prick and I'm sure it comes across that way. Just don't want the board to be littered with Mock Drafts again when there is a forum for them.

Thank You.
demens
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Please Read: Mock Drafts 

Post#2 » by demens » Fri May 21, 2010 10:16 pm

I agree that fan Mocks should go there but why did you lock my thread about Chad Fords mock? The guy is a pro that certainly has more inside info then all the fans here combined. Why should people need to siphon through a bunch of irrelevant fan mocks that the Mock sub section is littered with to find some useful info?
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by magee » Sun May 23, 2010 10:52 pm

We can sticky something like that in the M.D. Forum, but it's still a discussion about a Mock Draft, which should reside in the Mock Draft Forum. When his next Mock gets released, you can start a new thread in the M.D. Forum and I'll sticky it for you. I'll also see if I can move your thread to the forum and sticky it.
writersblock
General Manager
And1: 61

Post#4 » by writersblock » Tue May 25, 2010 3:49 pm

Thanks for keeping this forum up. Mock drafts are one of my favorite times of the year. Will RealGM be doing any special mock contest again? I remember winning a shirt a few years ago, and wearing my RealGM colors with pride...

On a side note: I'm doing some research for my work at a university on people's involvement in basketball forums like this, and their connection to the NBA, how they hope to give their voice to NBA decisions (like who to draft), etc. I could REALLY use some help with anyone who might have a few minutes to chat either by phone or on skype.

Here's my contact info: bgsmithphd at gmail dot com

thanks!
WritersBlock/Brian
Globe-trotting and shenaniganizing, traveling the world and taking names...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6CtlAxAIaA_NQBQCuz3q1w?sub_confirmation=1
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by magee » Tue May 25, 2010 5:28 pm

I'll look into that. There might be.

Your best bet is to PM random users and get their thoughts.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#6 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue May 25, 2010 8:39 pm

You can only PM mods...
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#7 » by Foye » Wed May 26, 2010 12:29 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:You can only PM mods...

vc4p 4 mod :rocking:
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#8 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed May 26, 2010 9:09 pm

I think I have too many suspensions. :)
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#9 » by Cammo101 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:56 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I think I have too many suspensions. :)

I got my first board warning today. I'm all grown up. :lol:
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#10 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri May 28, 2010 6:04 am

Cammo101 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:I think I have too many suspensions. :)

I got my first board warning today. I'm all grown up. :lol:

ballinboxer
Ballboy

Post#11 » by ballinboxer » Sun May 30, 2010 10:31 pm

http://www.realgm.com/src_checkdraft.php?draftid=227882

if that link works, tell me what you would change
demens
Banned User

Post#12 » by demens » Tue Jun 1, 2010 12:43 am

Fine, i wont post any more Insider mocks, have fun discussing user mocks. I dont see why you couldn't just move the thread into the sub-section and had to lock it.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,353

Post#13 » by SeattleJazzFan » Tue Jun 1, 2010 3:22 am

magee, funny that you locked the Chad Ford mock draft thread and said "not hard to do"...Just a little condescending perhaps, especially considering you weren't very clear in your instructions...

We created the Mock Draft forum for anyone to post their mock drafts leading up to the NBA Draft.

The way I read that part in bold, you're telling RGMers that if they want to post their own mocks, they should post them there. Unless Chad Ford is a RGM member and his username is demens, it sure seems to me that the Chad Ford 3rd mock thread doesn't fall under that distinction.
demens
Banned User

Post#14 » by demens » Tue Jun 1, 2010 5:00 am

SeattleJazzFan wrote:magee, funny that you locked the Chad Ford mock draft thread and said "not hard to do"...Just a little condescending perhaps, especially considering you weren't very clear in your instructions...

We created the Mock Draft forum for anyone to post their mock drafts leading up to the NBA Draft.

The way I read that part in bold, you're telling RGMers that if they want to post their own mocks, they should post them there. Unless Chad Ford is a RGM member and his username is demens, it sure seems to me that the Chad Ford 3rd mock thread doesn't fall under that distinction.

This was his reply...
We can sticky something like that in the M.D. Forum, but it's still a discussion about a Mock Draft, which should reside in the Mock Draft Forum.

