Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Re: Shabazz napier 

Post#81 » by RSCD3_ » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:41 pm

If he lasts till 26 I think Miami picks him

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#82 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:16 am

RSCD3_ wrote:If he lasts till 26 I think Miami picks him

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Him or Russ Smith seems like the best bet. Then use FA money on bigger positions
mid-post
Analyst
And1: 70

Post#83 » by mid-post » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:23 am

People are sleeping big time on Bazz's creative instincts and basketball iq when he has the rock. I'm surprised people are saying he can't/shouldn't start as a point guard. For the past few seasons, all he's done at UConn under Ollie was pick and roll (with pretty marginal options in the "roll" role). He had to play off the ball a lot because UConn really only had one other true threat in the catch and shoot from the perimeter (Giffey), and in the college game you need at least 2-3.

This guy has an unreal feel for the game, can shoot the NBA three in his sleep and will finally be able to show his PG skills when he has guys down low to drop the ball off to. NBA spacing, pace and pick & roll are going to let Napier really showcase what kind of a basketball player he is. What kind of player is he? He's smart, aggressive, extremely skilled (this shouldn't be overlooked at all), decent athlete, shifty off the bounce and has a relatively low center of gravity. What all this means is that he will get to his spots in the NBA. The only real question is how he responds being given the keys to an NBA offense. Yes, he can be overly aggressive at times, but to me he looks ready for the NBA.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#84 » by The_Hater » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:02 am

Zombiesonics wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
NBA DRAFt NET just moved Napier into the lottery today.

draft express still has Napier going 28th which seems a far more likely outcome. I can't see him going in the top 20.

Ford has him at 19 to the bulls. A lot of buzz the celts want him, as well as the hornets. DX has him going to back up his old teammate in charlotte. His range is 17-28.

I'm willing to bet a lot of money he doesn't go in the top 20. In fact, I'd be less surprised if he went in the 2nd round.

But you're right about one thing, it only takes one team/GM to move a player up several spots.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#85 » by Old Man Game » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:57 am

I hope he goes top 20 so a better player will slide back to 21.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#86 » by Zombiesonics » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:50 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Zombiesonics wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
draft express still has Napier going 28th which seems a far more likely outcome. I can't see him going in the top 20.

Ford has him at 19 to the bulls. A lot of buzz the celts want him, as well as the hornets. DX has him going to back up his old teammate in charlotte. His range is 17-28.

I'm willing to bet a lot of money he doesn't go in the top 20. In fact, I'd be less surprised if he went in the 2nd round.

But you're right about one thing, it only takes one team/GM to move a player up several spots.

What makes you so sure of his prospects? This wasn't some lucky run he had, he has been rather dominate for two years. You don't think he has the physical attributes to play? NBA people like him as a sophomore, but considered him a head case . And old scout had a write up on him comparing his footwork and vision to steve Nash .
I got a feeling you simply haven't watched enough film on him. He guarded opposing team shooting guards all year and led his team in defensive rating . His range is 17-28 sorry to break your heart
Bodie Broadus
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#87 » by Bodie Broadus » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:51 pm

I think the headcase bad rap was really unfair. That was a toxic toxic team with Oriakhi whining and complaining because Andre Drummond was stealing his PT a year after he contributed to a national title. Jim Calhoun was being headhunted by the NCAA the entire season and was on his way out. So as the point guard of that squad, an awful lot was put on his shoulders and he wasn't ready for it. The proof in the pudding was when he took the reigns of that team a year later with Kevin Ollie on the bench and drove them to 20-10 without the chance of a tournament berth. All of that culminated in the run he took them on last year. All that being said, 17-28 is fair, I think he'll be a Norris Cole/Jerryd Bayless type for quite a while in the league.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#88 » by The_Hater » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:58 pm

Zombiesonics wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Zombiesonics wrote:

What makes you so sure of his prospects? This wasn't some lucky run he had, he has been rather dominate for two years. You don't think he has the physical attributes to play? NBA people like him as a sophomore, but considered him a head case . And old scout had a write up on him comparing his footwork and vision to steve Nash .
I got a feeling you simply haven't watched enough film on him. He guarded opposing team shooting guards all year and led his team in defensive rating . His range is 17-28 sorry to break your heart

First of all we're discussing where he'll get drafted, that has nothing to do with your or my opinion of him as a player because we don't have control over that.

