Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,316

Re: Alex Len - What's his comparison? 

Post#21 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Joel James ?

6-10, 260 lbs, works inside, decent feet, good athlete, soft touch, only a freshman, can hit a free throw, strong as a bear, hard worker, and unafraid to mix it up down low. All the ingredients to be a dominant post player?
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#22 » by Grits n Gravy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IknKniuYCic[/youtube]

Wow at how polished he looks here offensively. Something like Pau could be a legit comparison for him. I'm putting this guy as the #1 pick on the mock I'm about to do. (Edit - Nvm, didn't take into account Detroit is picking 1st on that mock)

quicker footed brook lopez? impressive mobility and skill. never seen him play.
Leolovinliberal
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#23 » by Leolovinliberal » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:06 am

LinkedList wrote:
ManualRam wrote:morehead st did a better job pushing len off the block, which is more of a commentary on UK's post defense. he wasn't as effective but i was impressed by his passing ability from the high post and perimeter. he's got good court sense.

Sticking with the Jonas V comparison? Sucks to hear he's so easily moved off the block. :-?

Guess no Timmy D coming down the road anytime soon...*sigh*

If you had to recommend me 3 elite low post big men who are 2-way players (either in college or high school), could you give me some names? Or is every big man going down the Garnett (perimeter)/Amare (face up)/Griffin (pure athleticism) road?

*EDIT* By elite low post, I mean guys pulling off legitimate post moves rather than just outjumping their counterparts. Of course, it'd be nice if they were not 6'8, 225lb power forwards, but legitimate bigs (6'11" or 7' and 240+ lbs)

If Karno keeps working on his body, he's gonna be a stud. Very advanced post moves, great hands, runs the floor really well. He's gotta keep getting rid of the baby fat and rebound a little better, but he could be a very, very good true center.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#24 » by No-Man » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:10 am

Zydrunas Ilgauskas
teamjosh04
Senior
And1: 17

Post#25 » by teamjosh04 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:06 am

I dont see many similarities in him and Jonas, besides looks. Jonas would prefer to roll to the rim off the pick and roll while Len likes to pop. Also, Jonas is more of a defensive big compared to Len's offensive style. Len isnt much of a defender at this point besides his shot blocking.

Len has top 10 potential, but lots of overreactions from the UK game. Cant think of an apt comparison, but the Brook Lopez one wasnt that bad
supaSPED
Pro Prospect
And1: 194

Post#26 » by supaSPED » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:41 am

he reminds me of a less nimble jonas valanciunas
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#27 » by B Mac » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:59 am

Fischella wrote:Zydrunas Ilgauskas

This is my first thought as well, especially pre-foot injuries Z. That guy would have been a dominant center if not for all of the screws he had to get put in his feet.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#28 » by thamadkant » Sun Jul 7, 2013 10:54 am

The first two posts are pretty positive outlook on Len.. Even guessing the top 5 pick (barely).

I've seen some quotes from Suns FO mentioning similarities to Len and Duncan...
And Len looking up to Duncan.

As a Suns fan... Would love for him to even come 70-75% of Tim Duncan... A double double center who can score a bit and defend the paint.
BlackFalconGSW
Banned User
And1: 346

Post#29 » by BlackFalconGSW » Sun Jul 7, 2013 5:15 pm

Poor man's ZI.
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Post#30 » by Jazzfan12 » Sun Jul 7, 2013 6:16 pm

The comparisons to JV are so weird now after he played with no energy for the entire season, :lol:

His face and body type are similar to Valanciunas I guess.

Return to NBA Draft