yardbarker

NBA Season Stats

Player GP MPG FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
Kevin Durant8138.510.4820.84.5032.376.06.3918.689.94.8737.405.491.270.7332.01
Carmelo Anthony7738.79.6521.35.4522.175.39.4025.967.03.8488.063.101.250.6627.43
LeBron James7737.79.9617.57.5671.513.97.3795.707.60.7506.926.341.570.3427.13
Kevin Love7736.38.4418.47.4572.476.56.3766.758.22.82112.514.450.770.4526.10
James Harden7338.07.5216.49.4562.426.62.3667.899.11.8664.736.101.560.4025.36
Blake Griffin8035.88.9716.99.5280.150.55.2736.038.43.7159.463.831.150.6424.12

See all NBA season stats

Selby, Beal or Waiters

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Blame Rasho, jman3134

Post#16 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:56 pm by ManualRam

Keshavarzi wrote:Selby? Really?? If were going off SL and charity games sure, I see where you're coming from. But he has done NOTHING significant in games that actually matter. Did nothing in College and has yet to do anything in the NBA. I just don't think he deserves to be mentioned with Beal or even Waiters at this point.

yeah, selby. i dont see anything wrong with including him in this comparison. dont act like he has no talent. he wasnt rated the #1 player in his class by some services for no reason. did he underachieve in college? yes, but he also had to start his season late because of suspension on a top team that hit the ground running and also happened to be deep in the backcourt. he actually played pretty well for a stretch until he got injured and then he played the rest of the year with the injury.
he happens to be the most physically gifted in terms of athleticism and he has the most complete offensive game of the 3. all 3 are in a position to get minutes, including selby, who is expected to take the minutes that mayo left behind.
jazzfan1971 wrote:Boozer had a reputation as a low post threat. But, it was all smoke and mirrors. He was never much of a threat in the post.
ManualRam



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,691
And1: 1,134
Joined: Jun 25, 2004
Top

Post#17 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:29 pm by King d

Beal










Selby
Waiters
King d
Banned User
Posts: 1,212
And1: 41
Joined: Sep 16, 2010
Top

Post#18 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:14 pm by TheGoodDoctor

Beal...easily.

I'll only take Selby over Dion because Waiters has looked awful and like he has a bad attitude but wouldn't surprise me if over his career he matures and becomes better than Selby as well.
#MLSEHIRETZ ------ #WETHENORTH
Image
TheGoodDoctor

Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,335
And1: 2,900
Joined: Jul 23, 2012
Location: Jurassic Park
Top

Post#19 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:21 am by Super Selby

Selby is a better shooter than Beal, a better athlete and has much better one on one ability. The only reason would be length but Beal is mediocre at that too with a blah wingspan
Super Selby
Freshman
Posts: 88
And1: 2
Joined: Jul 18, 2012
Top

Post#20 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:21 pm by King d

Super Selby wrote:Selby is a better shooter than Beal, a better athlete and has much better one on one ability. The only reason would be length but Beal is mediocre at that too with a blah wingspan


What about defense ?
King d
Banned User
Posts: 1,212
And1: 41
Joined: Sep 16, 2010
Top

Post#21 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:51 pm by Super Selby

both are below average at this moment
Super Selby
Freshman
Posts: 88
And1: 2
Joined: Jul 18, 2012
Top

Post#22 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:07 am by King d

Super Selby wrote:both are below average at this moment


Image
King d
Banned User
Posts: 1,212
And1: 41
Joined: Sep 16, 2010
Top

Post#23 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:14 am by LeBosh Wade

Super Selby wrote:1. Selby is the best out of the three in creating his own shot with his one on one ability. He's the best athlete, the best at getting to the rim and has the best jumpshot by far.

2. Beal
3. Waiters

:lol: :lol:
stay out of this thread if you don't want your feelings hurt
beal's jumper destroys selbys and waiters is the better athlete and better at getting to the rim
LeBosh Wade
Sophomore
Posts: 199
And1: 4
Joined: Sep 19, 2012
Top

Post#24 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:25 am by ManualRam

LeBosh Wade wrote:
Super Selby wrote:1. Selby is the best out of the three in creating his own shot with his one on one ability. He's the best athlete, the best at getting to the rim and has the best jumpshot by far.

2. Beal
3. Waiters

:lol: :lol:
stay out of this thread if you don't want your feelings hurt
beal's jumper destroys selbys and waiters is the better athlete and better at getting to the rim

You are wrong on all accounts.
selby's jumper is better than the other 2. Selby is the best athlete out of the bunch and has the quickest first step.
jazzfan1971 wrote:Boozer had a reputation as a low post threat. But, it was all smoke and mirrors. He was never much of a threat in the post.
ManualRam



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,691
And1: 1,134
Joined: Jun 25, 2004
Top

Post#25 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:17 am by King d

ManualRam wrote:
LeBosh Wade wrote:
Super Selby wrote:1. Selby is the best out of the three in creating his own shot with his one on one ability. He's the best athlete, the best at getting to the rim and has the best jumpshot by far.

2. Beal
3. Waiters

:lol: :lol:
stay out of this thread if you don't want your feelings hurt
beal's jumper destroys selbys and waiters is the better athlete and better at getting to the rim

You are wrong on all accounts.
selby's jumper is better than the other 2. Selby is the best athlete out of the bunch and has the quickest first step.


