Mario Hezonja

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 150

Re: Mario Hezonja 

Post#41 » by pohani komarac » Sun May 12, 2013 1:01 pm

suckfish wrote:Mario just played in the final. Still clearly injured however he had a struggle. Badalona blew Barcelona out and Mario lost the SF matchup to Alberto Albalde who has dominated the tournament and should win MVP. Albalde actually caught Mario with his handle and made him drop.

Not a good tournament for Mario due to injury.

He was DT almost evry time he touched ball. glad he showed some very good pasing. Had one spectacular dunk that tells his ankle is OK

Tough his behavior is very jack ass as well as his defense
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#42 » by suckfish » Sun May 12, 2013 2:11 pm

He was visibly limping at times.
pohani komarac
Senior

Post#43 » by pohani komarac » Mon Jul 8, 2013 4:46 pm

some more plays from Mario, more focused on his skill set then athletic abilitys

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JOmtbZYEP0[/youtube]
pohani komarac
Senior

Post#44 » by pohani komarac » Wed Sep 4, 2013 6:59 pm

Àlex Gozalbo ‏@ARAAlexGozalbo 2 Sep
Mario Hezonja (18 anys) HA CRESCUT tres centímetres i actualment gairebé arriba als 2,02 metres d'alçada.

acording to this Hezonja got 3CM during summer, wich is inch and quter. Acording to this he is 6'8 without shoes, close to 6'9 with shoes wich probably makes him full time SF
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#45 » by thamadkant » Thu Sep 5, 2013 10:08 am

I want the Suns to nab him with A late lottery pick...

6'8 ~ 6'9, SF.... A better Mike Dunleavy?... Or a euro less athletic Rudy Gay?... Or a taller Rex Chapman lol...
pohani komarac
Senior

Post#46 » by pohani komarac » Thu Sep 5, 2013 4:57 pm

1UPZ wrote:I want the Suns to nab him with A late lottery pick...

6'8 ~ 6'9, SF.... A better Mike Dunleavy?... Or a euro less athletic Rudy Gay?... Or a taller Rex Chapman lol...

more athletic and nastyer version of Stojakovic...but we will see if it's truth. he is still shoter
suspect
Junior
And1: 4

Post#47 » by suspect » Sat Sep 7, 2013 5:35 pm

pohani komarac wrote:

more athletic and nastyer version of Stojakovic...but we will see if it's truth. he is still shoter

Wow, big expectations.

Peja at 19-20 was the best player in Europe along with Bodiroga.
He was virtually unstoppable in Europe at age 19-20. He was scoring 30 points at will against euro top teams like Benetton, PAO, Oly

If Huzonja is to become a nastier version of Peja he most his talent level must be off the chart.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#48 » by suckfish » Sat Sep 7, 2013 9:35 pm

It's not Hezonja's talent level that worries me, it's his character. If things don't go his way he appears to sulk and isolate himself from his teammates.

I don't think bouncing around between Barca juniors, Barca B, and occasionally Barca's ACB team has helped him really.
pohani komarac
Senior

Post#49 » by pohani komarac » Sun Sep 8, 2013 7:11 am

suspect wrote:
pohani komarac wrote:

Wow, big expectations.

Peja at 19-20 was the best player in Europe along with Bodiroga.
He was virtually unstoppable in Europe at age 19-20. He was scoring 30 points at will against euro top teams like Benetton, PAO, Oly

If Huzonja is to become a nastier version of Peja he most his talent level must be off the chart.

His talent level is off the chart......that's reason he is considerd lotto material from evrey scout from first day they saw him, despite fact he has problematic behavior on court, wich is bad, but also is his strenght
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#50 » by pickIBL » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:43 pm

Super Mario is a teenager... and his on court behavior and swag has me more excited than nervous. Look at the NBA 6th man of year... he's had problems on the court... and bigger problems off the court... he's not quite right in the head.

When you look at some NBA players they were not right in the head... Barkley admitted to playing very angry... who knows what was going on in Rodman's head.

Hezonja's games translates to the NBA... and if he has the swag and confidence to back that up... that's a very good thing. Sure he has to grow up... but we've all been there at one time.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#51 » by Mik317 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:19 pm

If anything it will be awesome to have a euro player that isn't automatically called soft.

also what exactly is his "issues"? Is it just him not always being happy when his teammates mess up or worse? because based off of the few reports I read it all seemed like body language kinda stuff and yet it is made to be like he constantly Spreewells dudes.

he is a kid. A kid who is better than a lot of his peers and yet feels like everyone should be on his level. I get it...doesn't make it right but I get it.

Unless there are worse issues,.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
flipwise
Junior
And1: 7

Post#52 » by flipwise » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:14 pm

Yeah, he definitely seems to have that NBA mentality. He can score for sure, but looking at the stats, he's not ultra efficient. I have a feeling like he'll put up whatever amount of shots he wants, regardless of where he plays. And yeah, that's swag and having a star's mentality. I don't follow european basketball that much, but I'm pretty sure most of the coaches hate that and bench you if you go iso-crazy (unless you hit ALL of the shots). I'd love to see him get drafted by a rebuilding team that won't limit his minutes if he plays confidently. I don't see him in the Euroleague at all.
Ryu
Bench Warmer
And1: 552

Post#53 » by Ryu » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:46 am

The biggest European talent, imo. Such a shame he didn`t come to Partizan Belgrade last year, couple of seasons of working with Coach Vujosevic would make him one of the best European players.

Instead he is wasting another year playing 5 mpg in Barcelona.
NBAeinstein
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#54 » by NBAeinstein » Fri Nov 1, 2013 12:23 am

It's going to be hard to judge because he simply isn't going to get time for Regal this season. I thought he had a breakthrough earlier in the week when he started and logged 21 minutes, but he played just a couple tonight v Nanterre.

He has the makings of a good defender, decent offensive skills and is very confident. Could be in for a slip as other show off their talents and he's stuck on the pine.
ProspectNext.com
Detailed reports on NBA hopefuls from across the globe
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#55 » by pickIBL » Mon Nov 4, 2013 6:15 am

He got some time and he'll probably see some minutes in non-euroleague games. If he was playing elsewhere he'd get big minutes and could blow up the draft boards. This situation is good for those drafting outside the top 5.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
pohani komarac
Senior

Post#56 » by pohani komarac » Wed Nov 6, 2013 3:08 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ongrVrtSQIE[/youtube]
NBAeinstein
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#57 » by NBAeinstein » Wed Nov 6, 2013 4:14 pm

NBAeinstein wrote:It's going to be hard to judge because he simply isn't going to get time for Regal this season. I thought he had a breakthrough earlier in the week when he started and logged 21 minutes, but he played just a couple tonight v Nanterre.

He has the makings of a good defender, decent offensive skills and is very confident. Could be in for a slip as other show off their talents and he's stuck on the pine.

Exactly right. He won't play much and therefore determining his stock will be extremely hard. In his favor are some early signs of NBA offensive skills, good athleticism and what appears to be unwavering confidence.
ProspectNext.com
Detailed reports on NBA hopefuls from across the globe
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#58 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Nov 9, 2013 5:58 am

pohani komarac wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ongrVrtSQIE[/youtube]

His penetration looked fantastic in that video
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,000

Post#59 » by UGA Hayes » Sat Nov 9, 2013 2:02 pm

When he comes over, can he bring that announcer with him. His last name sounds awesome,
pohani komarac
Senior

Post#60 » by pohani komarac » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:40 pm

2 hezonja plays in top 7 of acb league round 15

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCBeC1zEVn8[/youtube]

full game vs murcia

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIrhKJJgLxg[/youtube]

Return to NBA Draft