Bradley Beal
56%

Total votes: 149

mavs_dachamps
Junior
And1: 7

Re: Jeremy Lamb or Bradley Beal? 

Post#201 » by mavs_dachamps » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:27 am

Beal all the way. He's a great shooter. Plus a great rebounder good defender. And people knock him for his athletism but when I watch his type I see an average ability to get to the rim and he's average on the fastbreak. Oh and he has the pull up jumper. To me he is a lot like Eric Gordon/James Harden.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,064

Post#202 » by tidho » Fri Jun 1, 2012 7:36 pm

MAS-chance wrote:Id their any video of Beal breaking down his man ?, I really question that part of his game, and that is what makes stars.

I'd like to see the evidence that he's a "great shooter" as is being claimed repeatedly.
....wouldn't mind seeing some evindence that he's bigger than 6'3.5" in shoes too, lol, that would help.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#203 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jun 1, 2012 8:02 pm

mavs_dachamps wrote:Beal all the way. He's a great shooter. Plus a great rebounder good defender. And people knock him for his athletism but when I watch his type I see an average ability to get to the rim and he's average on the fastbreak. Oh and he has the pull up jumper. To me he is a lot like Eric Gordon/James Harden.

Actually he's a borderline awful man defender with crappy lateral quicks and mediocre recovery speed.

So, he's actually not a great defender.

And being a great rebounding 2 guard is a nice plus, but it's not some amazing thing that really should even matter in the NBA, at least if you're selling it as one of his main attributes.

And man did you say it, average athleticism and average ability to get to the rim and average ability on the fast break. When in the hell are those listed as positives when talking about a top 5 pick lol?

"That Beal kid is just amazing! A top 5 lock! He's so average at everything! Draft him!" :lol:

And he's not a great shooter either, although he has very good form and gets good elevation so that can certainly be developed. But right now he certainly is not.

He's not much of anything like Eric Gordon. He doesn't have the elite athleticism, elite first step of Gordon, isn't the level of shooter he is, doesn't even have his handle.

And Harden? Nothing, like zero in common with him.

And again, I'm sure I'll be labeled a "hater" for this post, or that I don't like him and am trashing him, but that's not true. I call it how I see it.

Likely case he has all the measurables, the skill set and the intangibles/attitude to become a quite good and above average shooting guard, but I'm baffled by the thought he's automatically a lock for a star.

He surely can become a star. He has the mentality it seems and he can work on stuff like becoming an elite shooter coming off screens and drawing more fouls off pump fakes and triple threat stuff.

I just don't get the immense stretching of the truth with this guy.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#204 » by Kabookalu » Fri Jun 1, 2012 8:16 pm

Some people have compared Lamb to Reggie Miller in this thread but I honestly see more of an SG version of Kevin Durant. Kevin Martin isn't too far off either. His first step is surprisingly quick and his handles are nice.
Read on Twitter
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#205 » by Kabookalu » Fri Jun 1, 2012 8:21 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Actually he's a borderline awful man defender with crappy lateral quicks and mediocre recovery speed.

So, he's actually not a great defender.

And being a great rebounding 2 guard is a nice plus, but it's not some amazing thing that really should even matter in the NBA, at least if you're selling it as one of his main attributes.

And man did you say it, average athleticism and average ability to get to the rim and average ability on the fast break. When in the hell are those listed as positives when talking about a top 5 pick lol?

"That Beal kid is just amazing! A top 5 lock! He's so average at everything! Draft him!" :lol:

And he's not a great shooter either, although he has very good form and gets good elevation so that can certainly be developed. But right now he certainly is not.

He's not much of anything like Eric Gordon. He doesn't have the elite athleticism, elite first step of Gordon, isn't the level of shooter he is, doesn't even have his handle.

And Harden? Nothing, like zero in common with him.

And again, I'm sure I'll be labeled a "hater" for this post, or that I don't like him and am trashing him, but that's not true. I call it how I see it.

Likely case he has all the measurables, the skill set and the intangibles/attitude to become a quite good and above average shooting guard, but I'm baffled by the thought he's automatically a lock for a star.

He surely can become a star. He has the mentality it seems and he can work on stuff like becoming an elite shooter coming off screens and drawing more fouls off pump fakes and triple threat stuff.

I just don't get the immense stretching of the truth with this guy.

I don't see what's so special about him either. As far as I'm concerned the only trait that he excels at for his position is rebounding. I see him more like a Tayshaun Prince; a glue guy that can do a lot of things well, but doesn't excel at them. I don't see where the Eric Gordon comparisons come from, other than they're the same height and they almost look alike.