Beal is a better athlete than Selby. Just look at Beal's body... Way stronger, as quick as him running the open floor, pretty good vertical...

You are the one who is wrong here
King d
Banned User
Posts: 1,212
And1: 41
Joined: Sep 16, 2010
Top

Post#26 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:40 am by ManualRam

King d wrote:
ManualRam wrote:
LeBosh Wade wrote: :lol: :lol:
stay out of this thread if you don't want your feelings hurt
beal's jumper destroys selbys and waiters is the better athlete and better at getting to the rim

You are wrong on all accounts.
selby's jumper is better than the other 2. Selby is the best athlete out of the bunch and has the quickest first step.


Beal is a better athlete than Selby. Just look at Beal's body... Way stronger, as quick as him running the open floor, pretty good vertical...

You are the one who is wrong here

uh, no. just look at the way they move on the court. selby is quicker and more explosive with or without the ball.
jazzfan1971 wrote:Boozer had a reputation as a low post threat. But, it was all smoke and mirrors. He was never much of a threat in the post.
ManualRam



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,691
And1: 1,134
Joined: Jun 25, 2004
Top

Post#27 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:32 pm by King d

Diasagree, Selby is quicker with the ball because of his handles, but they are about the same speed without the ball, and the proof is their 3/4 sprint time from the combine. And like I said speed/quickness isn't the only thing in the athletic department
King d
Banned User
Posts: 1,212
And1: 41
Joined: Sep 16, 2010
Top

Post#28 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:53 pm by SmooveCam

Selby is truely a hybrid of Monta and Eric Gordon..
SmooveCam
Ballboy
Posts: 29
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 1, 2011
Top

Post#29 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:06 pm by ManualRam

King d wrote:Diasagree, Selby is quicker with the ball because of his handles, but they are about the same speed without the ball, and the proof is their 3/4 sprint time from the combine. And like I said speed/quickness isn't the only thing in the athletic department

yeah, his speed with the ball, running the wing in the open floor, his explosiveness in terms of first step, exploding off the floor, his body control and ability to change direction, etc.
i don't think it's even debatable. selby is a tremendous athlete. beal is average to slightly below average.
combine results are hardly "proof".


jazzfan1971 wrote:Boozer had a reputation as a low post threat. But, it was all smoke and mirrors. He was never much of a threat in the post.
ManualRam



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,691
And1: 1,134
Joined: Jun 25, 2004
Top

Post#30 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:12 pm by Charsace

Some of you guys have to be joking. Beal is an average athlete for a guard. Selby is near elite. I'm not calling him elite yet because I have to see more of him in league play before saying he is. Injury and coaching is what killed his draft stock. Looking at Selby's skills you its not a stretch to say that he's in the same class talent wise as Beal. What keeps him back is the shooting and bbiq. As a ballhandler, slasher and creating space he's better than Beal.
Charsace
Pro Prospect
Posts: 932
And1: 8
Joined: Mar 4, 2009
Top

Post#31 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:54 am by SmooveCam

Charsace have you been paying attention? Selbys jumper is on another level. I would even say that his jumper is closer to being elite than his athletic ability.

Not to mention he and Eric Gordon are the same height.
SmooveCam
Ballboy
Posts: 29
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 1, 2011
Top

Post#32 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Sat Oct 6, 2012 4:48 pm by ElMaestro90

1. Selby
2. Beal
3. Waiters
TheChosen618 wrote:Jordan's post game was nothing special.


Knicks and Lakers Fan
ElMaestro90
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,268
And1: 180
Joined: Apr 29, 2012
Top

Post#33 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Mon Oct 8, 2012 11:56 am by Ruzious

Keshavarzi wrote:Selby? Really?? If were going off SL and charity games sure, I see where you're coming from. But he has done NOTHING significant in games that actually matter. Did nothing in College and has yet to do anything in the NBA. I just don't think he deserves to be mentioned with Beal or even Waiters at this point.

Yup, there are always going to be people who will never get that SL games mean virtually nothing.
"Morey plays three dimensional chess. EFG plays tic-tac-toe and can't seem to get the hang of it."
- Benjamin
Ruzious
RealGM
Posts: 24,857
And1: 303
Joined: Jul 16, 2001
Top

Post#34 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Mon Oct 8, 2012 3:55 pm by ElMaestro90

Ruzious wrote:
Keshavarzi wrote:Selby? Really?? If were going off SL and charity games sure, I see where you're coming from. But he has done NOTHING significant in games that actually matter. Did nothing in College and has yet to do anything in the NBA. I just don't think he deserves to be mentioned with Beal or even Waiters at this point.

Yup, there are always going to be people who will never get that SL games mean virtually nothing.


Then College disqualifies as well!
Why? Because its just as different from a Nba game as a SL game ...
TheChosen618 wrote:Jordan's post game was nothing special.


Knicks and Lakers Fan
ElMaestro90
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,268
And1: 180
Joined: Apr 29, 2012
Top

Post#35 Re: Selby, Beal or Waiters
Mon Oct 8, 2012 4:21 pm by Choker

ElMaestro90 wrote:Then College disqualifies as well!
Why? Because its just as different from a Nba game as a SL game ...


Not exactly. College ball is a lot more organized where the team has a unified goal to win whereas SL is a place where scrubs are out to accomplish their own agendas.
Image
Choker

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 33,400
And1: 4,172
Joined: Aug 18, 2006
Location: California
Top

Next

Return to NBA Draft


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Catalysm, Intza