who is no.2?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#21 » by MagicFan32 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:15 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98o3zkijKq8[/youtube]

I hope Shabazz looks more athletic than this when he gets in shape. These clips are as athletic as a Big Baby highlight video

Looks like a guy who knows how to score to me, not sure how you can judge his athleticism on the plays selected here
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
black bart
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#22 » by black bart » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:30 am

shabazz is playing out of control against cal poly.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#23 » by ManualRam » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:10 am

nhh90 wrote:shabazz is playing out of control against cal poly.

he's willing to shoot from anywhere on the court at anytime, which catches the defense off guard at times, but it also leads to a lot of tough shots early in the clock.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
LinkedList
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#24 » by LinkedList » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:46 am

Shabazz Muhammad looks like James Harden in the clip. Not sure what's unathletic about the video posted above. Some guys just don't utilize their athleticism to their fullest while in a half-court setting.

EDIT: By James Harden like, I mean in terms of smoothness and fluidity.
TheLawSon3
Banned User
And1: 60

Post#25 » by TheLawSon3 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:20 am

LinkedList wrote:Shabazz Muhammad looks like James Harden in the clip. Not sure what's unathletic about the video posted above. Some guys just don't utilize their athleticism to their fullest while in a half-court setting.

EDIT: By James Harden like, I mean in terms of smoothness and fluidity.

you know i was starting to think the same thing. he could be a slightly taller version of harden. i dont think he has the play making ability though.
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#26 » by boogie-reke » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:35 am

He looks to me like an out of control score 1st score 2nd MKG offensively, without the completely broken shot and with bigger range.

His very direct, non-stop attack mode approach with or without the ball, those hard cuts and use of his physical superiority close to the basket making those simple quick and powerful moves when he's inside the paint immediately after receiving the ball, the hustle going after offensive rebounds, and the solid handle enabling him together with his physical and athletic ability to get to the rim.

He's gonna get alot of stick his first couple of years in the league, and should hope he lands with a decent coach who can channel that ability into a productive player.

Despite the faults I like that attitude, and think it makes him special, considering his age and room for improvement with some fine tuning.

If he gets someone like a Paul Westphal a couple of years ago who'll just give him the ball and say "go" without really teaching and helping him figuring out whats a good or bad shot and help him with plays to highlight his advantages, he might put up high volume numbers in low efficiency but in the big picture it will only hurt him and not push him forward.
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#27 » by fredericklove » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:09 pm

ManualRam wrote:
nhh90 wrote:shabazz is playing out of control against cal poly.

he's willing to shoot from anywhere on the court at anytime, which catches the defense off guard at times, but it also leads to a lot of tough shots early in the clock.

Not really out of control in 2nd half though, he did however tried to do two tough baby hook over two defenders. Even though Bazz takes alot of attempts but the team doesn't treat him as 1st option, it's just a lack of chemistry right now as some guys just wanna go coast to coast on their own instead of passing it to teammates on transition.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#28 » by MagicFan32 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:13 am

UCLA style is terrible for him, they play so slow, i wish bazz would have went to UNC or Kentucky
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#29 » by noobcake » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:53 am

FootballFan33 wrote:
noobcake wrote:
TheLawSon3 wrote:zeller is gonna have a hard time playing in the post at the next level. his t-rex arms are really gonna hinder his ability around the basket and i see him as a liability on defense. i think he can be a solid player, but this talk about him going number 2 does not make any sense to me. the reason blake can get away with having short arms is because he has out of this world athletic ability, which zeller lacks. im not comparing him to blake because they are different players entirely. only the short arms are comparable. zeller will bring other things to the table though intangibles, bbiq, and hustle. however you dont draft a player in the top 3 based on those things alone.

Zeller is the most overrated prospect in the nation. He lacks the physical abilities or the potential. He is being drafted for being good in college as a Freshmen/Sophomore, being white/smart. He plays the kind of crafty thug offense that Tyler Hansbrough used to play. You don't draft a Shane Battier type player with a top 3 pick.

