Joel Embiid

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#441 » by MalonesElbows » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:13 pm

It will really be fascinating to see who goes first. Embiid's back will be probably checked out 100% ok, but no one wants to draft the next Oden. Then you have Wiggins with his 4 point game in the NCAA tournament....good luck to any GM deciding between those :-?
Bubstubbler
Starter
And1: 755

Post#442 » by Bubstubbler » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:21 am

I played Chad Ford's draft lottery game on espn.com today and it came out:

1) Lakers - Wiggins
2) Pelicans - Parker
3) 76ers - Embiid

If the Pelicans actually luck into the #2 pick and Embiid is still available, I'll be really let down if they pass on him. Not only is Parker an inferior prospect, he'd be an obstacle to signing LeBron. Swing for the fences, New Orleans: take Embiid and fill the sf slot with LeBron rather than Parker.

Holiday
Gordon
LeBron/Evans
Anderson
Davis/Embiid

The best player in the league for LeBron to pair up with if he wants to maximize his career championships is Anthony Davis. Embiid may turn out to be the 2nd best. Gordon and Anderson are perfect complements for LeBron at sg and sf, and Holiday would 'only' be the best pg LeBron's ever teamed with.

If New Orleans gets Embiid, LeBron should sign there to maximize his career championships. He'd have a legit chance to match Bill Russell's total with that core.
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#443 » by abark » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:53 am

Bubstubbler wrote:I played Chad Ford's draft lottery game on espn.com today and it came out:

1) Lakers - Wiggins
2) Pelicans - Parker
3) 76ers - Embiid

If the Pelicans actually luck into the #2 pick and Embiid is still available, I'll be really let down if they pass on him. Not only is Parker an inferior prospect, he'd be an obstacle to signing LeBron. Swing for the fences, New Orleans: take Embiid and fill the sf slot with LeBron rather than Parker.

Holiday
Gordon
LeBron/Evans
Anderson
Davis/Embiid

The best player in the league for LeBron to pair up with if he wants to maximize his career championships is Anthony Davis. Embiid may turn out to be the 2nd best. Gordon and Anderson are perfect complements for LeBron at sg and sf, and Holiday would 'only' be the best pg LeBron's ever teamed with.

If New Orleans gets Embiid, LeBron should sign there to maximize his career championships. He'd have a legit chance to match Bill Russell's total with that core.

You think the Pelicans should plan their whole draft strategy on signing Lebron?

I agree with Embiid over Parker, but Lebron should in no way factor into the decision.
c3neely
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#444 » by c3neely » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:47 am

Wiggins is going number 1....now the big thing is will my Sixers take Embiid or Parker at # 2? Yes it depends on them getting the pick, and if parker comes out...but still. Giant decision

Id rather go with Parker personally. Opinions on what the Sixers should do if things fall into place? Hes going to be an offensive monster in the league...yes I know about his defensive issues, but they've been overblown due to internet nitpicking as far as im concerned. Coach K subbed him out to play better defensive guys on the bench they had....im not making it a bigger deal then it is. Hes still going to be a stud
GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man
And1: 802

Post#445 » by GANGSTERDOG » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:38 am

Bubstubbler wrote:I played Chad Ford's draft lottery game on espn.com today and it came out:

1) Lakers - Wiggins
2) Pelicans - Parker
3) 76ers - Embiid

Holiday
Gordon
LeBron/Evans
Anderson
Davis/Embiid

HAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Rofl
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Post#446 » by ColdBlooded » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:43 am

c3neely wrote:Wiggins is going number 1....now the big thing is will my Sixers take Embiid or Parker at # 2? Yes it depends on them getting the pick, and if parker comes out...but still. Giant decision

Id rather go with Parker personally. Opinions on what the Sixers should do if things fall into place? Hes going to be an offensive monster in the league...yes I know about his defensive issues, but they've been overblown due to internet nitpicking as far as im concerned. Coach K subbed him out to play better defensive guys on the bench they had....im not making it a bigger deal then it is. Hes still going to be a stud

his defensive problems are not overblown. they're valid concerns. it will only get worse if he's asked to guard on the perimeter in the NBA.
Sam Hinkie crew.
reignfire
Sixth Man
And1: 864

Post#447 » by reignfire » Tue May 20, 2014 4:23 am

If Wiggins is 6'8'' Embiid is at least 7' legit, maybe even 7'1'.

With 7 footers you always have to question if they are all of 7 feet tall.

http://instagram.com/p/n1xlpSlrkh/

Here's him next to 6'9' Kyle Anderson.
http://instagram.com/p/nuL0Z6Frje/
need4detroit
Analyst
And1: 769

Post#448 » by need4detroit » Tue May 20, 2014 4:30 am

reignfire wrote:
Tave wrote:
EMG518 wrote:
Yes it does. Its about all his moving parts. He couldnt coordinate his body into making any semblance of a jump shot. There is nothing Embiid cant coordinate his body into doing because of the way he is able to move. Extremely rare for anyone of any size.

I can't tell if you're trolling me or not, it sounds like you''re talking about Stretch Armstrong.

Tave, you should stop posting on this section since you have no evaluation skills whatsoever. All you have are snarky comments.

