RealGM
And1: 24,405
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Re: D'angelo Russell 

Post#281 » by E-Balla » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:17 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

you call six players out of the 32 full of? LOL. So there is 26 teams without a STAR point guard. Thats not full of by no means. Come on Son. Towns is not even Andre Drummond Stop it.... Eddie Cury was a low post beast, dont mean I want him as my franchise big. So what OK4 has a post game...dude is stiff and weak on defense. Low post dont mean nothing, if the rest of your game is kinda weak.

:lol: :lol: Are you serious? I only named 6 guys (learn the meaning of etc.) but there's at least two more in Goran Dragic and Tony Parker. That's literally 8 players not counting up and coming guys like Oladipo, Bledsoe, possibly (I don't see it but others do) Brandon Knight, Emmanuel Mudiay (in the same draft), and a few others. Scoring guards are the most common type of All Star caliber player we have right now.

You don't even know how many NBA teams there are man you can't be serious right now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Eddy Curry wasn't a low post monster. He couldn't pass, he turned the ball over at a super high rate, and he was out of shape 99% of the time. The last low post monster we had in the league was Yao and he played on defensive teams and still wasn't as good as Okafor looks offensively (no freshman big has ever averaged over 15 ppg in a major conference and had a FG% higher than Okafor's). I don't even want to continue this if you think comparing Towns (who is 81% from the freethrow line and 42% on 2 point jumpers - both higher than D'angelo Russell) and Drummond makes any type of sense.

PS - There's only 30 teams in the NBA. :roll:

PSS - Check the double negatives bro.

lol.Its okay I had a brain fart with the NFL by mistake. But your REACHING naming bledsoe and Oldapio. You also reaching naming old ass players like wade and parker . This is all about Young PROVEN stars at this point. Etc does not help you my man...etc does not even add 10 more players to even give you HALF of the 30 teams. Learn what full of means,if I have to learn what etc means LOL. Curry was a Beast in the low post. We not arguing wether he could pass. We are arguing could he score on the block at a good rate, and he was nice on the Block regardless to whom or what. Dont switch your argument to scoring guards when we are specifically talking about PG's here. Point blank...all star level PG's are not common in the NBA. Star Bigs are not either, but there has been waaaaay more busts at Bigs than there have been at PG's in the last 15 years.

If you want to talk PGs I left out guys like Teague, Lowry, Wall, and CP3 because I thought they were too much like natural PGs and not new age scoring Gs to count. Just because there aren't 15 All Star caliber players at a position does not mean the league is full of them. If we are talking about PG's here's the list of G's with a 20 PER season in either of the last two seasons.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... rder_by=ws

Taking out the SG's (even though James Harden is really not more of a SG than someone like Derrick Rose was but w/e) and players that didn't play much there's 12 guys on that list. Half the teams don't need to have a player type for it to be common.

And we weren't talking about scoring but if you want to go there Eddy Curry averaged 19 points per 36 minutes over a 6 year period on 58.5 TS. His scoring was good that's not why he is out of the league and a bad player, literally every other part of his game is. Plus Okafor is a better scorer than Curry was.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#282 » by sweetcity » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:23 pm

Fischella wrote:
sweetcity wrote:To me, Russell looks like the next guy the replace Kobe in LA LA Land

I think is the best fit for him as well, Mudiay in Philly, Okafor in NY, Towns in Minnesota.
I hope it ends up that way.

I agree with all that as well, although I think Towns might be a better fit in the triangle then Okafor. Bargnani and Towns is actually an interesting pair.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#283 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:04 pm

E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
E-Balla wrote: :lol: :lol: Are you serious? I only named 6 guys (learn the meaning of etc.) but there's at least two more in Goran Dragic and Tony Parker. That's literally 8 players not counting up and coming guys like Oladipo, Bledsoe, possibly (I don't see it but others do) Brandon Knight, Emmanuel Mudiay (in the same draft), and a few others. Scoring guards are the most common type of All Star caliber player we have right now.

