Can anyone explain Jeremy Lamb's fall?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

CablexDeadpool
Head Coach
And1: 1,686

Re: Can anyone explain Jeremy Lamb's fall? 

Post#41 » by CablexDeadpool » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:22 pm

@Manny Ram

He shot 6 3s a game :lol:

Most of his shots were 3s and he only made 33 percent :lol:

And he got to the line 3 times a game :lol:

Does what does that tell you...he's a damn transition and 3 point player and he likes to stand out and shoot 3s and in the half court, he likes to shoot pull ups and floaters

He played 37 mins...got 17 points...shot 6 threes...made 33 percent...got to the line 3 times...

Where the **** is the scoring diversity...to me he just played like Jamal Crawford

Those are Jamal Crawford numbers, 6th man numbers

@ Rockmanslim

Getting the line is a skill, the best scorers in basketball get to the line and shoot at least 70 percent and shoot a high volume of field goals or they shoot 55 to 60 percent at high volume like Shaq

Kevin Martin was a 20 plus a game scorer because he would get to the line 10 times a game. Kevin Martin didn't even have to make a field goal to make get 20 points because he could get to the line so well.

He stops getting to the line, he becomes an inefficient 15 point a game scorer.
ken6199 wrote:A Rocket's loss really brought out the best of people. It makes me realize this forum is filled with jobless scumbags with their only intention to come hate the team they hate and realize their anger from their life/job/wife/kids or whatever.

:lol:
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#42 » by ManualRam » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:42 pm

CablexDeadpool wrote:@Manny Ram

Does what does that tell you...he's a damn transition and 3 point player and he likes to stand out and shoot 3s and in the half court, he likes to shoot pull ups and floaters

He played 37 mins...got 17 points...shot 6 threes...made 33 percent...got to the line 3 times...

Where the **** is the scoring diversity...to me he just played like Jamal Crawford

there is more than 1 way to skin a cat. the true marks of a good offensive player is versatility and efficiency. lamb is both. i already covered his versatility.
getting to the line x amount of times isnt the only way to be an efficient scorer.
guess who was the most efficient SG out of all the SGs taken in the lotto? thats right, lamb.

first in TS
first in eFG
first in pts/shot
first in pts/possession
black bart
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#43 » by black bart » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Most people were high on lamb before the summer league. I remembered the beal v. lamb where half viewed lamb as a better prospect. It is for some reason the obvious wasn't reported by scouts. Scouts should have noticed that he was tall and had a great wingspan. His game was very pro ready and he was the best athlete. But, because Uconn lost he was blamed entirely for it. It really didn't make much sense at all that he fell except that Uconn lost and he was injured during draft.
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,168

Post#44 » by rockmanslim » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:59 pm

CablexDeadpool wrote:@ Rockmanslim

Getting the line is a skill, the best scorers in basketball get to the line and shoot at least 70 percent and shoot a high volume of field goals or they shoot 55 to 60 percent at high volume like Shaq

Kevin Martin was a 20 plus a game scorer because he would get to the line 10 times a game. Kevin Martin didn't even have to make a field goal to make get 20 points because he could get to the line so well.

He stops getting to the line, he becomes an inefficient 15 point a game scorer.

CablexDeadpool wrote:I wish young offensive guards and swingmen would take a cue from AI and just run into other players and throw the ball up, the NBA is so soft these days they could get calls all game.

Agree with what you said in bold, as I think most would. Only Heat fans would take offense. :)

Kevin Martin? He stopped getting to the line because they changed the rules on him. The NBA rules committee surprisingly had enough sense to realize that nobody wants to watch a player make a mockery of the game like that.
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

CablexDeadpool
Head Coach
And1: 1,686

Post#45 » by CablexDeadpool » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:00 pm

ManualRam wrote:

there is more than 1 way to skin a cat. the true marks of a good offensive player is versatility and efficiency. lamb is both. i already covered his versatility.
getting to the line x amount of times isnt the only way to be an efficient scorer.
guess who was the most efficient SG out of all the SGs taken in the lotto? thats right, lamb.

first in TS
first in eFG
first in pts/shot
first in pts/possession

Dion Waiters is second and he plays half the game...and it's not even a small margin.

And if Dion Waiters played 40 mins a game he would've ended up with

21 points 3.8 rebounds 4.1 assists

47.6 fg
36 3pt fg
5 fta

1.01 points per play
57 TS
1.20 points per possession

Compared to Jeremy Lamb's 1.04 points per play, 59TS, 1.21 points per possession

And you look at Terrence Ross even, 1.18 points per possession, 56 TS and .98 points per play

So the difference isn't even that big.

Lamb wasn't superior in anyway efficiency wise.
ken6199 wrote:A Rocket's loss really brought out the best of people. It makes me realize this forum is filled with jobless scumbags with their only intention to come hate the team they hate and realize their anger from their life/job/wife/kids or whatever.

:lol:
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#46 » by ManualRam » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:14 pm

CablexDeadpool wrote:
ManualRam wrote:

first in TS
first in eFG
first in pts/shot
first in pts/possession

Dion Waiters is second and he plays half the game...and it's not even a small margin.