More reading, no posting, please :)

The fact that EMG was arguing that Shaq wasn't coordinated is laughable. Shaq had ELITE coordination for his size. The sole reason he couldn't shoot jumpers was the sole reason he couldn't shoot free throws, and thats because his hands were massive.
Detroit Sports Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/need4detroit
bkseven wrote:He's between average and above average.
Big_C_KU
Junior
And1: 106

Post#449 » by Big_C_KU » Tue May 20, 2014 5:38 am

reignfire wrote:If Wiggins is 6'8'' Embiid is at least 7' legit, maybe even 7'1'.

With 7 footers you always have to question if they are all of 7 feet tall.

http://instagram.com/p/n1xlpSlrkh/

Here's him next to 6'9' Kyle Anderson.
http://instagram.com/p/nuL0Z6Frje/

Embiid is a legit 7-foot in shoes. In fact I wouldn't have been surprised at all if he is closer to 7-1 in shoes. That's kinda what surprised me the most when I first saw him in the Jordan game last year was how tall he was.

If he stays healthy I really believe he'll be no worse than a Marc Gasol type C. More of a defensive C who has the offensive skill set to give around 15 ppg a night. He has the potential though to be the best 2-way C in the league in 5-7 years and be a 20-10-4 player. A poor mans Duncan (which is still really, really good). He still needs seasoning but starting healthy, getting stronger, and continuing to be a sponge to the vast basketball knowledge the sky is the limit for him.

And I think Wiggins would have measured out between 6-7 and 6-8 in shoes if he did done the measurements at the combine.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using RealGM Forums mobile app
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#450 » by noobcake » Tue May 20, 2014 6:58 am

Ouch.

I don't see many GM willing to risk the high center bust rate + potential history of back injury. I rather get 50 cents with Wiggins, or 3 quarters with Parker than potentially nothing or a dollar from Embiid.
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Post#451 » by ColdBlooded » Tue May 20, 2014 7:48 am

noobcake wrote:

Ouch.

I don't see many GM willing to risk the high center bust rate + potential history of back injury. I rather get 50 cents with Wiggins, or 3 quarters with Parker than potentially nothing or a dollar from Embiid.

if his back tests out great with team Doctors, then teams will draft him at the place they have him on their big board.

whether its #!,#2,etc.

past issues are alittle alarming, but if the tests come out great, then teams will not hesitant to select him.
Sam Hinkie crew.
endemicBull
Pro Prospect
And1: 10

Post#452 » by endemicBull » Tue May 20, 2014 11:46 pm

Id take him #1, as I think he will be a dominant NBA center. I'm just not sold on Wiggins being a stud at the NBA level, but it's an extremely close call

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,531

Post#453 » by Greatness » Fri May 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Every scout that's watched him practice over the past couple days says his back looks completely fine and teams would be insane not to take him #1. Maybe the most impressive thing I've heard is that his jumper is automatic from mid range and he can extend out to 3 point range.
boateng
Banned User
And1: 245

Post#454 » by boateng » Fri May 23, 2014 7:01 pm

if you have to take him no.1

many scouts have been parsing him and see him as a franchise changer like anthony davis. you don't pass on that imo.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#455 » by ManualRam » Fri May 23, 2014 7:13 pm

Greatness wrote:Every scout that's watched him practice over the past couple days says his back looks completely fine

scouts can't see inside of his back. that's the problem.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,531

Post#456 » by Greatness » Fri May 23, 2014 7:14 pm

ManualRam wrote:
Greatness wrote:Every scout that's watched him practice over the past couple days says his back looks completely fine

Yeah but if he's moving around fine and doesn't look stiff or seem hampered by it, then there isn't really an issue.
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#457 » by noobcake » Fri May 23, 2014 7:15 pm

ManualRam wrote:

Looking fine doesn't mean **** if he doesn't let team doctors examine his back. Bynum and Oden looked healthy at times.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#458 » by ManualRam » Fri May 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Greatness wrote:
ManualRam wrote:

Yeah but if he's moving around fine and doesn't look stiff or seem hampered by it, then there isn't really an issue.

they cant just watch him move and come to the conclusion that his back problems are not a long term issue. don't be silly.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Big_C_KU
Junior
And1: 106

Post#459 » by Big_C_KU » Fri May 23, 2014 7:52 pm

If you feel that he's 100% healthy and have no concern over future back injuries then no doubt he's the Cavaliers #1 pick. Especially considering their need going forward at C.

Players can work out just fine but you can't tell in workouts how his back will hold up over a stretch of physical games. You are still taking a chance.

One thing working in his favor is that Drummond had a similar injury and surgery last year and came back this year and played 81 games. That doesn't give you an idea where Drummond or Embiid's back will be in 5-6 years. Back injuries are so tedious. The key for Embiid will be strengthening his legs and core to give his back more support.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Post#460 » by Dr Positivity » Fri May 23, 2014 7:56 pm

He's the for sure favorite for #1, I think teams will have genuine concerns about Wiggins. If other teams like ORL or MIL had the #1 pick I would say Exum would have legitimate shot but obv that's not going to happen with CLE

Return to NBA Draft