Read on Twitter
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,064

Post#206 » by tidho » Fri Jun 1, 2012 8:33 pm

Choker wrote:Some people have compared Lamb to Reggie Miller in this thread but I honestly see more of an SG version of Kevin Durant. Kevin Martin isn't too far off either. His first step is surprisingly quick and his handles are nice.

The Durant thing is gonna get you in trouble, lol. I'll agree, but clarify that he's not nearly the talent Durant is, however from a movement and style standpoint I can definately see it.

I project him as more Rip than Reggie. Similar lean build, similar handle, and both work extremely well mid range off screans. Great value in half court or transition on either end of the court.
Lamb will be a better 3pt shooter while probably not being quite the defender, but I think he can work to being really close to it.
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,839

Post#207 » by mcfly1204 » Fri Jun 1, 2012 8:43 pm

With Lamb's length, it would be very disappointing to see him end up being an average defender.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
gesa2
Rookie
And1: 250

Post#208 » by gesa2 » Mon Jun 4, 2012 3:15 pm

Anybody else think Waiters is in the mix with these two?
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#209 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jun 4, 2012 5:23 pm

Anyone see the interview a few days ago?

Why do all these kids always compare themselves to Jamal Crawford?!

It's maddening.

Can't their agents, coaches, friends, family, trainers, anyone, pull them aside and say, "Son, Jamal Crawford is Crawful. You don't want to model your game off that low efficiency chucker with abysmal defense and **** for brains BBIQ. Don't tell them that's a good comparison for you either. He is hot garbage. It's not a positive. Get it?"

Aaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

:lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
buzzershot18
Senior
And1: 16

Post#210 » by buzzershot18 » Tue Jun 5, 2012 12:58 am

coming from a huge UCONN fan I love Beal's game and can't pass it up
LOOSH
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#211 » by LOOSH » Tue Jun 5, 2012 1:56 am

Like Lamb, but I love Beal, think he's going to be a stud -- I see him being what people hoped OJ Mayo would've been.
King d
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#212 » by King d » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Really funny thread :lol:
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#213 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:55 am

A) why did you dig it out?
B) how is it funny?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#214 » by ManualRam » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:10 am

it's funny because one player is playing on the worst team in the league and the other player is not playing on the best team in the league.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
23-7
Veteran
And1: 466

Post#215 » by 23-7 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm confused here. Is there an outright winner here? Why was this dug up?
nickforthreee
Sixth Man
And1: 217

Post#216 » by nickforthreee » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:15 pm

King d wrote:Really funny thread :lol:

Jeremy Lamb hasnt gotten an opportunity yet because he is on the best team in the NBA with Sefolosha and Martin. Thunder have already said he will be their SG of the future. beal would get no minutes on thunder either. I still expect Jeremy Lamb to be the better player 5 years from now.
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#217 » by sfam » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 am

nickforthreee wrote:

Jeremy Lamb hasnt gotten an opportunity yet because he is on the best team in the NBA with Sefolosha and Martin. Thunder have already said he will be their SG of the future. beal would get no minutes on thunder either. I still expect Jeremy Lamb to be the better player 5 years from now.

Beal seems pretty rockin in the last month. I'd be surprised if he couldn't get minutes on the Thunder right now. He's been lights out from 3 pt range lately.
nickforthreee
Sixth Man
And1: 217

Post#218 » by nickforthreee » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:11 am

sfam wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:

Beal seems pretty rockin in the last month. I'd be surprised if he couldn't get minutes on the Thunder right now. He's been lights out from 3 pt range lately.

what im saying is that if he started the season on the thunder he wouldnt have gotten minutes.. beal struggled heavily at first like im sure lamb is but he got consistent minutes and has turned it around, lamb hasnt gotten to see the court because they are in win-now mode
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#219 » by fredericklove » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Wait till Lamb gets actual minutes in the next few years (after Martin leaves), then we can get a better assessment of their comparison, right now its just not fair to compare the two that way.
jfuchs91
Freshman
And1: 52

Post#220 » by jfuchs91 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:54 am

Below are Lamb's highlights of his first game back in the D-League:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eIsnWIsiTvA

I know it's the D-League, but you can see in the clip the tools that will make him a very good scorer in the league. At this point, I still think I'd take Lamb over Beal. Lamb's lack of playing time is clearly due to his situation (behind Martin, Durant, and Thabo), and not that he's behind in his development.

Return to NBA Draft