Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Is Derrick Williams like Beasley? 

Post#21 » by Ruzious » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Point-God wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Point-God wrote:People like to focus on similar prospects that went on to have success in the NBA, well I want to list two prospects that haven't found success in the NBA.
1. Rodney White
2. Dajuan Summers

At least give reason for comparing them. Summers is an awful comparison. He was just an okay college player, and he didn't have close to the mobility inside that Williams has. White was one of the most inconsistent and lazy players I've seen, but still scored about 16 points a game in the NBA.

You clearly have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Rodney White 16 ppg in the NBA? :lol:
He had a career average of 7.1 ppg and his highest season average was 9.0 ppg. If you had any credibility you flushed it down the toilet.

Per 36 minutes - my mistake. http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ero02.html

Credibility? We're giving opinions here - not running for public office. And you still haven't given reasons for your opinions.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Point-God
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#22 » by Point-God » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:08 pm

It should have automatically registered in your brain that there was no way he ever averaged 16 ppg in the NBA. It's almost as if you never saw him play, but googled your opinion just to have something to post. :lol:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#23 » by Ruzious » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Point-God wrote:It should have automatically registered in your brain that there was no way he ever averaged 16 ppg in the NBA. It's almost as if you never saw him play, but googled your opinion just to have something to post. :lol:

Googled my opinion?

Dude, you're coming across as either (Please Use More Appropriate Word) or on drugs. If you want to show otherwise, get back on topic and give reasons why you think Derrick Williams is like Rodney White and Dajuan Summers. How bout it, Champ? Can you do that for us?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
RipCityBlazer
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#24 » by RipCityBlazer » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:24 am

Dont waste you're time on Point-God, dude is (Please Use More Appropriate Word). "People like to focus on similar prospects that went on to have success in the NBA." That is the logical way to assess someones talents.

On topic: I overrated Williams in my last post and didnt have to see him against Sullinger to see him against solid bigs. He got worked in the SC and LA game. Against Reeves Nelson and Josh Smith, he didnt really power through like he normally does and was pretty useless in the 2nd half. Disappointed he didnt put up a fight but I'll take the win.
UCLA Bruins Portland Trailblazers SD Chargers
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#25 » by babyjax13 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:31 am

A motivated Rodney White would have been a fantastic player in the NBA. I don't think Williams has that kind of potential, but he certainly could be a rich man's Warrick (better on the perimeter, just as athletic, not as strong yet but has a good frame).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#26 » by BigSlam » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:14 am

I posted this on our board, wanted to float it here as well:

Derrick Williams is averaging 20ppg for Arizona - which is impressive enough, but then you realize he is doing that on only 9 fga's per game and it pretty much blows your mind!!

To put it into perspective (and I know it's the kids Vs the men) but there are only two guys averaging 20ppg in the NBA (plenty averaging more than 20ppg, but only two averaging 20ppg) and they are Z-Bo and Rudy Gay.

Thing is, Z-Bo needs 17 fga's to get his 20ppg and Rudy needs 16.

Furthermore, there is no scorer in the NBA today from the top 25 (which range from 16ppg - CP3 to 29ppg - KD) that are doing it on single figure fga's per game.

THe closest is Billups who is averaging 17ppg on 11 fga's per game.
B B M F 'ers
brassviews
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#27 » by brassviews » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Williams plays like Lamar Odom. However, he looks more poised than Odom as a player. Meaning, he could become a star in the NBA.
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#28 » by TucsonClip » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 pm

brassviews wrote:Williams plays like Lamar Odom. However, he looks more poised than Odom as a player. Meaning, he could become a star in the NBA.

He doesnt play anything like Odom.

First of all, Odom played PG for the Clippers.

Second, even today's Odom is far more skilled than Derrick. Williams plays with aggression and body control. He isnt afraid of contact and usually gets good position on the block or shows his finesse and finishing ability off the dribble.

If Odom played with Williams toughness, he would be a perennial All-Star.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
brassviews
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#29 » by brassviews » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:14 pm

TucsonClip wrote:
brassviews wrote:Williams plays like Lamar Odom. However, he looks more poised than Odom as a player. Meaning, he could become a star in the NBA.

He doesnt play anything like Odom.

First of all, Odom played PG for the Clippers.

Second, even today's Odom is far more skilled than Derrick. Williams plays with aggression and body control. He isnt afraid of contact and usually gets good position on the block or shows his finesse and finishing ability off the dribble.

If Odom played with Williams toughness, he would be a perennial All-Star.

Whatever you say, bud....
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#30 » by TucsonClip » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:59 pm

brassviews wrote:

How many games have you seen Williams play? Ive seen every single one.

He plays nothing like Lamar Odom and doesnt even have half the ball handling skills Odom has.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,065

Post#31 » by tidho » Fri Mar 4, 2011 3:02 pm

Alfred wrote:He reminds me of Marion a bit.

This is what I was thinking too. Williams is an upgraded Marion.
Rapture
Sophomore

Post#32 » by Rapture » Sat Mar 5, 2011 3:56 pm

I haven't seen enough of D-Will but do u think he's any similar to Kenyon Martin before the injuries? Of course his defense isn't on Martin's level but i think he has more polished offensive game.
Kingsforlife
Banned User

Post#33 » by Kingsforlife » Sun Mar 6, 2011 1:44 am

Chad Ford lists him at 6'7 210,if thats true pretty big deal
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Post#34 » by Jazzfan12 » Sun Mar 6, 2011 2:01 am

Kingsforlife wrote:Chad Ford lists him at 6'7 210,if thats true pretty big deal

Ford listed Favors at 210 last year.
Kingsforlife
Banned User

Post#35 » by Kingsforlife » Sun Mar 6, 2011 2:14 am

Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#36 » by Slartibartfast » Sun Mar 6, 2011 2:36 am

The David West and Paul Milsap comparisons are dead-on. Undersized, face-up power forwards with speed and power off the bounce and excellent touch once they get to the rack. Williams shooting touch is probably the best of the bunch though. The guy might be a 40% 3pt shooter in the NBA with that feathery stroke. A very rich man's Ryan Gomes.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#37 » by BigSlam » Sun Mar 6, 2011 5:36 am

Hakim Warrick with a jump shot.
B B M F 'ers
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#38 » by Catchall » Sun Mar 6, 2011 6:10 am

Larry Johnson pre-injury.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Point-God
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#39 » by Point-God » Sun Mar 6, 2011 9:05 am

TucsonClip wrote:
brassviews wrote:

How many games have you seen Williams play? Ive seen every single one.

He plays nothing like Lamar Odom and doesnt even have half the ball handling skills Odom has.

I've learned that some people on here are very young basketball fans. You literally have some people who have only seen Odom play in a Lakers uniform. For those people, I can see how they could compare Odom to Williams. But for people like myself that seen Odom play in the McDonald's game, I think anyone that would compare Odom and Williams is out of their mind! :o
baulderdash77
Lead Assistant
And1: 235

Post#40 » by baulderdash77 » Sun Mar 6, 2011 2:48 pm

Catchall wrote:Larry Johnson pre-injury.

Let's not get carried away. LJ pre-injury was the most explosive forward in the NBA.

Return to NBA Draft