But you draft the same garbage shovler like MKG at #2?

:lol:

You are seriously comparing a raw and hyper athletic SF with a athletically limited sophomore who has not shown improvement since freshmen year?
Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#30 » by Kaner » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:28 am

noobcake wrote:
FootballFan33 wrote:
noobcake wrote:
Zeller is the most overrated prospect in the nation. He lacks the physical abilities or the potential. He is being drafted for being good in college as a Freshmen/Sophomore, being white/smart. He plays the kind of crafty thug offense that Tyler Hansbrough used to play. You don't draft a Shane Battier type player with a top 3 pick.

But you draft the same garbage shovler like MKG at #2?

:lol:

You are seriously comparing a raw and hyper athletic SF with a athletically limited sophomore who has not shown improvement since freshmen year?

says the kid who thinks Zeller is rated high because he's white
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#31 » by TheGoodDoctor » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:40 am

I think it's going to be Noel or Poythress.

I really don't see why people have any excitement about Zeller.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#32 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:04 am

Zeller is a great college player. He is a #1 college player even just don't see him being an amazing pro. He won't be bad but I just don't see all-star. He jumps to slow for the NBA.
LeChosen1
Banned User
And1: 67

Post#33 » by LeChosen1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:27 am

Since Zeller is so overrated(not), i hope he drops down to the heat lol, or maybe Mason Plumlee will do
gensu3k1
Senior
And1: 2

Post#34 » by gensu3k1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:09 am

Number one pick is wide open. I wouldn't even write off Gobert.
Zach Randolph + Kevin Durant >>>>>>> Greg Oden. Bob Whitsitt>>>>>> Kevin Pritchard.
"Jan Vesely, this guy can really shoot it." --Jay Bilas, 2011
re49gb_2gho32fp
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#35 » by re49gb_2gho32fp » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 pm

First of all, who is #1?

Upon watching a couple of games as carefully as I'm capable of, tracing the premier touted PF/C's (excluding poythress/mitchell) the initial hypothesis has been validated. Alex Len is the best player acc to my understanding that falls under aforementioned category. Len could be bigtime.
[truthfully, i had Adams before the college season. would be wise to stay in college.]

A lottery team will most likely pick Zeller, although that wouldn't be the most fruitful decision to make i fear. i believe Gobert is mentally (severely) soft.

Mohammad hasn't done anything to distinguish himself as the clear-cut best wing/backcourt player thus far.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#36 » by No-Man » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:09 pm

gensu3k1 wrote:Number one pick is wide open. I wouldn't even write off Gobert.

You should, he is awful, not even worth a lottery pick.

Right now, Poythress is 1# by far.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,446

Post#37 » by mhd » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Fischella wrote:

I think Archie Goodwin, Pythress, and Len all have played well enough to be the #1 pick. I'd rate Len the best though.
gensu3k1
Senior
And1: 2

Post#38 » by gensu3k1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:06 am

Fischella wrote:

oh come on now. Non-lotto? He's an absolute freak.

I would agree Poythress has his nose in front right now.
Zach Randolph + Kevin Durant >>>>>>> Greg Oden. Bob Whitsitt>>>>>> Kevin Pritchard.
"Jan Vesely, this guy can really shoot it." --Jay Bilas, 2011
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#39 » by No-Man » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:16 am

He's a stupid lazy freak, a mix between Ajinca and McGee, I wouldnt grab him ahead Cauley-Stein, Withey, Plumlee, Len, Noel, Zeller, Nogueira, Young or Austin, he's better than Dedmon though.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#40 » by ManualRam » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:58 am

Fischella wrote:

by far? didnt look like he was the #1 pick by far tonight. where was he vs notre dame? i completely forgot he was in the game.
has a tweener ever been taken 1st overall?
idontgiveashtaboutmelo

Return to NBA Draft