Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Re: who is no.2? 

Post#41 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:46 am

mhd wrote:
Fischella wrote:
gensu3k1 wrote:Number one pick is wide open. I wouldn't even write off Gobert.

You should, he is awful, not even worth a lottery pick.

Right now, Poythress is 1# by far.

I think Archie Goodwin, Pythress, and Len all have played well enough to be the #1 pick. I'd rate Len the best though.

I think Len has a decent shot at it. Center prospects rule the draft. Cody Zeller going over Len would be weird because Len really comes off to me as a Zeller brother with length/defensive C potential instead of those Trex arms Cody has. I have to think at the end of the day with the emphasis put on length and physical tools in the draft, that Len's length is going to put him over Cody
gensu3k1
Senior
And1: 2

Post#42 » by gensu3k1 » Thu Dec 6, 2012 4:42 am

by Fischella on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:16 am

He's a stupid lazy freak, a mix between Ajinca and McGee, I wouldnt grab him ahead Cauley-Stein, Withey, Plumlee, Len, Noel, Zeller, Nogueira, Young or Austin, he's better than Dedmon though.

You're entitled to your opinion on how he'll turn out, but as it is now his stock is high and I don't see it falling out of the lotto.

btw:

CBSSports.com polled 35 NBA types, guys who have been out running from tourney to tourney over the first month of the season, on who they would select if picking first. Here's the tally:

Cody Zeller (Indiana): 31 percent
Nerlens Noel (Kentucky): 23 percent
Alex Len (Maryland): 11 percent
Shabazz Muhammad (UCLA): 11 percent
Alex Poythress (Kentucky): 9 percent
Rudy Gobert (France): 6 percent
Tony Mitchell (North Texas): 3 percent
Archie Goodwin (Kentucky): 3 percent
Anthony Bennett (UNLV) - 3 percent

Like I said: it's wide open
Zach Randolph + Kevin Durant >>>>>>> Greg Oden. Bob Whitsitt>>>>>> Kevin Pritchard.
"Jan Vesely, this guy can really shoot it." --Jay Bilas, 2011
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#43 » by DirtyDez » Thu Dec 6, 2012 11:21 am

Poythress is a monster physically but shouldn't go top 5. He doesn't look very good in the halfcourt.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#44 » by MagicFan32 » Thu Dec 6, 2012 1:00 pm

I'm probably minority here but the more I see Noel the more I like his NBA potential. the overaggressiveness on D can be worked on, he can get bigger. he can pass the rock and be a defense/rebounding force, like a more athletic Joakim Noah. He's still very young i can't wait for march madness
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#45 » by ManualRam » Thu Dec 6, 2012 5:29 pm

DirtyDez wrote:Poythress is a monster physically but shouldn't go top 5. He doesn't look very good in the halfcourt.

no kentucky player looks good in the halfcourt, but out of their 3 top prospects i think poythress looks the best in the halfcourt because he can shoot, set up straight line drives off of ball fakes and post a bit.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#46 » by No-Man » Fri Dec 7, 2012 6:53 am

Poythress is better than Rudy Gay in 06, and Rudy was a top5 player out of that Draft.

Poythress is a lock in the top3, if Washington, Toronto or Cleveland finish with 1#, watch out.

He's also a good fit a Sacramento and NOLA he isnt slipping out of the top5, no way.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#47 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Dec 7, 2012 8:45 am

Fischella wrote:Poythress is better than Rudy Gay in 06, and Rudy was a top5 player out of that Draft.

Poythress is a lock in the top3, if Washington, Toronto or Cleveland finish with 1#, watch out.

He's also a good fit a Sacramento and NOLA he isnt slipping out of the top5, no way.

What benefits Poythress is SF being the position to be in this draft, in terms of what the bad teams need. Washington, Detroit, New Orleans, Cleveland, Toronto, Sacramento and Phoenix are all dieing for a SF

Regardless this thread is already outdated because Shabazz isn't even a lock for top 5 with the way a potentially last year's UConn like UCLA season could damage Bazz' stock. I could see him getting passed by both Goodwin and McLemore just at the SG spot alone. Both Goodwin and McLemore are going to be major players in this year's draft theatre
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#48 » by ATTL » Fri Dec 7, 2012 9:49 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
Fischella wrote:Poythress is better than Rudy Gay in 06, and Rudy was a top5 player out of that Draft.

