Austin Rivers
30%

Total votes: 105

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Re: Bradley Beal vs. Austin Rivers 

Post#121 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:12 am

sipclip wrote:He is also trying to be a little to unselfish when attacking the basket because he is looking for his teammates when he has the opportunity to take a wide open pull up jumper or floater from around 10 feet.

:lol:

I'm not even that down on this kid. He's a freshman trying to adjust his playing style and he has a lot to like that makes him a nice long term prospect for the pros, but this right here.... this **** right here?!

Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#122 » by sipclip » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:35 am

Nice post idiot. What I said is 100% spot on and if watch him play then you would see it. Most of you guys watched one game and wanted to talk trash and ignore the fact that Rivers is an awesome prospect and playing better than virtually every freshman in the country. To this point in the season Beal and Rivers have been the two best freshmen in the country over Anthony Davis.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#123 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:54 pm

sipclip wrote:Nice post idiot. What I said is 100% spot on and if watch him play then you would see it. Most of you guys watched one game and wanted to talk trash and ignore the fact that Rivers is an awesome prospect and playing better than virtually every freshman in the country. To this point in the season Beal and Rivers have been the two best freshmen in the country over Anthony Davis.

And the old, "You don't watch the games. I do. Your opinion is stupid and means nothing. I'm a basketball genius. I keep game film on beta video cassettes of Dino Radja layup drills. I have lunch 3 days a week with Todd Day. You stupid pathetic idiot!"...Yeah... that's not going to help your case...
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#124 » by bigboi » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:29 pm

What do you guys think about Kentvious Caldwell-Pope?
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
JamesNaismith
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#125 » by JamesNaismith » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Beal and Rivers have been the best 2 freshman so far?!?!?

Buwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Especially not Rivers; just awful!
BigBaller
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#126 » by BigBaller » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:35 am

JamesNaismith wrote:Beal and Rivers have been the best 2 freshman so far?!?!?

Agreed Austin Rivers is overrated.
lilojmayo
Veteran
And1: 356

Post#127 » by lilojmayo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:28 am

BigBaller wrote:
JamesNaismith wrote:Beal and Rivers have been the best 2 freshman so far?!?!?

Agreed Austin Rivers is overrated.

I am slowly jumping on the Rivers bandwagon. He is a really good slasher. he was never projected as a multi dimensional playmaking guard, so I won't use that against him. He really can score the basketball, and has legit NBA range on his 3 point shot. he slashes really well off the high pick and roll, and has great change of pace. He is going to be able to get the FT line a lot in the NBA.

He has more of an NBA game to him. I am starting to see some Eric Gordon in Austin because of that slashing ability, while having legit NBA range.
OJ Mayo , Michael Jordan , Allen Iverson.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#128 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:19 am

Rivers left on the bench for the most critical part of the game.

Finally Coach K pulling back the reigns, hell he looked like he lost a lot of trust in him tonight.
glenclose
Junior
And1: 0

Post#129 » by glenclose » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:36 am

from what ive seen thus far i take beal. theres a lot of ball left to be played this season but i take beal on this one
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#130 » by mattg » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:28 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Rivers left on the bench for the most critical part of the game.

Finally Coach K pulling back the reigns, hell he looked like he lost a lot of trust in him tonight.

I think you're seeing something that isn't there honestly. Rivers had 4 fouls, so Thorton comes in. Then, Thorton plays really well in those minutes, causing havoc defensively for Kansas' backcourt and then hitting 2 threes in the last 2 minutes...why would you take a guy who's playing that well out of the game?

Rivers played pretty well. His decision making when he penetrates gets better every game and he still gets to the rim at will. By March, he's going to be really really tough on offense.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#131 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:22 pm

I think you're seeing what you want honestly.

Rivers was left on the bench before Thornton hit those 3's with about 3 or 4 minutes to go max and I may be overestimating.

What was Coach K saving him and his last foul for the last 45 seconds and then in the minute and fifteen before that Thornton went off?

Sure Thornton played quite well, he's an excellent role player at the college level, but the obvious point is why was Rivers on the bench to begin with?

Again, I'm not even that down on his long term prospects, but you guys who are slurping this kid in his present form amaze me, you throw out what's blatantly in front of your eyes just to keep fanboying it up.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#132 » by mattg » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:02 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I think you're seeing what you want honestly.

Rivers was left on the bench before Thornton hit those 3's with about 3 or 4 minutes to go max and I may be overestimating.

What was Coach K saving him and his last foul for the last 45 seconds and then in the minute and fifteen before that Thornton went off?

Sure Thornton played quite well, he's an excellent role player at the college level, but the obvious point is why was Rivers on the bench to begin with?

Again, I'm not even that down on his long term prospects, but you guys who are slurping this kid in his present form amaze me, you throw out what's blatantly in front of your eyes just to keep fanboying it up.

Thorton was forcing turnovers left and right, thats why he was still in with a few minutes left. Rivers goes out because of fouls, and the guy that comes in plays great. Duke needed defense more than offense at that point of the game and Thorton was all over the place. Coach K probably was going to put Rivers back in with like 3 mins to go, but like I said, you don't take out a guy who's playing great to put in Rivers under those circumstances.

You're the one making ridiculous inferences like Coach K doesn't trust Rivers. Unless you don't like the guy, I just don't see how you can come away with that impression. Coach K had no problem giving Rivers the ball offensively during the 2nd half stretch run when Duke needed to keep scoring until Rivers picked up the 4th foul. Only a foolish coach would take out his best defensive guard with the lead, in the last few minutes, to put in a guy with 4 fouls who's been sitting on the bench for a few minutes.
Ca
Pro Prospect
And1: 169

Post#133 » by Ca » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:16 am

Haven't seen Beal but Rivers looks like he plays under the rim too much for my taste. Wouldn't take him.
HeyIt'sMe
Lead Assistant
And1: 127

Post#134 » by HeyIt'sMe » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:36 am

Beal is really impressive, and he hasn't even started to shoot the three like he's capable of - complete player.
7-Day Dray
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#135 » by 7-Day Dray » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:38 am

What does everybody think of the Jamal Crawford comparison for Rivers?
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#136 » by ManualRam » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:41 am

Rivers is a slasher. Crawford is a jump shooter.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
23-7
Veteran
And1: 466

Post#137 » by 23-7 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:44 am

i see marcus thorton
Steely Reserve
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#138 » by Steely Reserve » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Rivers should be a top-10 lock on everyone's draft board. His game is maturing with every bounce of the ball.
Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#139 » by Kaner » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:02 pm

I'd like to see him limit his poor shot selection and bring down that a/t ratio before I put him top 10.
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#140 » by noobcake » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:49 am

Kaner wrote:I'd like to see him limit his poor shot selection and bring down that a/t ratio before I put him top 10.

Apparently being an unstoppable slasher and having a outside shot =! top 10 pick.

Return to NBA Draft