Is Harrison Barnes really that good?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Re: Is Harrison Barnes really that good? 

Post#61 » by noobcake » Wed Dec 1, 2010 5:59 am

Aside from his less than elite athleticism and inability to make shots, Barnes has looked alright.

Not Pre-Season McD All-American
Not Pre-Season National Player of the Year
Not SI's Best NCAA College Basketball Freshmen of All Time
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#62 » by shangrila » Thu Dec 2, 2010 10:12 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:^^The problem is, I want a franchise changing stud with the #1, or even a top 5 to even 10 pick, not a 16ppg Shane Battier...

I kind of expect his play to improve as the season goes on and guys like Kendall Marshall get more playing time, but I see what you're saying.

Honestly, after you watch him you can see he's capable of more. He's a lot more raw then most sites gave him credit for but things like his jump shot look like they could be awesome, with work. Add to that his fantastic attitude and work ethic and I think that if he slips this year he'll make whoever picks him very happy.
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Post#63 » by Jazzfan12 » Thu Dec 2, 2010 4:27 pm

shangrila wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:^^The problem is, I want a franchise changing stud with the #1, or even a top 5 to even 10 pick, not a 16ppg Shane Battier...

I kind of expect his play to improve as the season goes on and guys like Kendall Marshall get more playing time, but I see what you're saying.

Honestly, after you watch him you can see he's capable of more. He's a lot more raw then most sites gave him credit for but things like his jump shot look like they could be awesome, with work. Add to that his fantastic attitude and work ethic and I think that if he slips this year he'll make whoever picks him very happy.

You can say all of these things about Gordon Hayward as well and he's not close to a #1 overall pick.

Return to NBA Draft