who is no.2?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Blame Rasho, jman3134

MagicFan32
RealGM
Posts: 14,206
And1: 368
Joined: Jun 13, 2004

who is no.2? 

Post#1 » by MagicFan32 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 am

With Shabazz being the consensus top prospect who do you think emerges as the no.2 prospect in this years draft? Zeller, McAdoo or someone else?
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
User avatar
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
Posts: 12,374
And1: 60
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Location: Political Asylum

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#2 » by Cigamodnalro » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:28 am

Shabazz is concensus #1?
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Fischella
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,807
And1: 566
Joined: Feb 11, 2012
         

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#3 » by Fischella » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:Shabazz is concensus #1?

Yep

For me no.2 is Zeller right now.
User avatar
DirtyDez
RealGM
Posts: 11,673
And1: 766
Joined: Jun 25, 2009
Location: the Arizona desert

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#4 » by DirtyDez » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Shabazz/Zeller are both elite prospects. The better question is who's number 3...
Fischella
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,807
And1: 566
Joined: Feb 11, 2012
         

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#5 » by Fischella » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:50 pm

DirtyDez wrote:Shabazz/Zeller are both elite prospects. The better question is who's number 3...

Right now? one of the Kentucky guys, depending on which team picks 3# if it the standings remain the way they're now, it'll be Sacramento/Cleveland/*OKC in this case, Poythress/Poythress/Noel,... look out for Goodwin, if he proves that can be a PG in NBA, he'll be drafted in the top5.
User avatar
CanadaB-Ball
Pro Prospect
Posts: 975
And1: 170
Joined: Apr 09, 2011

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#6 » by CanadaB-Ball » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:13 am

Fischella wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:Shabazz/Zeller are both elite prospects. The better question is who's number 3...

Right now? one of the Kentucky guys, depending on which team picks 3# if it the standings remain the way they're now, it'll be Sacramento/Cleveland/*OKC in this case, Poythress/Poythress/Noel,... look out for Goodwin, if he proves that can be a PG in NBA, he'll be drafted in the top5.


The pick is top-4/15-30 protected. It would be Toronto's pick, not OKC's, in this scenario.
Image
User avatar
Sik Infant
RealGM
Posts: 12,550
And1: 1,455
Joined: Apr 23, 2009
 

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#7 » by Sik Infant » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:46 am

Zeller
Muhammed
Noel

Shabazz is my favourite but I think Zeller goes #1.
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season


Image
User avatar
Cammo101
RealGM
Posts: 27,181
And1: 341
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:
     

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#8 » by Cammo101 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:Shabazz is concensus #1?


No.
B-a-T: Charlotte Bobcats
PG - De. Williams/CJ Watson/T. Douglas
SG - D. DeRozan/J. Terry/J. Selby
SF - P. Pierce/A. Aminu/T. Harris
PF - K. Humphries/E. Davis/H. Whiteside
C - C. Kaman/Ja. Smith/H. Thabeet
Coach - L. Frank
User avatar
EddieJonesFan
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,910
And1: 243
Joined: Apr 19, 2009

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#9 » by EddieJonesFan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 pm

He's not consensus no.1
TheLawSon3
Banned User
Posts: 622
And1: 60
Joined: Nov 18, 2012
Location: Some old guys lawn

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#10 » by TheLawSon3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:58 pm

i dont get the zeller hype so i would draft noel. if steven adams declares then i draft him.


in a stronger draft like the one that 2014 is considered to be zeller wouldnt be touched till 8
Johnlac1
Veteran
Posts: 2,576
And1: 357
Joined: Jan 21, 2012
 

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#11 » by Johnlac1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:40 pm

Zeller didn't boost his draft prospects tonight for sure. He looked dreadful. I saw Zeller quite a bit last year, and like many people thought he might be the top big in the 2013 draft. He didn't look like the no. 1 pick tonight. And Georgia's big men are not world beaters. He's a real good player, but now I'm starting to wonder about his pro capabilities. Doesn't seem to have made much of an upgrade over last year.
Johnlac1
Veteran
Posts: 2,576
And1: 357
Joined: Jan 21, 2012
 

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#12 » by Johnlac1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Just received more info...apparently Zeller is still feeling the effects of some sickness...flu or something. It might explain his awful game tonight. I will retract my previous post pending further improvement in his health.
TheLawSon3
Banned User
Posts: 622
And1: 60
Joined: Nov 18, 2012
Location: Some old guys lawn