I for one, maybe went into the Mock Draft Forum 2 times and spent a total of 20 seconds checking out some of the thread titles. I definitely dont plan on ever looking through it again let alone post in it. I guess Fords mocks aren't that interesting to people.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by SeattleJazzFan » Tue Jun 1, 2010 2:03 pm

demens wrote:I for one, maybe went into the Mock Draft Forum 2 times and spent a total of 20 seconds checking out some of the thread titles. I definitely dont plan on ever looking through it again let alone post in it. I guess Fords mocks aren't that interesting to people.

No, they are interesting to people - that was proven by the amount of responses in the thread before magee decided to lock it. I think this is a bit of a powertrip by magee as he wants people to use the cute little forum he advertised (created?).
demens
Banned User

Post#16 » by demens » Tue Jun 1, 2010 3:37 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:No, they are interesting to people - that was proven by the amount of responses in the thread before magee decided to lock it. I think this is a bit of a powertrip by magee as he wants people to use the cute little forum he advertised (created?).

I think so too, I notice there is a lot of things like that all over the boards.
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by magee » Wed Jun 2, 2010 4:53 am

Ford's 3.0 Mock Draft topic created by demens moved to Mock Draft forums.

SeattleJazzFan, I didn't create the M.D. forum. I only help manage it. My job here is to Moderate. If is something that says "Mock Draft" in the thread title, and there is a "Mock Draft" forum, yet the thread is not in the "Mock Draft" forum, just seems like it should be there. And there are no pictures of kittens or lilies that make any board on RealGM "cute," unless I'm missing something.

To be honest, regardless if those feel I'm being a self-righteous prick, I'm doing my job. I am disrespected when I ask someone to not post something that has to do with a Mock Draft, that even says Mock Draft in the thread title, in the NBA Draft forum. If you feel I am being a prick, I'm sorry. Just trying to keep player discussions more prudent on the NBA Draft forum than discussion about a Mock Draft that can go in a forum about Mock Drafts.

Yes, it pertains to discussing the NBA Draft. But it is about a Mock Draft. The Mock Draft forum was created for topics like this.
demens
Banned User

Post#18 » by demens » Wed Jun 2, 2010 2:37 pm

I randomly browsed a few team boards on the forums here. And i saw a few that had Fords mock posted as well. And those created a lot of discussion then i see here in the Draft Forum. I mean A LOT, like times 10. I wonder why that is.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by SeattleJazzFan » Wed Jun 2, 2010 2:40 pm

magee wrote:Ford's 3.0 Mock Draft topic created by demens moved to Mock Draft forums.

SeattleJazzFan, I didn't create the M.D. forum. I only help manage it. My job here is to Moderate. If is something that says "Mock Draft" in the thread title, and there is a "Mock Draft" forum, yet the thread is not in the "Mock Draft" forum, just seems like it should be there. And there are no pictures of kittens or lilies that make any board on RealGM "cute," unless I'm missing something.

To be honest, regardless if those feel I'm being a self-righteous prick, I'm doing my job. I am disrespected when I ask someone to not post something that has to do with a Mock Draft, that even says Mock Draft in the thread title, in the NBA Draft forum. If you feel I am being a prick, I'm sorry. Just trying to keep player discussions more prudent on the NBA Draft forum than discussion about a Mock Draft that can go in a forum about Mock Drafts.

Yes, it pertains to discussing the NBA Draft. But it is about a Mock Draft. The Mock Draft forum was created for topics like this.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. IMO, Ford's mock, a DX mock or NBADraft.net mock wouldn't fall under the category you described in this thread.
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by magee » Wed Jun 2, 2010 6:13 pm

demens, those fans of teams talk about that team. Generally, they're discuss those things on the same board. Raptor fans aren't going to go to a Bobcats board and discuss a topic like that unless someone mentions the Raptors. That's just the way it is.

SeattleJazzFan, I completely understand your side. But before the M.D. forum was created, I had to go to into page 2 and 3 within the week leading up to the draft to find any discussion on a player because the board was filled with mock drafts. While the main media moguls don't fall under the Mock Draft category, I can't see why their Mock Drafts, Version 3.0 or updated Mocks, can't or don't. Like you said, agree to disagree.

Return to NBA Draft