Has Wiggins been compared to Cory Brewer?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,050

Re: Has Wiggins been compared to Cory Brewer? 

Post#121 » by Marvin Martian » Sun Mar 2, 2014 5:44 am

Finishing at the rim is not that easy to correct. I can't think any prospect that magically became D Wade after struggling to finish layups. At the next level, the refs are not going to bail Wiggins out for missing layups. He will be regulated to the perimeter and fall in love with the jumpshot if he doesn't figure it out. He reminds me of Ben Mclemore who had similar struggles in college and now looks absolutely lost on the Kings.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#122 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Mar 2, 2014 6:11 am

He is a flawed prospect and it is perfectly reasonable for people to have him outside of their top 5.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#123 » by RSCD3_ » Sun Mar 2, 2014 8:50 am

Hops alone mean nothing if you dont have the ability to penetrate to the rim and use them.

Demar derozan was a great jumper height wise but didnt have that good of a first step and he had rawer handles.

I mean look at gerald green the guy can leap 45 inches but he cant get close enough to the rim with the ball in his hand to playmake for himself

Sent from my SCH-I800 using RealGM Forums mobile app
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
boateng
Banned User
And1: 245

Post#124 » by boateng » Sun Mar 2, 2014 6:35 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:I thought Wiggins would be an elite finisher at the college level. Is it just a lack of strength? Underwhelming 1st step? Can't really put my finger on why he struggles at the rim.

Strength, overrated athleticism (he is a great athlete but not generational), but probably just being undeveloped/inexperience. I am guessing 27 year old Wiggins is good at finishing at the rim

You really dislike him don't you? Did he decline you an autograph?

Anyway I won't take college that seriously. He needs to work on his game but many players came into the league as flawed but excelled.

Westbrook wasn't rated and was considered a reach at number 4 but he is now a top 10 player. Wiggins will have to work on his game hard though.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#125 » by reanimator » Sun Mar 2, 2014 6:50 pm

This is going to be this years thread that gets bumped and laughed at after in a year or two...
reanimator
Analyst

Post#126 » by reanimator » Sun Mar 2, 2014 6:54 pm

This is going to be this years thread that gets bumped and laughed at in a year or two...
boateng
Banned User

Post#127 » by boateng » Sun Mar 2, 2014 8:53 pm

reanimator wrote:This is going to be this years thread that gets bumped and laughed at in a year or two...

this is what i predict :lol:
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,265

Post#128 » by rockmanslim » Sun Mar 2, 2014 10:08 pm

reanimator wrote:This is going to be this years thread that gets bumped and laughed at after in a year or two...

So are you saying that in two years, Wiggins will be a #1 offensive option? Is that what you see when you watch him? Let's get this on the record. :lol:
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

reanimator
Analyst

Post#129 » by reanimator » Sun Mar 2, 2014 10:33 pm

rockmanslim wrote:
reanimator wrote:This is going to be this years thread that gets bumped and laughed at after in a year or two...

So are you saying that in two years, Wiggins will be a #1 offensive option? Is that what you see when you watch him? Let's get this on the record. :lol:

I see the second best player and a guy who will be an elite finisher, able to guard the other teams best perimeter player, deadly in transition and developing a half-court arsenal..
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,265

Post#130 » by rockmanslim » Sun Mar 2, 2014 10:41 pm

reanimator wrote:
rockmanslim wrote:

I see the second best player and a guy who will be an elite finisher, able to guard the other teams best perimeter player, deadly in transition and developing a half-court arsenal..

Second best player? Do you mean second best on his team or second best player in the NBA?
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

reanimator
Analyst

Post#131 » by reanimator » Sun Mar 2, 2014 10:44 pm

rockmanslim wrote:
reanimator wrote:
rockmanslim wrote:

Second best player? Do you mean second best on his team or second best player in the NBA?

Out of this draft.
webc5
Senior
And1: 405

Post#132 » by webc5 » Mon Mar 3, 2014 6:20 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:He is a flawed prospect and it is perfectly reasonable for people to have him outside of their top 5.

You can say that about anybody.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#133 » by mattg » Tue Mar 4, 2014 8:56 am

I think he's comparable to a rich mans kawhi Leonard.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#134 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 4, 2014 11:25 am

mattg wrote:I think he's comparable to a rich mans kawhi Leonard.

I think George is the better comp as far as how he'll be used in the NBA, and I expect he'll develop at least as quickly. SA's gradually increased Kawhi's role, but he's still mainly a 3 and D player for them.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#135 » by noobcake » Tue Mar 4, 2014 1:28 pm

Ruzious wrote:

I think George is the better comp as far as how he'll be used in the NBA, and I expect he'll develop at least as quickly. SA's gradually increased Kawhi's role, but he's still mainly a 3 and D player for them.

Ummm, okay. You except Wiggins to develop in the trajectory that Paul George did? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul George broke his ceiling twice over and developed beyond anyone's expectations? He is the exception, not the norm. The number of low skill, athletes who become busts outnumber George 20 to 1.
ThereShouldBe4s
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#136 » by ThereShouldBe4s » Tue Mar 4, 2014 1:43 pm

George went to a quality team that has proven to be excellent at developing players and putting them in a position to succeed on the court. He wouldn't be the player he is now if he were drafted to a team like the Bobcats. I like Wiggins as a prospect but I don't know if he's good enough to overcome being drafted to a terrible dysfunctional franchise. Where he lands will be key to his career prospects.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#137 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:47 pm

noobcake wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Ummm, okay. You except Wiggins to develop in the trajectory that Paul George did? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul George broke his ceiling twice over and developed beyond anyone's expectations? He is the exception, not the norm. The number of low skill, athletes who become busts outnumber George 20 to 1.

The prior expectations for George have nothing to do with the topic, noob.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
boateng
Banned User

Post#138 » by boateng » Tue Mar 4, 2014 4:34 pm

noobcake wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Why you so salty about wiggins?
I do agree that he doesnt look as great as was hyped but its college. Westbrook wasnt impressive in college but look at him now.
We will see if u were right about him
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#139 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue Mar 4, 2014 6:12 pm

noobcake wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

I could have sworn you were going to stop posting in threads about Wiggins.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#140 » by noobcake » Tue Mar 4, 2014 10:41 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
noobcake wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I think George is the better comp as far as how he'll be used in the NBA, and I expect he'll develop at least as quickly. SA's gradually increased Kawhi's role, but he's still mainly a 3 and D player for them.

I could have sworn you were going to stop posting in threads about Wiggins.

One more post bookmarked. Bumping all this in 2015

Return to NBA Draft