As for his NBA prospects, he's 23 making him one do the 2 or 3 oldest prospects in the draft and both limits his upside and explains his NCAA dominance as he's 5 yrs removed from high school. His size makes him an almost sure fire defensive liability and while he's an excellent shooter he's not a particularly good passer which hurts at his size. He's more likely a Nate Robinson instant offense type then a starting PG but he does lack Nate explosiveness and athletic ability.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#89 » by 2thehoopand1 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:08 am

Hope someone bites on him and throws the rest of the mock drafts out order.

Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#90 » by karkinos » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:10 am

cancer wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Shabazz is going top 20. For any fan or website to suggest he is not is just going to find out they are off. Also Jordan Bachinynski is going to be a top 40 pick late 1 early 2 not even in any mocks Deandre Kane Russ Smith as well.

quoting for future verification
this will be bumped i promise.

gg
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#91 » by HornetJail » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:55 am

I'm sad
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#92 » by Upperclass » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:05 pm

So many teams are going to regret gifting him to the Heat. Best PG in this draft. Likely one of the top 3 players to come out of it and couldn't have landed in a better spot in Miami. I think Lebron returns and Napier starts at point sooner rather than later. Lebron just got his Derek Fisher.
kd 35
Senior
And1: 605

Post#93 » by kd 35 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:18 pm

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KDInf3Exyb4[/youtube]

I couldn't help but laugh at Simmons last night being visibly pissed about the trade.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#94 » by vanjulio » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:21 pm

Biz Gilwalker wrote:I'm sad

You get swept in round1 to them and then you trade a superstar to them for a Dleaguer and 2nd rounders? PATHETIC! :banghead:
Only thing worse would be to pass on him at #22 like my team did!
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
pmfg10
Senior
And1: 188

Post#95 » by pmfg10 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:46 pm

Superstar? :lol:
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#96 » by HornetJail » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Upperclass wrote:So many teams are going to regret gifting him to the Heat. Best PG in this draft. Likely one of the top 3 players to come out of it and couldn't have landed in a better spot in Miami. I think Lebron returns and Napier starts at point sooner rather than later. Lebron just got his Derek Fisher.

2nd best PG behind Exum if you ask me. Smart and Payton aren't as good as Napier. Napier is already better than either Chalmers or Cole by a significant margin. Only thing I can say about this situation that is positive- it's that Napier will have a chance to start and that he won't be stuck behind another PG.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#97 » by DK-All Day » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:42 pm

Biz Gilwalker wrote:
Upperclass wrote:So many teams are going to regret gifting him to the Heat. Best PG in this draft. Likely one of the top 3 players to come out of it and couldn't have landed in a better spot in Miami. I think Lebron returns and Napier starts at point sooner rather than later. Lebron just got his Derek Fisher.

2nd best PG behind Exum if you ask me. Smart and Payton aren't as good as Napier. Napier is already better than either Chalmers or Cole by a significant margin. Only thing I can say about this situation that is positive- it's that Napier will have a chance to start and that he won't be stuck behind another PG.

Eh. I think Smart will be a better pro than Shabazz.

I can't believe dumb GMs let him drop to the vicinity of the Heat. Its like teams want the Heat to be dominant.
Handsome.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#98 » by HornetJail » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:58 pm

DK-All Day wrote:
Biz Gilwalker wrote:

Eh. I think Smart will be a better pro than Shabazz.

I can't believe dumb GMs let him drop to the vicinity of the Heat. Its like teams want the Heat to be dominant.

Exactly. No way he should've still been there after 18 or so.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR

Return to NBA Draft