You don't even know how many NBA teams there are man you can't be serious right now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Eddy Curry wasn't a low post monster. He couldn't pass, he turned the ball over at a super high rate, and he was out of shape 99% of the time. The last low post monster we had in the league was Yao and he played on defensive teams and still wasn't as good as Okafor looks offensively (no freshman big has ever averaged over 15 ppg in a major conference and had a FG% higher than Okafor's). I don't even want to continue this if you think comparing Towns (who is 81% from the freethrow line and 42% on 2 point jumpers - both higher than D'angelo Russell) and Drummond makes any type of sense.

PS - There's only 30 teams in the NBA. :roll:

PSS - Check the double negatives bro.

lol.Its okay I had a brain fart with the NFL by mistake. But your REACHING naming bledsoe and Oldapio. You also reaching naming old ass players like wade and parker . This is all about Young PROVEN stars at this point. Etc does not help you my man...etc does not even add 10 more players to even give you HALF of the 30 teams. Learn what full of means,if I have to learn what etc means LOL. Curry was a Beast in the low post. We not arguing wether he could pass. We are arguing could he score on the block at a good rate, and he was nice on the Block regardless to whom or what. Dont switch your argument to scoring guards when we are specifically talking about PG's here. Point blank...all star level PG's are not common in the NBA. Star Bigs are not either, but there has been waaaaay more busts at Bigs than there have been at PG's in the last 15 years.

If you want to talk PGs I left out guys like Teague, Lowry, Wall, and CP3 because I thought they were too much like natural PGs and not new age scoring Gs to count. Just because there aren't 15 All Star caliber players at a position does not mean the league is full of them. If we are talking about PG's here's the list of G's with a 20 PER season in either of the last two seasons.

Taking out the SG's (even though James Harden is really not more of a SG than someone like Derrick Rose was but w/e) and players that didn't play much there's 12 guys on that list. Half the teams don't need to have a player type for it to be common.

And we weren't talking about scoring but if you want to go there Eddy Curry averaged 19 points per 36 minutes over a 6 year period on 58.5 TS. His scoring was good that's not why he is out of the league and a bad player, literally every other part of his game is. Plus Okafor is a better scorer than Curry was.

Do you really think OK4 can play D? Listen, I dont. I see you like the Bigs. But there is no proof these are cant miss Bigs. Thats all in a nutshell I am saying. You said you cant pass them up, and I see nothing that says MUST HAVE. Yes they have mad potential, but I done see generational talent here, regardless of OK4 scoring skill in the post. I am not high on tall players are who so stiff and cant play Defense. nor can you admit he comes off as more of a leader than Russell. Russell is as skilled as OK4 for a PG. He is doing everything at a high clip at only 19, and has shown waaaay more BBIQ and leadership qualities. The Bigmen are no slam dunk over Russell.
WeNeverLeftAZ
Junior
And1: 398

Re: 

Post#284 » by WeNeverLeftAZ » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:11 pm

cedric76 wrote:Let's see how he does against Stan before calling him a top 2

Rondae should be checking him the majority of the game.
I made sure to say 'Bear Down Arizona!' at the end of our broadcast. That was for Wildcat Nation. -NBC Anchor Brian Williams
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#285 » by E-Balla » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:02 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Do you really think OK4 can play D? Listen, I dont. I see you like the Bigs. But there is no proof these are cant miss Bigs. Thats all in a nutshell I am saying. You said you cant pass them up, and I see nothing that says MUST HAVE. Yes they have mad potential, but I done see generational talent here, regardless of OK4 scoring skill in the post. I am not high on tall players are who so stiff and cant play Defense. nor can you admit he comes off as more of a leader than Russell. Russell is as skilled as OK4 for a PG. He is doing everything at a high clip at only 19, and has shown waaaay more BBIQ and leadership qualities. The Bigmen are no slam dunk over Russell.

Okafor has the physical build and athleticism to be a good defender. Not the greatest but there's no reason that he can't learn like Marc Gasol did since he seems to be able to use his physical talents offensively. Marc Gasol was supposed to be a terrible defender and he improved enough to win a DPOY.

And if you don't see how the best 6-11 offensive freshman ever is a can't miss talent idk what to say. There's too much focus on what he can't do and not enough on the fact that outside of his free throw shooting he's the most dominant offensive freshman center ever.

And Okafor isn't so stiff he can't defend. It's obvious you haven't watched him. His defensive weakness is his effort.

And he isn't the leader Russ is for his team but who the **** cares. They have Quinn Cook ans Tyus Jones he doesn't need to be. He plays with the same fire and intensity Russ does (and Towns plays all out more than both of them).

