Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Re: Jabari vs Wiggins 

Post#61 » by dballislife » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:16 am

hes a lebron/durant cross
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#62 » by Kabookalu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74k3PYOjROs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

The height he gets on that last dunk is incredible. 34 points and 9 boards against Kentucky's JV team.

When I'm watching player mixes of high school prospects I often like to nitpick certain plays that stand out to me. That spin move at the 0:10 mark was such a play. I've always valued body control more than any other physical trait in a basketball athlete, and the display of dexterity there just blew my mind. Made a complete 180 and never looked like he was going to lose balance.
Read on Twitter
dream_catcher_9
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#63 » by dream_catcher_9 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:51 pm

boogie-reke wrote:What once in a decade talent does Wiggins have?

Combination of size, strength(wiry), explosiveness, agility, body control. He really reminds me of Wade the way he moves on the floor. He is bigger though so that will only help him with everything he does.

People always want to see the next Jordan/Kobe(including me). Wiggins is the closest thing to that in a long time.
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#64 » by boogie-reke » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear, I understood talent as in basketball, skill-wise talent - and in that respect while i'm not dissing him at all, he didn't show me a once in a generation type talent yet.

I do agree about his physical and athletic ability being spectacular, and that he's still young and could very well develop into one having all the tools.

But I can't say all those crazy stuff about him without knowing his work ethic, and willingness to be a superstar - the thing that turned those great athletes into fantastic players - or without him showing a more improved skillset like Lebron did for example in high-school.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#65 » by Pooh_Jeter » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:28 pm

I think the world class athleticism is the obvious selling point, but in terms of his skillset I think what is most promising is that he doesn't have a glaring weakness and he has shown a massive improvement over just the last 2 years. He has NBA range on his shot and despite some less than ideal mechanics can knock it down with regularity. He doesn't have a yo-yo handle, but he has developed some really nice moves to get space for his shot. Defensively he doesn't always put max effort, but when he is locked in he can shut down any of his peers.

A lot of scouts think he could contribute to an NBA team right now, so it's scary to think what he could do 2 years down the road when he gets to the NBA.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#66 » by boogie-reke » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:I think the world class athleticism is the obvious selling point, but in terms of his skillset I think what is most promising is that he doesn't have a glaring weakness

That's a good point.

But again, when we talk in those magnitude of players - I don't think that's enough.

Again, not to sound like I close the book on him cause I'm absolutely not - he's still young and still in highschool, and the progress he can make in a year is major.

I'll just wait a while longer till his collage season to pass judgement I guess, so far I can't fall for that Lebron talks though.

It's all about that fire burning in him and how strong it is, one thing we can all agree I guess is he can be that type of player if he really wants to.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#67 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Dec 1, 2012 3:32 am

This kid's athleticism (not skill) at this age already is unreal....I don't even remember Westbrook, Howard or dare I say it Lebron having as much bounce at the same age.

@ 1:32 onward
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edI0Z6ip8hA&NR[/youtube]
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#68 » by DMVleGeND » Sat Dec 1, 2012 3:45 am

Wiggins team Huntington played just a few hours ago. You can watch the replay of the game here:

http://hoopmixtape.com/2012/11/watch-an ... -hoopfest/
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#69 » by thamadkant » Sat Dec 1, 2012 5:20 am

He is very Pippen like in terms of body motion and body type.

Only thing is he looks like a 24 year old Pippen (all star) and Wiggins is in his teens..
Maybe the nutrition factor gives Wiggins the potential to be Pippen+ alpha... Pippens defensive IQ cannot be matched though because he had MJ to practice against every day.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#70 » by Knighthonor » Sun Dec 2, 2012 3:06 am

Can ether of these guys make a excellent player to play the SG? Anybody think so?
TheLawSon3
Banned User
And1: 60

Post#71 » by TheLawSon3 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 8:53 am

Knighthonor wrote:Can ether of these guys make a excellent player to play the SG? Anybody think so?

jabari is to slow imo think to guard the 2 position at the nba level. he has a very carmeloish type of body.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#72 » by B-Ball Freak » Sun Dec 2, 2012 9:15 pm

Wiggins being so quick, explosive and filled with such raw freakish athleticism at his age is pretty amazing.
TheLawSon3
Banned User

Post#73 » by TheLawSon3 » Mon Dec 3, 2012 3:52 am

Wiggins bounce off 2 feet while standing basically completely still is freakish. If he tightens up his handles which he will, hes gonna be a nightmare to keep outta the paint. This kid hasn't even worked with pro trainers yet and his body isnt even fully developed. That is flat out scary, not to mention the kid looks like he basically invented the spin move in some of his videos.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by Knighthonor » Mon Dec 3, 2012 6:32 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7V-LUKS8mQ[/youtube]
whats you all opinion on this dude?
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by Knighthonor » Mon Dec 3, 2012 6:37 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:This kid's athleticism (not skill) at this age already is unreal....I don't even remember Westbrook, Howard or dare I say it Lebron having as much bounce at the same age.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zx6y0qx9Rc[/youtube]
this guy a beast!!
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#76 » by TheGoodDoctor » Wed Dec 5, 2012 1:57 am

Knighthonor wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:This kid's athleticism (not skill) at this age already is unreal....I don't even remember Westbrook, Howard or dare I say it Lebron having as much bounce at the same age.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zx6y0qx9Rc[/youtube]
this guy a beast!!

I love Jabari Parker and would kill to be able to draft him but I really don't understand posting this video in response to my post about Wiggins' athleticisim. Jabari can't be mentioned in the same paragraph when it comes to athleticism.
TheLawSon3
Banned User

Post#77 » by TheLawSon3 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 6:34 am

when i see jabari i see a better passing melo.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#78 » by EricAnderson » Wed Dec 5, 2012 4:06 pm

Check out Melo highlights from high school he was a lot more athletic and explosive then Jabari at the same age..

My concern for Jabari is at the nba level hes average athletically at best
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#79 » by bigboi » Wed Dec 5, 2012 10:31 pm

EricAnderson wrote:Check out Melo highlights from high school he was a lot more athletic and explosive then Jabari at the same age..

My concern for Jabari is at the nba level hes average athletically at best

But he's creative, that's why he is exactly like Paul Pierce. All he needs to do is pack a little bit more weight.
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.

Return to NBA Draft