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#13 » by TheLawSon3 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:14 pm

zeller is gonna have a hard time playing in the post at the next level. his t-rex arms are really gonna hinder his ability around the basket and i see him as a liability on defense. i think he can be a solid player, but this talk about him going number 2 does not make any sense to me. the reason blake can get away with having short arms is because he has out of this world athletic ability, which zeller lacks. im not comparing him to blake because they are different players entirely. only the short arms are comparable. zeller will bring other things to the table though intangibles, bbiq, and hustle. however you dont draft a player in the top 3 based on those things alone.
Upper Decker
Rookie
Posts: 1,099
And1: 106
Joined: Apr 04, 2012
Location: On a podium reminding everyone how right my predictions were

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#14 » by Upper Decker » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:39 am

TheLawSon3 wrote: other things to the table though intangibles, bbiq, and hustle. however you dont draft a player in the top 3 based on those things alone.

MKG seems to be doing well considering he can't shoot or penetrate in half court sets.
noobcake
Veteran
Posts: 2,515
And1: 428
Joined: May 18, 2009

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#15 » by noobcake » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:21 pm

TheLawSon3 wrote:zeller is gonna have a hard time playing in the post at the next level. his t-rex arms are really gonna hinder his ability around the basket and i see him as a liability on defense. i think he can be a solid player, but this talk about him going number 2 does not make any sense to me. the reason blake can get away with having short arms is because he has out of this world athletic ability, which zeller lacks. im not comparing him to blake because they are different players entirely. only the short arms are comparable. zeller will bring other things to the table though intangibles, bbiq, and hustle. however you dont draft a player in the top 3 based on those things alone.


Zeller is the most overrated prospect in the nation. He lacks the physical abilities or the potential. He is being drafted for being good in college as a Freshmen/Sophomore, being white/smart. He plays the kind of crafty thug offense that Tyler Hansbrough used to play. You don't draft a Shane Battier type player with a top 3 pick.
User avatar
Dr Positivity
RealGM
Posts: 31,501
And1: 1,215
Joined: Apr 29, 2009
       

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#16 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Yeah with the way the draft goes Zeller being a top 2 pick was always going to be an uphill climb with his wingspan at C and not really looking the part physically (even though he is a lot more athletic than Tyler) and the fact that he'll be 21 when he starts his NBA career. I have a hard time seeing him go above Alex Len who is a bigger, younger version of him. Best comparison for Cody this draft may be 2008 Brook Lopez/2010 Greg Monroe
User avatar
FootballFan33
Freshman
Posts: 72
And1: 2
Joined: Nov 21, 2011

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#17 » by FootballFan33 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:24 pm

noobcake wrote:
TheLawSon3 wrote:zeller is gonna have a hard time playing in the post at the next level. his t-rex arms are really gonna hinder his ability around the basket and i see him as a liability on defense. i think he can be a solid player, but this talk about him going number 2 does not make any sense to me. the reason blake can get away with having short arms is because he has out of this world athletic ability, which zeller lacks. im not comparing him to blake because they are different players entirely. only the short arms are comparable. zeller will bring other things to the table though intangibles, bbiq, and hustle. however you dont draft a player in the top 3 based on those things alone.


Zeller is the most overrated prospect in the nation. He lacks the physical abilities or the potential. He is being drafted for being good in college as a Freshmen/Sophomore, being white/smart. He plays the kind of crafty thug offense that Tyler Hansbrough used to play. You don't draft a Shane Battier type player with a top 3 pick.


But you draft the same garbage shovler like MKG at #2?

:lol:
TheLawSon3
Banned User
Posts: 622
And1: 60
Joined: Nov 18, 2012
Location: Some old guys lawn

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#18 » by TheLawSon3 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:42 am

mkg is a better prospect then zeller and was the youngest in his draft class. he gonna be one hell of a player. somewhere between deng/iggy defensively, and in his prime could average close to 20 and be a pretty good 2nd option and a playoff team.
User avatar
Dr Positivity
RealGM
Posts: 31,501
And1: 1,215
Joined: Apr 29, 2009
       

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#19 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:33 pm



I hope Shabazz looks more athletic than this when he gets in shape. These clips are as athletic as a Big Baby highlight video
User avatar
Dr Positivity
RealGM
Posts: 31,501
And1: 1,215
Joined: Apr 29, 2009
       

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#20 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Anybody else think this draft class is really underrated? I have a longish list of players I think have blue chip potential

Return to NBA Draft


Users browsing this forum: 23-7, Avalanche, Knickstape1214