Personally I see all three as future stars but Jahlil has the most unique game, the highest upside, and he's the second best player in college ball.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Re: Re: 

Post#286 » by MotownMadness » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:19 pm

WeNeverLeftAZ wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Let's see how he does against Stan before calling him a top 2

Rondae should be checking him the majority of the game.

Yeah but they will more then likely get matched up a few times throughout the game. Either way it's going to be a rough day at the office for Russell going up against that Arizona defense.
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#287 » by isiah_thomas » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:18 pm

Smooth player. Going to make everybody around him better. Handles, change of speed, size and a very good shooter. Top 3 pick
23-7
Veteran
And1: 466

Post#288 » by 23-7 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:55 pm

MPrice25 wrote:
ManualRam wrote:
MPrice25 wrote:Doesn't Matter, not likley to enter the draft this year anyways. Told just about every school he went to he wants to be at least a 2 year player

it does matter because talk is cheap. we've all heard that type of stuff before.

Nah, doesn't matter one bit.

All man where did this guy go?
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#289 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:20 pm

Y'all see that no-look pass he made? That was sick. He's got that flare to him a la Steph Curry
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#290 » by teerfour+40LG » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Watching him against Arizona right now.

Obvious concerns are strength and athleticism.

In addition, his off-ball defense looks shaky
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#291 » by E-Balla » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:16 pm

Good first half even though he couldn't make any shots. Second half he was pretty atrocious offensively and defensively he showed off that lack of awareness. Look like he pulled a Kobe/Melo and didn't trust his teammates there for the first o minutes of the half.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#292 » by sportscrazy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:44 pm

I still feel like he's just a notch below Jahlil Okafor and Karl-Anthony Towns. More so because I think Towns and Okafor are really special. I think Tier One of this draft is Towns and Okafor then Tier 2 is Mudiay and Russell then every one else.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#293 » by EricAnderson » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:10 am

E-Balla wrote:Good first half even though he couldn't make any shots. Second half he was pretty atrocious offensively and defensively he showed off that lack of awareness. Look like he pulled a Kobe/Melo and didn't trust his teammates there for the first o minutes of the half.

He doesn't trust his teammates because they're awful
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,839

Post#294 » by Domejandro » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:29 am

I thought D'Angelo Russell looked fantastic in the first half and still played well in the second half. His shot was not falling at all, but the amount that he still managed to impact the game on three of twenty shooting is very positive to me.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#295 » by reanimator » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:34 am

Weaknesses were magnified but his passing made him a plus on the floor. With that said, I am taking Mudiay.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#296 » by E-Balla » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:34 am

EricAnderson wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Good first half even though he couldn't make any shots. Second half he was pretty atrocious offensively and defensively he showed off that lack of awareness. Look like he pulled a Kobe/Melo and didn't trust his teammates there for the first o minutes of the half.

Oh yeah they might be the worst team in the conference without him. They have a 6-4 190 PF.
reanimator
Analyst

Post#297 » by reanimator » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:41 am

E-Balla wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

Oh yeah they might be the worst team in the conference without him. They have a 6-4 190 PF.

Ja'Sean Tate is a hell of a player and has a bright future.

I assure you his supporting cast is better than what you would find at Rutgers, Penn St and Michigan. Its not awesome but it isn't dragging him down where as productivity is concerned.
ZUDAMAGIC
Veteran
And1: 1,765

Post#298 » by ZUDAMAGIC » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:40 am

reanimator wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

I assure you his supporting cast is better than what you would find at Rutgers, Penn St and Michigan. Its not awesome but it isn't dragging him down where as productivity is concerned.

No way ohio state has a better supporting cast then Michigan healthy.
reanimator
Analyst

Post#299 » by reanimator » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:51 am

ZUDAMAGIC wrote:
reanimator wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Oh yeah they might be the worst team in the conference without him. They have a 6-4 190 PF.

No way ohio state has a better supporting cast then Michigan healthy.

Sure they do. Way more talented, Beilein actually develops though.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#300 » by EricAnderson » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:57 am

reanimator wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

Outside of Tate the supporting cast is brutal..Without Russel that's a god awful offense..

Return to NBA Draft