What benefits Poythress is SF being the position to be in this draft, in terms of what the bad teams need. Washington, Detroit, New Orleans, Cleveland, Toronto, Sacramento and Phoenix are all dieing for a SF

Regardless this thread is already outdated because Shabazz isn't even a lock for top 5 with the way a potentially last year's UConn like UCLA season could damage Bazz' stock. I could see him getting passed by both Goodwin and McLemore just at the SG spot alone. Both Goodwin and McLemore are going to be major players in this year's draft theatre

Phoenix is dying for everything, however SG is a much more glaring hole than SF for the suns. Goodwin, McLemore and Shabazz will probably all be looked at higher than Poythress for the Suns. We're starting Shannon "im actually not a female" Brown at the 2.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#49 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Dec 7, 2012 9:08 pm

Ford wrote an article talking about Poythress, Len and Gobert as gaining #1 momentum

I think Len starts getting ranked #1 soon
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#50 » by No-Man » Fri Dec 7, 2012 9:36 pm

Gobert :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bowdown:
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#51 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Dec 7, 2012 11:54 pm

Anybody else feel like Michael Carter-Williams might blow up soon (in terms of draft stock). His assist, steal, rebound numbers per minute are crazy. I thought for a while Tony Mitchell might be the guy Cleveland shockingly takes top 5 because of non scoring stats, but MCW looks like probably a better candidate, especially considering nobody will expect them to go guard. Statistically he's Optimus Prime Dion Waiters right now
Judrix
Starter
And1: 201

Post#52 » by Judrix » Fri Dec 7, 2012 11:59 pm

Zeller will get dominated by NBA big men. Far too strong and long.
chicago bull
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#53 » by chicago bull » Sat Dec 8, 2012 11:35 am

whoever needs a guard to build around needs archie goodwin.he should be a top 5 pick hes great but seems a lil to soft tho
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#54 » by Johnlac1 » Sat Dec 8, 2012 2:22 pm

noobcake wrote:
TheLawSon3 wrote:zeller is gonna have a hard time playing in the post at the next level. his t-rex arms are really gonna hinder his ability around the basket and i see him as a liability on defense. i think he can be a solid player, but this talk about him going number 2 does not make any sense to me. the reason blake can get away with having short arms is because he has out of this world athletic ability, which zeller lacks. im not comparing him to blake because they are different players entirely. only the short arms are comparable. zeller will bring other things to the table though intangibles, bbiq, and hustle. however you dont draft a player in the top 3 based on those things alone.

Zeller is the most overrated prospect in the nation. He lacks the physical abilities or the potential. He is being drafted for being good in college as a Freshmen/Sophomore, being white/smart. He plays the kind of crafty thug offense that Tyler Hansbrough used to play. You don't draft a Shane Battier type player with a top 3 pick.

He's actually a totally different offensive player. Hansbrough only has about one basic move: he crashes in, knocks everybody out of the way, and powers the ball to the basket. His game is all strength and aggressiveness. Nothing wrong with that, but he lacks guile and smoothness. I can't say he actually shoots the ball, because a lot of the time it looks like he's throwing the ball at the basket.
Zeller is the opposite. Hes an intelligent player who uses moves, quickness, and footwork to get his points in the paint. He actually has a decent 15 ft shot, but seldom uses it. He'll have to shoot that in the pros. Zeller is one of the smartest if not the smartest big men in the country. He thinks things through before acting. The opposite of Hansbrough.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 979

Post#55 » by Geaux_Hawks » Sat Dec 8, 2012 3:32 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Anybody else feel like Michael Carter-Williams might blow up soon (in terms of draft stock). His assist, steal, rebound numbers per minute are crazy. I thought for a while Tony Mitchell might be the guy Cleveland shockingly takes top 5 because of non scoring stats, but MCW looks like probably a better candidate, especially considering nobody will expect them to go guard. Statistically he's Optimus Prime Dion Waiters right now

He's been my dark horse candidate for #1 for before the season. Honestly, I think he's going to be overlooked though. Could possibly fall into that 6-10 range and become the next Roy.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,061

Post#56 » by Laimbeer » Sat Dec 8, 2012 5:31 pm

Noel is an absolute freak that jumps right out at me every time i see him play. Zeller is overrated big time.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,730

Post#57 » by DowJones » Sat Dec 8, 2012 7:03 pm

I like Noel and Goodwin the best. I think they project the best over the next 5 years. I think Goodwin is going to be a steal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#58 » by Ruzious » Sat Dec 8, 2012 7:21 pm

Noel, Goodwin, and Poythress all looked good against Portland. Nothing's set for the next draft. All 3 of them continue to factor in. Goodwin's stats look a lot like John Wall's did at Kentucky. Poythress kind of reminds me of an old KY All-American - at least physically - Jamal Mashburn. Noel isn't Anthony Davis, but he continues to put up great blocks/steals numbers.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
re49gb_2gho32fp
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#59 » by re49gb_2gho32fp » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Anyone wants to speculate with regard to the standing reach of Alex Len?
ALong the lines of Bogut or better?
UnderdogKnicks
Starter
And1: 40

Post#60 » by UnderdogKnicks » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Noel is the most talented player in this draft so he should go 1st. I like the comparison of Camby/Noah for him, he is really quick for a big guy. Archie would be my #2, I see a lot of Dwayne Wade in him. Alex Len looks overrated to me from his highlights against Kentucky, Kosta Koufos any1?
Classics :

Knicks, Giants, Yankees, Rangers

Return to NBA Draft