47.6 fg
36 3pt fg
5 fta

1.01 points per play
57 TS

Compared to Jeremy Lamb's 1.04 points per play, 59TS, 1.21 points per possession

And you look at Terrence Ross even, 1.18 points per possession, 56 TS and .98 points per play

what does waiters playing half the game have to do with anything? rates are rates.

you're ragging on the way lamb scores, even though he scored EFFICIENTLY, more efficiently than any of those other lotto SGs.
waiters could throw his body around, flail and flop all he wanted to, he still wasnt as efficient as lamb was.

whether he draws a ton of fouls or not doesnt matter if he still scores efficiently. the end desired result is an efficient scorer and there's more than 1 way to achieve that.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
King d
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#47 » by King d » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:28 pm

ManualRam wrote:
King d wrote:
ManualRam wrote:imo even with those flaws you pointed out, lamb is a better player now than all the SGs take ahead of him and he has more potential than all of them as well.

No way, Beal is a way better player than Lamb, with an nba ready body, and is way more versatile than lamb in almost every aspect of the game, and that includes offense and defense. Wake up

the only thing i can agree with in your post is that beal has the more nba ready body.
thats it.

beal's just gonna be a spot up shooter and occasional PnR handler on offense this yr. his lack of quickness is not gonna help him trying to create his own offense, either creating space for his own shot or getting to the rack. his lack of lateral quickness will hurt him defensively trying to stay in front of his man. on top of that, he's a shooter who's not particularly good at shooting on the move if he's not aided by a ball screen.

lamb is better on the ball creating his own offense. he's better shooting on the move, either coming off screens or pulling up and he's faster in transition. lamb is also better defensively currently because he's quicker laterally and is longer so he can play off his man, recover and contest shots. he's also more of a factor in the passing lanes because of his ability to cover more ground, more quickly.

lamb is better offensively and defensively now and has more potential in both areas as well.

YOU wake up. beal is an ordinary athlete and that will show in ALL areas where athleticism matters.

You gonna get really disappointed son, and I'm gonna be there bumping this thread in a coupe of years. Lamb a better defender than Beal ? :lol: :lol: :lol: . Beal lack of quickness??? His lateral quickness is better than Lamb's ...

You are not going to convince me (or 90% of the GM's) and I'm not going to convince you since you seem to think that you are the only one in possession of the truth everytime and everybody else is wrong.

Only time will tell, and I'll be there remembering you the stupid stuff you are saying :D

Thread bookmarked
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#48 » by ManualRam » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:30 am

King d wrote:
ManualRam wrote:
King d wrote:
No way, Beal is a way better player than Lamb, with an nba ready body, and is way more versatile than lamb in almost every aspect of the game, and that includes offense and defense. Wake up

the only thing i can agree with in your post is that beal has the more nba ready body.
thats it.

beal's just gonna be a spot up shooter and occasional PnR handler on offense this yr. his lack of quickness is not gonna help him trying to create his own offense, either creating space for his own shot or getting to the rack. his lack of lateral quickness will hurt him defensively trying to stay in front of his man. on top of that, he's a shooter who's not particularly good at shooting on the move if he's not aided by a ball screen.

lamb is better on the ball creating his own offense. he's better shooting on the move, either coming off screens or pulling up and he's faster in transition. lamb is also better defensively currently because he's quicker laterally and is longer so he can play off his man, recover and contest shots. he's also more of a factor in the passing lanes because of his ability to cover more ground, more quickly.

lamb is better offensively and defensively now and has more potential in both areas as well.

YOU wake up. beal is an ordinary athlete and that will show in ALL areas where athleticism matters.

You gonna get really disappointed son, and I'm gonna be there bumping this thread in a coupe of years. Lamb a better defender than Beal ? :lol: :lol: :lol: . Beal lack of quickness??? His lateral quickness is better than Lamb's ...

You are not going to convince me (or 90% of the GM's) and I'm not going to convince you since you seem to think that you are the only one in possession of the truth everytime and everybody else is wrong.

Only time will tell, and I'll be there remembering you the stupid stuff you are saying :D

Thread bookmarked

yes, lamb is a better defender than beal. the only thing beal has over him defensively is the strength to fight through picks.
but laterally, lamb is quicker, has better recovery speed and he's longer so he can contest shots and disrupt passing lanes better.
all you need to do is look at their footwork when they're playing D. beal is fundamentally sound, but the way he moves his feet or changes direction is deliberate at best. looks like how harden moves his feet on defense, except beal doesnt have harden's extra size and length to help recover.
here's some stats for you to show lamb's better ability to stick with his man and recover.

spot ups against
beal: 1.01
lamb: .82

iso against
beal: .72
lamb: .68

lamb is the better defender now and has more potential for the future. length and athleticism matter. lamb has the edge in both areas.
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Post#49 » by Jazzfan12 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:56 am

Beal is a much better help defender. Basketball is a 5 on 5 sport.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#50 » by ManualRam » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:00 am

