yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Jabari vs Wiggins

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Blame Rasho, jman3134

Post#41 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:56 am by Laowai

BossHoggin wrote:
Laowai wrote:The reality is that if Wiggins had been available he would have went #1 in 2012 over Davis, #1 in 2013 and #1 in2014 draft. Right now he is a better prospect than Durant remember Odom was drafted #1 and was consensus #!. He is the best prospect since LBJ.

Do you read what you write? You're starting to sound like you only like him because he's Canadian.

Every NBA scout would say the same he has punked every player his age and players older yes I'm happy he is Canadian guess you are a jealous American who only think BB players should come from there. Likely you drive a 70's Dodge Charger.
Canadian in China
Laowai
Analyst
And1: 25

Post#42 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Fri Nov 2, 2012 7:11 am by ashleywilliam

Wiggins has already been deemed "The next big thing". I like Parkers game more then Wiggins though
ashleywilliam
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#43 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Fri Nov 2, 2012 3:37 pm by DFolks

Jabari Parker is about to win his 4th state championship. If I want a winner, I'll choose him.
DFolks
Veteran
And1: 59

Post#44 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Fri Nov 2, 2012 6:34 pm by piggyfield

Dr Positivity wrote:Like I said I'm not an expert on Wiggins, but is he considered a special talent in areas other than athleticism/physical tools? Like is he ahead of the curve off the dribble or as a shooter/shot creator? Or is the reason he's considered a higher upside prospect the assumption that he's going to add those things to his athletic profile?

Jabari has elite size, shooting/shot creating and feel for the game for a wing it feels like. He might not have an elite 1st step but he sounds like the full package

Absolutely,Wiggins still has to improve his game.you see,his shooting is not good enough and on the off. side he still much too rely on his right hand.If you saw the game he against Randle,you should find out that Wiggins couldnt guard Randle,he should put on some muscles.BTW,his coach said that Wiggins didnt has a good habbit .Anyway,I take Wiggins.He has more upsides.Of course,Jabari maybe a superstar in NBA
and Wiggins just a highflyer...but I hope he will success.
piggyfield
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#45 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Sun Nov 4, 2012 8:34 am by NO-KG-AI

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:
Laowai wrote:The reality is that if Wiggins had been available he would have went #1 in 2012 over Davis, #1 in 2013 and #1 in2014 draft. Right now he is a better prospect than Durant remember Odom was drafted #1 and was consensus #!. He is the best prospect since LBJ.

No... just no

Yes and yes. Wiggins is a better prospect than Durant was in HS. Durant wasn't even the top HS player in his class

So? If LBJ were in this class, Wiggins wouldn't be the top player in his class. That wouldn't make him automatically a worse prospect than every guy who was first in his own class.

That's like saying Durant wasn't a better draft prospect than Bargnani because he went second.
rrravenred wrote:Stick that in your superior advanced-calculus pipe, and smoke it, you stat-headed Garnett stan...
NO-KG-AI
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 993

Post#46 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Sun Nov 4, 2012 1:25 pm by EricAnderson

I dont see Jabari as a potential once in a decade type talent like Wiggins could be..Jabari will have osme of the same problems at the college and pro level that Harrison Barnes will face being a little stiff and slow and not a freakish athlete..

Parker seems like a crafty smart player but not a guy you are gonna build around in the pros
EricAnderson
Sixth Man
And1: 204

Post#47 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Mon Nov 5, 2012 11:36 am by EricAnderson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZdk7dwaVJY&feature=plcp

Wiggins physical ability is mind blowing
EricAnderson
Sixth Man

Post#48 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Mon Nov 5, 2012 12:25 pm by boogie-reke

Along with running the floor, his 2nd and 3rd leaps are just phenomenal.
“Its my 2nd year of losing and Im not trying to get used to this.I didnt want to get use to it last year.I had enough of it. Its time to turn it around”
-DeMarcus Cousins

“Rookie or not- Im not letting anybody relax"
-Thomas Robinson
boogie-reke

Head Coach
And1: 202

Post#49 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:27 pm by Pooh_Jeter

The height he gets on that last dunk is incredible. 34 points and 9 boards against Kentucky's JV team.
Pooh_Jeter
Bench Warmer
And1: 172

Post#50 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:49 pm by bigboi

Pooh_Jeter wrote:

The height he gets on that last dunk is incredible. 34 points and 9 boards against Kentucky's JV team.

:o I thought he wasn't that freakish, but dayuuuum. That's some Gerald Green type hops and he looks quick as hell
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
bigboi
Analyst
And1: 185

Post#51 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:58 am by dolphinatik

father played in nba mother an olympic sprinter... his genetics are impressive. He could be like a Kobe
ImageImage
dolphinatik

Analyst
And1: 255

Post#52 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:03 am by dolphinatik

Dont sleep on Jabari though. Perfect Grant Hill comparison and you always treasure that kind of talent in any draft. He is good at everything, all around game and high IQ on and off the court. Both of these talents would be solid picks. My opinion is that Wiggins goes hard like he wants it more (to dominate) whereas Parker is more causal in his approach. That kind of drive in Wiggins makes him more attractive as a prospect to me.
ImageImage
dolphinatik

Analyst
And1: 255

Post#53 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:57 am by EricAnderson

I wouldnt say its drive i just think WiggIns has more upside because of his physical ablity then Parker does..

Parker looks to be a very solid player but he doesnt have the wow once in a decade type talent Wiggins posseses..
EricAnderson
Sixth Man

Post#54 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:52 pm by boogie-reke

What once in a decade talent does Wiggins have?
“Its my 2nd year of losing and Im not trying to get used to this.I didnt want to get use to it last year.I had enough of it. Its time to turn it around”
-DeMarcus Cousins

“Rookie or not- Im not letting anybody relax"
-Thomas Robinson
boogie-reke

Head Coach
And1: 202

Post#55 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:47 pm by MagicFan32

Pooh_Jeter wrote:

I love Wiggins but those highlights are against fat ass midget kids, with that said, I see Durant talent in this kid for sure....
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 318

Post#56 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:31 pm by TheGoodDoctor

#MLSEHIRETZ ------ HOLD UP, HOLD UP-------#WETHENORTH.
TheGoodDoctor

Head Coach
And1: 3,980

Post#57 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:24 pm by dballislife

i think after wiggins rookie year, only lebron would go above him in any draft of last 10 years
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 1,583

Post#58 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:13 pm by TheLawSon3

wiggins max potential is somewhere around kobes and lebrons love child.
TheLawSon3
Banned User
And1: 60

Post#59 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:24 pm by Sterling_Archer

I don't see either being a bad choice. I thnk wiggins has a better chance of being the franchise guy or superstar but they both should be good wiggins I don't know what his height and length are but he doesn't look like a 6-8 to 6-10 small forward maybe I am wrong but I could see him even becoming a two guard while I thnk Parker is more of set as a three.
Sterling_Archer
Rookie
And1: 47

Post#60 Re: Jabari vs Wiggins
Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:09 am by 1UPZ

Wiggins doesn't play like Kobe... Kobe also isn't a freakish as Wiggins in terms of length, athletism, explosiveness combo.
If anything he is a Tracy Mcgrady / Pippen combo...
The way he is very wiry, long, explosive and coordinated...
1UPZ

Head Coach
And1: 530

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Draft