Jazzfan12 wrote:Beal is a much better help defender. Basketball is a 5 on 5 sport.

i'll disagree with that too. help defense = covering ground quickly.
beal did a poor job last yr closing out on shooters.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#51 » by Doormatt » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:58 am

CablexDeadpool wrote:

47.6 fg
36 3pt fg
5 fta

1.01 points per play
57 TS

lol wtf you cant expand a players stats who plays 25 minutes to 40 minutes and assume everything will be equal, especially efficiency. thats pretty dumb.

you also cant say "Lamb wasn't superior in anyway efficiency wise" when he obviously was. i mean you can say the margin wasnt huge, but he was still superior. theres nothing to even back a statement up like that its just you trying to prove your point with nothing.
#doorgek
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,213

Post#52 » by niQ » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Although I was expecting my Raptors to take him 8th...

Here are some of the reasons leading up to the draft that hurt his stock..

1) Lamb's agent held him out at the draft combine...
2) Lamb injured his ankle during a workout and was again not able to showcase his skills to some teams.
3) Lamb's draft interviews were lackadaisical at best.. .didn't seem interested or enthusiastic about ...well..anything.
4) a few days before the actual draft, David Aldridge reported that Lamb had a shoulder injury in the past that could recur throughout his career... I think this was the biggest reason he dropped TBH...
joseph mamah
Starter
And1: 178

Post#53 » by joseph mamah » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:14 am

the same reason greg monroe slipped a few years ago they look like theyre half asleep out on the court so people assume they have motor issues. i dont know about lamb but ive been watching monroe for the last two years and he doesnt have motor issues. but he does have occasional mental lapses.
CBA
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#54 » by CBA » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:33 pm

CablexDeadpool wrote:

first in TS
first in eFG
first in pts/shot
first in pts/possession

47.6 fg
36 3pt fg
5 fta

1.01 points per play
57 TS

This was a really bad post.
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#55 » by EMG518 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:30 pm

I have jumped ship from Beal to Lamb. Lamb will be the better pro imo. Beals shooting may have been overrated and I dont think will translate well to the next level.
AnSweR07
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#56 » by AnSweR07 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Manualram im not so sure why youre high on lamb..sure hes gifted with physical tools but his mental makeup leads me to believe hell never sniff his potential or become aconsistent playet at next level.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#57 » by ManualRam » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:57 am

AnSweR07 wrote:Manualram im not so sure why youre high on lamb..sure hes gifted with physical tools but his mental makeup leads me to believe hell never sniff his potential or become aconsistent playet at next level.

because he's skilled talented, athletic, has great length, is the most offensively versatile wing in the draft and those mental makeup issues are completely overblown.
he's versatile enough to look for his own offense and/or play off others.
he's a gym rat, so his team doesnt have to worry about him not working hard to improve.
and in games he's not afraid of big moments. he has an even keel demeanor that is the same at the beginning of the game as it is at the end of the game.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
gordito
Rookie
And1: 33

Post#58 » by gordito » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:56 am

ManualRam wrote:
AnSweR07 wrote:Manualram im not so sure why youre high on lamb..sure hes gifted with physical tools but his mental makeup leads me to believe hell never sniff his potential or become aconsistent playet at next level.

because he's skilled talented, athletic, has great length, is the most offensively versatile wing in the draft and those mental makeup issues are completely overblown.
he's versatile enough to look for his own offense and/or play off others.
he's a gym rat, so his team doesnt have to worry about him not working hard to improve.
and in games he's not afraid of big moments. he has an even keel demeanor that is the same at the beginning of the game as it is at the end of the game.

So far on RealGM over the course of this draft season, I've heard that MKG, Beal, Waiters, Robinson, Lillard, Barnes, and Lamb are all gym rats. I'm not even sure what this means anymore, or what is the significance of being one.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#59 » by ManualRam » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:33 pm

Being a gym rat only matters if the player is able to successfully add new dimensions to their game and stay in top form. Like mkg has been considered a gym rat ever since he stepped in the prospect spotlight, yet he still has a lot of the same weaknesses that he had as a HS sophomore. Waiters showed up to summer league out of shape and has had weight issues in the past. Robinson is still raw in terms of skill, so you kinda have wonder exactly what he's working on when he's in the gym or what his capacity for learning and incorporating new skills is.

Guys like lillard and lamb weren't highly recruited players. They weren't even top 100 recruits coming out of HS. They've had to work very hard to get to their standing, advance their games and leapfrog more highly touted players. People can criticize lamb's sleepy look on the floor, which in the end doesn't mean much since he's productive and doesn't shy away from big moments, but you can't say that he doesn't have the drive to constantly get better or that he doesn't have a passion for the game.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
gordito
Rookie
And1: 33

Post#60 » by gordito » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:40 pm

I mean, the guy was yawning during his draft interviews, so i think it's more than just a "sleepy look" :lol:

All I'm saying is that if all those guys are considered gym rats, surely not that significant of a quality. Also, can you really look at Lamb's game and point out the things he's significantly improved in over the course of his Freshman and Sophmore seasons?

Return to NBA Draft